Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming delivery happens today without hitch, this is my EDD journey. Day 156 from order date, 154 from profile completion. Delivery exactly a day later after the end of the original EDD window. Basically Tesla almost stayed in the original estimated delivery window.

pubchart.png

I am going to make a wild guess both you and I get a delivery earlier than forecast. Reason? There were no deliveries in the first week of January and so when loading started on 7th onwards there was no waiting time cutting time by a couple of days. There is no snow here in MN this week and so I am hoping to get it early so I can install the accessories and learn to drive on the weekend. You on the other hand are doing interstate travel within hours of taking delivery. You are a pro man!
Haha thanks man, well technically a day after, I will not leave the same day on delivery and will give myself enough time before hitting the road, but you are spot on, Tesla confirmed that the car could arrive early, though not exactly when, today is the 18th, so that only leaves tomorrow and the 1/20, since time is of the essence for me, I hope it does show up earlier, got lots of stuff to do in the next 48 hours
it did snow a lot yesterday but it’s sunny today, so fingers crossed my dear truck driver, get here safe and soon!

Reactions: 45thParallel
Tesla seems to do batch production a lot for color, 5/7 seat etc. they also send a minimum number of vehicles to an area in a single trip. So someone in Minneapolis might get a White colored one ahead of someone in Milwaukee if they ar ending a full load to Minneapolis. So scheduling is a complex and optimized for production and delivery.
This is the most logical explanation I've seen! If true, it would explain a lot!

Reactions: 45thParallel
Tesla seems to do batch production a lot for color, 5/7 seat etc. they also send a minimum number of vehicles to an area in a single trip. So someone in Minneapolis might get a White colored one ahead of someone in Milwaukee if they ar ending a full load to Minneapolis. So scheduling is a complex and optimized for production and delivery.
What if … both our cars are on the same truck!!

• Funny
Reactions: BGOwner
What if … both our cars are on the same truck!!
I was strongly thinking the same. In fact I was thinking of requesting you to message me if you get your car early. Mine will be a day later than yours. There is just one more delivery of MYLR White in Minneapolis this week. So clearly the load is not full. I have sent cars to my son in the past to CA, and I know how they work. They do multiple drop offs and pickups along the way. It is never Point A to Point B.

Reactions: eric.freeman
I was strongly thinking the same. In fact I was thinking of requesting you to message me if you get your car early. Mine will be a day later than yours. There is just one more delivery of MYLR White in Minneapolis this week. So clearly the load is not full. I have sent cars to my son in the past to CA, and I know how they work. They do multiple drop offs and pickups along the way. It is never Point A to Point B.
I did see a couple of east coast cars planned for January, but you are right, I don’t think they delivered a lot this week, so it makes sense to send our cars with how close their production date was on the same truck, I guess if mine arrives earlier, it means you could score a day early delivery

@leaftoy how did the home delivery go?! Eagerly waiting to hear about it so I know what to expect on Thursday.
Really well. The delivery person drove into the driveway as instructed. He had a ride following him to get back. Before he left, had to compete a checklist then asked me to accepted delivery on the phone and waited until I had lock/unlock access (few minutes). I didn’t see any obvious fit and finish issues or any imperfections or smudges. It has V10 software with no way to update. And I don’t know yet how to verify that I have one year free connectivity as promised. Came with around 80% charge and 7 miles on odometer (assuming I know where the odometer is. I am reading the number from software settings screen). It couldn’t have been driven from the factory. They must have trucked it from factory to nearest service center which is few miles away and prepped it at the service center for delivery and driven from there.