Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20220208-120032_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220208-120042_Instagram.jpg

Full matte ppf + front window tint + windshield clear uv/heat protection film

They did and I still have them, apparently title and registration takes long these days, my SA said we hope you don't have to wait too long, but some people in certain states didn't get their titles until after their temp tags expired, so I am waiting for my OH tags so I can issue AZ ones, the ones in AZ gives me open access to HOV, which in AZ highways is a must
Found mine ib glove dept...ok the dealer didn't sign it?

The front side windows doesn't and the rear side windows are dyed but do not have any uv protection. So if you want to tint the rear for uv protection most people do 70% and 25% in front to match.
Thanks for the info! Think in DC there are some strict laws, but I think I can get a waiver for slightly darker tint. Do you know if the glass roof has UV protection?

Reactions: eric.freeman
Gasp! So nice!!! Is the front windshield the only glass in the Y without UV protection? And did this cost you crazy $$?
It was a pretty penny, I got quotes from 4 different places ranging from $4,500-$6,000 where I live. The windshield and driver/passenger side windows were done with ceramic film the 3 of them now have uv protection. I'm not sure about the rest of the car :)

Reactions: eeee-meeee
It was a pretty penny, I got quotes from 4 different places ranging from $4,500-$6,000 where I live. The windshield and driver/passenger side windows were done with ceramic film the 3 of them now have uv protection. I'm not sure about the rest of the car :)
You've inspired me to get my windows UV tinted (think Suntek carbon) (I justify $ for health reasons as I'm sensitive to the sun! Homelink will have to wait!!)) Read somewhere that the roof glass has very good UV protection, the rear sides since not double paned are the worst. The front sides and windshield has some decent due to the laminated glass on front and double paned on sides. Sounds like ceramic has 99% UV protection, regardless of color and darkness of shade (at least that's how I'm reading it, so thats cool!

Anyhow, overall was feeling so lucky today to be able to drive this really lovely car!! 🥰

Last edited:
You've inspired me to get my windows UV tinted (think Suntek carbon) (I justify $ for health reasons as I'm sensitive to the sun! Homelink will have to wait!!)) Read somewhere that the roof glass has very good UV protection, the rear sides since not double paned are the worst. The front sides and windshield has some decent due to the laminated glass on front and double paned on sides. Sounds like ceramic has 99% UV protection, regardless of color and darkness of shade (at least that's how I'm reading it, so thats cool!

Anyhow, overall was feeling so lucky today to be able to drive this really lovely car!! 🥰
If it helps my front windows are just a little lighter than the back windows. My last car I did the exact same color as the back windows and at night i had a bit of a hard time seeing (I'm a tint wuss)

Reactions: eeee-meeee
9007991e-e5ae-4cd1-aa32-450fd819f283.jpg

Hey Everyone!! Sorry its been a while... busy week at work and just life in general... Picked Light Fury up on the 5th.. No major flaws and came with AMD RYZEN!!

Not driving alot so nothing to say about that, but the inital drive was AMAZING ( charger hasnt arrived yet so dont wanna bring it really low)

Experience during pick up was really seemless. Went in and they told me my car was at lot 10... Went over the car and accepted delivery. There was some paperwork that took all of 5 minutes and i could drive off. Some minor issues came with the car such as; Coat hangers werent flush in the rear, and the passenger side tail light was protuding but it was "within spec" so i didnt really mind. Came with the old UI v10, but updated to v11 when i got home.

Ordered the Tesla Wall Charger and it should be arriving this week so waiting to install that.
Ordered all weather matts for the 9th, but the car came early so been using my old car ones for now.

Autopilot:

Ive been using the autopilot for 80% of my driving. Even tho i do not have the FSD... i use the basic one ALL the time.
Intially its scary, I drive closer to driver side lane, no justification just the way i drive. when i started using Autopilot, it would steer me into the centre of the lane and i would freak becasue I feel as if its too close to the curb. Getting used to it tho, and its REALLY GOOD. Ive might consider getting FSD because OH SO GOOD!!!

Last edited:
Ordered the Tesla Wall Charger and it should be arriving this week so waiting to install that.
Ordered all weather matts for the 9th, but the car came early so been using my old car ones for now.
Congrats! It looks great!

Your point about the charging parts got me to thinking. I've been putting off the order of my NEMA 14-50 adapter from Tesla. I went to the Tesla site and they are out of stock of that adapter. Anyone have experience to know how long these parts stay out of stock?

Reactions: eric.freeman
Congrats! It looks great!

Your point about the charging parts got me to thinking. I've been putting off the order of my NEMA 14-50 adapter from Tesla. I went to the Tesla site and they are out of stock of that adapter. Anyone have experience to know how long these parts stay out of stock?
When online, click the "Email me when this item is back in stock," and once they restock you can order it right away.