Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang I feel like August orders are never going to get theirs 😢
Bay Area August orders especially.

Really exciting to see others get theirs, but now I know what it feels like when someone with your exact config that ordered two Months after you in middle America and already got their car.

With seemingly no typical EOQ push coming and Manchin seemingly killing BBB Act, I really just kind of want a car.

Day 135. Still showing next year.

In what world do you get out of line only to get back in line right where you were? Sorry but they should be placed in the back of the line.
I may get flack for this, but I hope the people that put their orders on hold get a nice push to April, and stop holding people like me who are ready to take now hostages

Last edited:
I got a Vin on Thursday (Dec 16) My EDD had stayed in Dec 17 to 31 for a couple weeks before it changed to Jan 24 to Feb 20 in the early December. My SA told me the expected delivery date was Feb 2. But all of the sudden, i got a vin and have scheduled for pick up on Dec 29 with my SA!

OD: 8/30, MYLR, black on black, 5 seats, Gemini tires, FSD with no tow.

I got a Vin on Thursday (Dec 16) My EDD had stayed in Dec 17 to 31 for a couple weeks before it changed to Jan 24 to Feb 20 in the early December. My SA told me the expected delivery date was Feb 2. But all of the sudden, i got a vin and have scheduled for pick up on Dec 29 with my SA!

OD: 8/30, MYLR, black on black, 5 seats, Gemini tires, FSD with no tow.
That must be one hell of a rollercoaster! Congrats man

In what world do you get out of line only to get back in line right where you were? Sorry but they should be placed in the back of the line.
I may get flack for this, but I hope the people that put their orders on hold get a nice push to April, and stop holding people like me who are ready to take now hostages

Just my theory but I bet it has to do with their logistics system re-routing certain cars due to location (cost more to ship across country to person ahead in line vs delivering locally to someone who's back in the line) and configuration.

Just my theory but I bet it has to do with their logistics system re-routing certain cars due to location (cost more to ship across country to person ahead in line vs delivering locally to someone who's back in the line) and configuration.
If it costs more to ship across country, then why are almost all states getting their cars faster than California? I have no idea how they prioritize.

Totally agree. I saw someone released their hold and was automatically paired with a EDD in like 3 days lol. Like wtf.
That has been my fear all along. I don't know that I would put those coming off hold at the back of the line, but they certainly shouldn't come back in at the front of the line. I know it is arbitrary as heck, but I think putting them back in line somewhere in the March-April timeframe seems fair to me.

The following is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a significant slowdown in both VINs and EDD changes for the next couple of weeks. My rationale is that in addition to the next two weeks containing a couple of holidays, if Austin really is getting ready to come online, the next couple of weeks might be a good time for retooling in Fremont so that the builds coming out of the two factories are comparable. I am not expecting any change in my Jan 20-Feb 17 EDD until at least January 2-3.

The following is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a significant slowdown in both VINs and EDD changes for the next couple of weeks. My rationale is that in addition to the next two weeks containing a couple of holidays, if Austin really is getting ready to come online, the next couple of weeks might be a good time for retooling in Fremont so that the builds coming out of the two factories are comparable. I am not expecting any change in my Jan 20-Feb 17 EDD until at least January 2-3.
I don’t think any major retooling until after Austin is online. From what I read, they will be making the new castings in Austin then shipping to Fremont. This will allow the dis-assemble then installation of the new gigapresses, with minimal downtime. I am sure as soon as Austin is online and shipping, they can update assembly line for the new castings. Replacement of the presses is the slow part, so the shipping from Austin should minimize the whole process

I just saw an "inventory" vehicle (3 miles, so really brand new)2022 MYLR in my exact config. I mean everything, exactly! But it's offered on the Tesla inventory site. 6k more than I will pay so I couldn't pull the trigger. But how...how is a brand new 2022, in anyone's exact spec (who is waiting for a vehicle) be offered as inventory, before being sent to the person waiting??

I just saw an "inventory" vehicle (3 miles, so really brand new)2022 MYLR in my exact config. I mean everything, exactly! But it's offered on the Tesla inventory site. 6k more than I will pay so I couldn't pull the trigger. But how...how is a brand new 2022, in anyone's exact spec (who is waiting for a vehicle) be offered as inventory, before being sent to the person waiting??
Same thing happened to me earlier today! My exact specs two hours away with less than 5 miles on the odometer. I called the 800 number to ask why aren’t those offered to those waiting and the guy smugly said “How do you know they weren’t”

🤦🏿‍♂️

It’s because they can charge more for those with todays pricing. Sucks