Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Doug_G seen there the Tesla map is progressively taking its’ new form, and that we are expecting Superchargers in NB and NS soon, I think it would be a good time to place this as a Sticky Thread.View attachment 302297

Basically, this area would contain New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Newfoundland & Labrador (<= probably never) and even St-Pierre et Miquelon (<= absolutely never)
Are you saying there are new pins on this map that weren't there last week? If so, which ones?

So, for Atlantic Canada Halifax and Truro are out and Aulac and Enfield are in on the new map.

For Enfield, I'll go with the hotel owned by the Germain group at the airport (speculation). The same family is already a Supercharger host at their Baie-St-Paul property.

Aulac would appear to require a new Supercharging partner.

So, for Atlantic Canada Halifax and Truro are out and Aulac and Enfield are in on the new map.

For Enfield, I'll go with the hotel owned by the Germain group at the airport (speculation). The same family is already a Supercharger host at their Baie-St-Paul property.

Enfield Irving Big Stop right off the 102 highway. Huge parking lot plus restaurant, Tim Horton's, Burger King and dog park. Hopefully the same for Aulac.

A multi-site deal with Big Stop would definitely be a win.

I sure hope so. While Enfield has options there is nothing in Aulac except the Big Stop so if not there then where? I'm just happy they aren't plunking one down in Halifax (at least for the time being) because that would be mostly useless to support long distance travel. I've also heard that a permit was pulled for Lincoln, New Brunswick where there is another huge Big Stop location. My only concern is the weight I will gain eating those massive Big Stop meal portions ;-)

I honestly don’t think that Supercharging at an airport is useful for travelling.

Reactions: comeaujo
I honestly don’t think that Supercharging at an airport is useful for travelling.

I agree. That hotel is part of the parking garage structure and ideally you don't want to have to enter a parking garage or have to pay for parking just to charge. There would also be a much higher probability they'd be ICE'd by travellers in a rush who just don't care, especially if they put them outside somewhere. Parking at the Halifax airport is not fun.

The Airport is just off the highway so I would have no concerns there. Would be terrible to have it in the paid parking. However, how about at the gas station or Tim Horton’s heading into the airport or maybe at the Quality Inn? But would really make much more sense further down the highway at the Elmsdale Exit. There is fast food there, the shopping centre and not too far away.... a NS Liquor Commission Store:rolleyes:

The Airport is just off the highway so I would have no concerns there. Would be terrible to have it in the paid parking. However, how about at the gas station or Tim Horton’s heading into the airport or maybe at the Quality Inn? But would really make much more sense further down the highway at the Elmsdale Exit. There is fast food there, the shopping centre and not too far away.... a NS Liquor Commission Store:rolleyes:
I agree, which is why I like Enfield as a supercharger location.

Hey! First time commenter. I noticed in the new Tesla map that the Moncton supercharger has been updated to a "Summer 2018" opening

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 3.14.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 3.14.14 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 44
Hey! First time commenter. I noticed in the new Tesla map that the Moncton supercharger has been updated to a "Summer 2018" opening
Based on observation from stateside superchargers, that is likely an indication that construction may already be in progress or at least imminent. The ones with no signs of permitting or construction are still listed as "target opening in 2018/9," while the ones that are under construction list a more specific opening time such as "summer 2018" or "fall 2018."

Based on observation from stateside superchargers, that is likely an indication that construction may already be in progress or at least imminent. The ones with no signs of permitting or construction are still listed as "target opening in 2018/9," while the ones that are under construction list a more specific opening time such as "summer 2018" or "fall 2018."
I would not be surprised if it just pops up at CF Champlain Mall.