Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just got off phone with Tesla call center. Trying to get info on why my August order has pushed out even further. He did tell me they made a change to calculations mid Feb to base it on order date not profile date, so profile issues shouldn’t push out EDD.

But still, he saw nothing wrong with my profile. I said I would assume if they changed it to be based on order date, it would have moved in, not out, as the 2 month delay in profile complete wouldn’t have an effect.

No real indication why my date is what it is, or if it will change and get any better, really no information other than the Info on change in calculation
Now I wonder if the added options, such as the white interior and induction wheels still give you an earlier date, after they made that February adjustment.

My OD is July 6, 2021 and I am in the June 2022 jail now ( Third week of May to 2d week of June ). I was on TBD for 6 months and only got into a June 2022 jail few weeks back. None of the theories discussed above have worked for me. Most of the July orders I have seen have been fulfilled. Customer service is unable to answer. They only yell at you when you call them. I am also a Tesla shareholder. I reached out to the Board of Directors on this too. A one year wait for a car with no explanation on how things are done is unacceptable for any company. This is a Tesla black hole for which there is no accountability at all. At my last call with the customer service rep, he politely asked me to cancel the order and "go away". It is pathetic!!!
You are kidding, did he really tell you that or was it more like, tough *sugar*, if you don't like it go away.

Wonder if posting on Twitter and tagging Elon would get you anything. Probably not but I have been tempted.

Reactions: DrGriz
My OD is July 6, 2021 and I am in the June 2022 jail now ( Third week of May to 2d week of June ). I was on TBD for 6 months and only got into a June 2022 jail few weeks back. None of the theories discussed above have worked for me. Most of the July orders I have seen have been fulfilled. Customer service is unable to answer. They only yell at you when you call them. I am also a Tesla shareholder. I reached out to the Board of Directors on this too. A one year wait for a car with no explanation on how things are done is unacceptable for any company. This is a Tesla black hole for which there is no accountability at all. At my last call with the customer service rep, he politely asked me to cancel the order and "go away". It is pathetic!!!
How much less is a July order than today's pricing? Wonder if they are actually hoping you cancel your order at this point cause it's a loss for them, but of course a computer wouldn't know that. What's you config?

Reactions: sacraM3nto
Meet Nikola (for Nikola Tesla). Home for one night before heading to the detailer for PPF and ceramic coating!

Attachments

• 20220307_163116.jpg
    20220307_163116.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220307_163128.jpg
    20220307_163128.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 46
How much less is a July order than today's pricing? Wonder if they are actually hoping you cancel your order at this point cause it's a loss for them, but of course a computer wouldn't know that. What's you config?
My config is not out of ordinary. MYLR Blue, 19" Gemini wheels, Tow, No FSD. The price difference may be $ 6K which is probably true for all orders till September I guess.

So just got off phone with Tesla call center. Trying to get info on why my August order has pushed out even further. He did tell me they made a change to calculations mid Feb to base it on order date not profile date, so profile issues shouldn’t push out EDD.

But still, he saw nothing wrong with my profile. I said I would assume if they changed it to be based on order date, it would have moved in, not out, as the 2 month delay in profile complete wouldn’t have an effect.

No real indication why my date is what it is, or if it will change and get any better, really no information other than the Info on change in calculation

We have almost the exact same OD, PD, and even the same changes/sequence of EDD.

Hope they really meant it, calculating based on OD not PD.

Hope you get your VIN soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: BGOwner
I really wonder if these will pull back in some after Austin starts to ship. Hopefully west coasters also, as some cars will be pulled out of the Fremont queue.
That would be logical normally, unless factory capacity isn't the limiting factor, and I'm starting to think that's the case at the moment. If it's not factory capacity, is it some sub-component that's the limiting factor?

Dropped my Model Y off for the 2nd time at service today. Should have it back by tomorrow - first time I received Uber credit, this time, a 2017 Model S. Unfortunately, it's limited to acceleration at 85 MPH, the sound system is shot, and I'm missing a whole lot of features from the 2022 MY. Other than that, no complaints 😅
0-3.jpg

Never. The only thing I can think of is the financing piece which I was told by several advisors not to complete until I had a VIN assigned because of the runs on the credit. Was also told that had no impact on my delivery.
Interesting. My OD was 8/25 (white on white with Gemini wheels and no FSD or tow). I got a VIN with Intel chip in January, which I rejected and now I am in the late March EDD window. My SA had told me messing with financing before getting a VIN could delay delivery. Maybe that is why.