Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD8/31PC10/20MYLR5/19/wh/bl/no/no
After reading through a lot of posts, I’m starting to think there is some other reason then OD and PC or location delaying our cars. How many of you mentioned to SA that you didn’t want car too soon for one reason or another? Back when the tax credit looked like it still was a thing, I told SA I didn’t want my car until 2022. Did that have an effect? IDK?

After reading through a lot of posts, I’m starting to think there is some other reason then OD and PC or location delaying our cars. How many of you mentioned to SA that you didn’t want car too soon for one reason or another? Back when the tax credit looked like it still was a thing, I told SA I didn’t want my car until 2022. Did that have an effect? IDK?
Well this blows this theory out of the water below. Gets vin in a month then puts hold on car and still beats us by months. Unreal!

This (FSD) might be why I got my MYLR so quickly (white with tow package). I ordered Nov. 11 with original EDD of June. On Dec. 16 I was assigned a VIN and my SA called and wanted to deliver by Dec. 20. I put it on hold until Mar. 4 because I wasn’t ready and didn’t think it would come that soon. Feb. 20th I hit the “I’m ready” button and was assigned a VIN Feb. 21 and picked it up Feb. 23. I’m also in the Bay Area, so was always going to get a Fremont car. My first Tesla, but overall surprised at the speed Of delivery.

oh, and it’s awesome, BTW.

Well this blows this theory out of the water below. Gets vin in a month then puts hold on car and still beats us by months. Unreal!
Not really, FSD blows everything out of the water. He was going to get delivery back around Dec 16 then went on hold. When he came off, he was already at front of the line. So, got next available.

BTW, I walked into the SC when I ordered my car, EDD on website was already January. SA asked me when I wanted the car, I said January. (Had BBB in mind and think I said so.) Still waiting.

I will say that logistics plays a huge part in this. If you are in an out of the way place for Tesla (GB certainly counts, and so does Boise), you fall way down on the priority list. When we picked up our car I talked to our SA a little bit about this. Her observation was that things come in fits and starts.

Availability of truck drivers is huge. Boise will go a month without any (or at least very few) cars, and then get a big bolus like they just did this week.

In other words, it isn't necessarily about you or the details of your profile, although that certainly counts. Maybe the day they had a truck going to your DC there weren't any cars with your profile.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
I will say that logistics plays a huge part in this. If you are in an out of the way place for Tesla (GB certainly counts, and so does Boise), you fall way down on the priority list. When we picked up our car I talked to our SA a little bit about this. Her observation was that things come in fits and starts.

Availability of truck drivers is huge. Boise will go a month without any (or at least very few) cars, and then get a big bolus like they just did this week.

In other words, it isn't necessarily about you or the details of your profile, although that certainly counts. Maybe the day they had a truck going to your DC there weren't any cars with your profile.
Yes! And the same reason there’s usually a rush of California deliveries at EOQ.

Reactions: DrGriz
EDD changed to just “June 2022”. Sigh. I texted my SA to see if there’s any chance to get bumped up, because I’ll be 45 minutes away from the dealership in early April (as opposed to 4 hours away) and would love to be able to pick something up then…

Still waiting too. EDD has moved from March 2022 to December 2021 to June to March to April and today May. This sucks. I know this is a privileged problem. The constant change in expectations is the thing that irritating. We don’t need the car asap or anything, it’s more just…we see the car is coming in a few weeks, so we rush to get the charger installed at home, then it gets pushed five months…or we see the EDD sit in April for a long time, so low-key start plans for a road trip in April with the Tesla in mind. Then it inexplicably gets moved to May. I’m at a point where I’d prefer them to just guarantee me June and never move it.

I was thinking about this earlier. How about very busy DCs? Do you think this also slows it down so they can spread out deliveries to more DCs? That and the fact that they can only deliver so many at a time from a DC? I know (assume really) they don't ship to a DC without at least a full truckload, which may account for some in a smaller DC getting car earlier than others so that they can fill that truck.

Thinking of Telsa's logistics considerations sure gives you a headache.

Reactions: DrGriz
My EDD got pushed this morning now from April 23-May 21 to May 14-June 11. I am just so sad. Earlier it was the last two weeks of March. I have lost count on the number of times my EDD has changed.

OD 08/26, PC 10/20, white int/ black ext, 19”, no tow/fsd

Last week my EDD range went from 3/2-3/30 to 3/15-3/29. Based on what I've read - a tightening window is usually a good sign. This morning my edd range changed to 6/8-7/6!

I'm on perpetual hold with Tesla to see if I can get any actual information. I've been super patient to this point - but 10+ months is pretty absurd. Hoping all of these changes are due to a system glitch.

8/21 OD. Red/Black, 5 seat, 20" wheels, no fsd, no tow.

Reactions: Ashmad