Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, woke up this morning, and still, no "VIN", ordered on Aug 7th Vancouver BC area, LR, White on black, no other options. It's the second time I reached that so called "two weeks" EDD window. The last time was last Sunday, and it was pushed to today Nov 26 - Dec 9. I know someone will say they are trying their best. But apparently, their EDD system needs to be fixed!!!! Just to remind you don't trust your EDD until you got your "VIN". I think I will be pushed back again today or tomorrow.
Sounds tough. I believe I've seen a few similar
my od is aug 14
they must have different configs
I don't think they are all different. If you look into the Sept order group, I believe there are quite a few orders being delivered and vins assigned. It may just have to do with geography or a combination thereof.
Good luck to you though. And keep an eye on the other groups on here. If you see many that look like your options, maybe reach out to an SA. Just to be sure nothing is out of place.

I just got a text with my assigned VIN (serial #321xxx). Now I'm not sure what to do. I originally planned on a January EDD to get the tax credit. Now with a VIN assigned, it is a really tough decision to pass on it with no idea when I'd likely get another. I also would have loved an Austin built MYLR, but who knows when those will start coming off the production line.

How long do you have to accept a VIN? I need to think this through.

Reactions: pgcoco
I just got a text with my assigned VIN (serial #321xxx). Now I'm not sure what to do. I originally planned on a January EDD to get the tax credit. Now with a VIN assigned, it is a really tough decision to pass on it with no idea when I'd likely get another. I also would have loved an Austin built MYLR, but who knows when those will start coming off the production line.

Congrats on getting a VIN. I know its a tough decision but I don't have an answer for you since I am looking for the same answer. Hopefully someone can guide us.

Congrats on the vin. We have similar serial. Two things I want to interject (pls correct if I’m incorrect). 1). Austin may share parts with Fremont factory. Shanghai gets newer parts (cpu, headlights) because probably sourcing is easier. Also Fremont and Austin can share parts to produce faster. 2) I work in a company with multiple factories. Typically takes a while to get new factory up to speed, and QC takes time. The first location has matured and one of the highest quality. Shanghai may be different since China’s environment for manufacturing is so mature. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Also no one is certain ev tax will pass. Be nice but will have to see. But I think getting Fremont car will be fine.

Reactions: DrGriz
Congrats on the vin. We have similar serial. Two things I want to interject (pls correct if I’m incorrect). 1). Austin may share parts with Fremont factory. Shanghai gets newer parts (cpu, headlights) because probably sourcing is easier. Also Fremont and Austin can share parts to produce faster. 2) I work in a company with multiple factories. Typically takes a while to get new factory up to speed, and QC takes time. The first location has matured and one of the highest quality. Shanghai may be different since China’s environment for manufacturing is so mature. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Also no one is certain ev tax will pass. Be nice but will have to see. But I think getting Fremont car will be fine.
Agreed. I'm not sure I would want a Texas car any time soon, Probably they won't be coming west anyway.

Okay, woke up this morning, and still, no "VIN", ordered on Aug 7th Vancouver BC area, LR, White on black, no other options. It's the second time I reached that so called "two weeks" EDD window. The last time was last Sunday, and it was pushed to today Nov 26 - Dec 9. I know someone will say they are trying their best. But apparently, their EDD system needs to be fixed!!!! Just to remind you don't trust your EDD until you got your "VIN". I think I will be pushed back again today or tomorrow.
As expected, my EDD got pushed again to Dec 12 - Dec 31! It’s even not a two weeks window anymore. Nice job Tesla!

Yeah looks like everyone got pushed back this morning.

The fun thing is for almost a month my EDD was stuck at Dec 24-Dec 31 but this morning It changed to Estimated Delivery: January 14 - February 11
Kinda like this EDD, maybe I can use the EV credit but then that said I am sure CA orders will be pushed for EOQ Rush.
My OD - 9/5, changed Color Red 9/8, Tow hitch, No FSD, Sacramento Area

The fun thing is for almost a month my EDD was stuck at Dec 24-Dec 31 but this morning It changed to Estimated Delivery: January 14 - February 11
Kinda like this EDD, maybe I can use the EV credit but then that said I am sure CA orders will be pushed for EOQ Rush.
Yup, mine got pushed yesterday morning too. Similar config as yours - Red MYLR, White, 5 seater, 19", FSD, no Tow.
It was 11/30-12/14. Now it is 12/10-12/31
Out of the 14 day window too :(

I was told that a bunch of people who delayed their order started taking delivery, so the EDD for other people was pushed back.

My EDD staying strong at Dec 17 - Dec 31, but wouldn't be surprised if something was to change before VIN is assigned. Not too far from you, Reno, NV

My EDD staying strong at Dec 17 - Dec 31, but wouldn't be surprised if something was to change before VIN is assigned. Not too far from you, Reno, NV
I think it only happens if you are close to/past your EDD. I got pushed twice when I reached the next day of my previous EDDs. It had been sitting there for months before it was pushed back. If you didn't get your VIN before your EDD, high chance you will see a pushback.

Based purely on review of Aug to October orders on these forums, it seems white orders receiving vins have trailed off last week, grey (sorry, MSM) seems to be getting vins, white Edds have started pushing out, along with blue Edds, and the few black orders I've seen have started having their EDDs moved up.
Maybe the next production run is Black? just anecdotal thoughts.

Based purely on review of Aug to October orders on these forums, it seems white orders receiving vins have trailed off last week, grey (sorry, MSM) seems to be getting vins, white Edds have started pushing out, along with blue Edds, and the few black orders I've seen have started having their EDDs moved up.
Maybe the next production run is Black? just anecdotal thoughts.
P.s. it may also just be me being hopeful.