Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! It looks great!

Your point about the charging parts got me to thinking. I've been putting off the order of my NEMA 14-50 adapter from Tesla. I went to the Tesla site and they are out of stock of that adapter. Anyone have experience to know how long these parts stay out of stock?

No idea but my rule of thumb is to get Tesla accessories when they become available/stocked, well before i actually need them. When i need them, no guarantees that they will be available. I ended up having Tesla accessories three months before i got my MYLR delivered. LoL.

Once again, my delivery has been pushed back.

Good news is that my service center called me this afternoon to let me know they got email confirmation that the new replacement trim piece is absolutely getting shipped out to the service center tomorrow (2/8), and I still should have my vehicle by the end of this week. Hoping it's before my Friday tint shop appointment.

Also learned today my build date is 1/24/22, and I got reassurance that my car has ACTUALLY been at my service center, collecting dust for the past few weeks.

If it's one thing I've realized over the past few weeks, it's to not put too much of your mental health into (most) material things (even if Tesla is holding your money ransom and constantly messing up your schedule), cuz it will ruin your joy and distract you from other important things in life.

Sucks that I'll have to slave away at work a few more days without knowing my new car is in my driveway, but it'll all work out! Tough problems we have as current, and soon-to-be Tesla owners.

HEY ALL, ME AGAIN!

Got another call from my service center this evening to let me know that the replacement part did not make it onto the delivery truck yesterday, and my delivery has been delayed a 6th time, to 2/12, and they're not even certain I'll get it by then. I must have really done somebody wrong to have had to gone through this rollercoaster of emotions these past few weeks. What in the actual f*ck.

I did finally receive some concessions, in the form of a $200 Tesla credit, but I'm sure having had to continue to pay for gas already has canceled some of that out.

Hope everyone who has their vehicle already is enjoying it!

HEY ALL, ME AGAIN!

Got another call from my service center this evening to let me know that the replacement part did not make it onto the delivery truck yesterday, and my delivery has been delayed a 6th time, to 2/12, and they're not even certain I'll get it by then. I must have really done somebody wrong to have had to gone through this rollercoaster of emotions these past few weeks. What in the actual f*ck.

I did finally receive some concessions, in the form of a $200 Tesla credit, but I'm sure having had to continue to pay for gas already has canceled some of that out.

Hope everyone who has their vehicle already is enjoying it!
Wtf! Does the car not drive? I just don't get why they wouldn't give you the car and put in a request to fix the issue! So so sorry you're dealing with this still.

Wtf! Does the car not drive? I just don't get why they wouldn't give you the car and put in a request to fix the issue! So so sorry you're dealing with this still.
Apparently, even though it’s an ‘easy fix’, the damage is a deep scratch to the trim, and the service team still cannot deem it appropriate for delivery (which is hilarious given how many issues people find after delivery anyways), so essentially it’s out of everyone’s control who I’ve talked to from the service center (store lead, SA, delivery manager).

I’m literally gonna have to go pick up this piece myself if I have to.

Apparently, even though it’s an ‘easy fix’, the damage is a deep scratch to the trim, and the service team still cannot deem it appropriate for delivery (which is hilarious given how many issues people find after delivery anyways), so essentially it’s out of everyone’s control who I’ve talked to from the service center (store lead, SA, delivery manager).

Man you might have better luck rejecting delivery, being unmatched and then getting a new VIN.

Man you might have better luck rejecting delivery, being unmatched and then getting a new VIN.
That idea was actually entertained, but me and the store lead agreed that the juice probably wouldn’t be worth the squeeze. Surely I would have to wait for the new car to get matched, and who’s to say that car wouldn’t get damaged in transit too? I also was not trying to go through the process of having to get another cashier’s check from DCU and contacting my insurance again….although I’m probably gonna call DCU anyways to let them know my current check isn’t lost and insurance to let them know my delivery has been pushed back yet again!

Is this what imminent death feels like?

Ehhhhh so frustrating! I've got my fingers crossed they get the part asap!

Reactions: kjudd11
Who's still waiting for their car with the following configuration? To take delivery at the Irvine CA/ Costa Mesa CA location.

OD 8/17 EDD 3/11-3/31
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot (No FSD)
Ohhh hell no!!! If i were u id think Elon is making it personal. Sucks

View attachment 766991
Hey Everyone!! Sorry its been a while... busy week at work and just life in general... Picked Light Fury up on the 5th.. No major flaws and came with AMD RYZEN!!

Not driving alot so nothing to say about that, but the inital drive was AMAZING ( charger hasnt arrived yet so dont wanna bring it really low)

Experience during pick up was really seemless. Went in and they told me my car was at lot 10... Went over the car and accepted delivery. There was some paperwork that took all of 5 minutes and i could drive off. Some minor issues came with the car such as; Coat hangers werent flush in the rear, and the passenger side tail light was protuding but it was "within spec" so i didnt really mind. Came with the old UI v10, but updated to v11 when i got home.

Ordered the Tesla Wall Charger and it should be arriving this week so waiting to install that.
Ordered all weather matts for the 9th, but the car came early so been using my old car ones for now.

Autopilot:

Ive been using the autopilot for 80% of my driving. Even tho i do not have the FSD... i use the basic one ALL the time.
Intially its scary, I drive closer to driver side lane, no justification just the way i drive. when i started using Autopilot, it would steer me into the centre of the lane and i would freak becasue I feel as if its too close to the curb. Getting used to it tho, and its REALLY GOOD. Ive might consider getting FSD because OH SO GOOD!!!
FSD is the greatest feature of tech in any car I have ever driven and it's why I am TESLA all the way, congratulations, we share the same trim except the interior, you will never get bored driving this car!

FSD is the greatest feature of tech in any car I have ever driven and it's why I am TESLA all the way, congratulations, we share the same trim except the interior, you will never get bored driving this car!
Having used FSD, would you have wished you paid for it upfront or are you still good with the subscription? I still have the option of getting it for $10K and have been on the fence about adding it.

Reactions: eric.freeman
All

Went to the Service center to fix some delivery build issues I discovered later, alignment issues on the frunk, couple of gaps on the fenders and found a major gap on the right side of the windshield, which caused ton of wind noise, and one of the panels on the driver's side was not setup right, and it almost came off today when we checked it out, Tesla said they need an extra day to fix the gaps and panels especially for the windshield, they gave me a M3 loaner which is fun to drive (but I prefer my MY haha)
The service center has been very helpful and open, will let you know how things go tomorrow

Having used FSD, would you have wished you paid for it upfront or are you still good with the subscription? I still have the option of getting it for $10K and have been on the fence about adding it.
Honestly, given my driving situation, FSD is perfect for roadtrips, on daily commute, and where I am (mostly city driving and less highway) it is not needed, I personally wouldn't buy the option outright, cause first, it will cost me less to subscribe if I keep the car for 4 years, which I may not honestly, plus losing FSD when you sell the car is kinda terrible, I know you are still going to sell it with FSD, but idk if it's worth the trouble
it just depends on your driving habits, I do mostly city with roadtrips every now and then, will only subscribe prior to it

Reactions: DrGriz
All

Went to the Service center to fix some delivery build issues I discovered later, alignment issues on the frunk, couple of gaps on the fenders and found a major gap on the right side of the windshield, which caused ton of wind noise, and one of the panels on the driver's side was not setup right, and it almost came off today when we checked it out, Tesla said they need an extra day to fix the gaps and panels especially for the windshield, they gave me a M3 loaner which is fun to drive (but I prefer my MY haha)
The service center has been very helpful and open, will let you know how things go tomorrow
How long has it been since you got the car to when you noticed the issues? Do you happen to know about how long we have to get these issues fixed if we don't spot them right away?

• Informative
Reactions: eric.freeman
Who's still waiting for their car with the following configuration? To take delivery at the Irvine CA/ Costa Mesa CA location.

OD 8/17 EDD 3/11-3/31
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot (No FSD)
I am. San Jose. White ext/ black int/ 19”/5 seater/no tow no fsd. EDD 3/20-3/31

OD 8/17 EDD 3/11-3/31
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot (No FSD)
Same configuration but in Chicago. Currently in June Jail and have been for a while