Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications And Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text today to setup a delivery appointment in Atlanta. Still haven't received a VIN which seems weird considering I have a delivery setup for September 12th. Hopefully it pops up in a couple of days.
I got the VIN via a text message on 8/30 (ordered LR+ on 7/9), with a link to set up my delivery date for 9/21-22. The VIN has still not appeared in my account - the only place I see it is in the text message.

Is anyone more interested in the rumors about a refreshed design for the X which could happen on battery day? I am guessing any battery technology that could be implemented in the near future is likely incremental and not transformative for at least a few years. A refreshed interior/exterior could be more immediate if rumors have any truth to them?

I am, I am so ready to buy but I was told my several Tesla people to wait. So wither or not any things happens with the X range I would rather be safe than sorry because clearly no one knows.

What I do know, if Tesla doesn't announce a bunch of new stuff the stock is going to tank.

• Disagree
Reactions: apfleisc
Spoke to SC where I will pick mine up, they told me it could be this week for me to pickup even though I haven't received any text messages or not any updates in my tesla account.
He also told me once my X arrives, I will receive a text for pickup.

I am in NJ and the following has been my schedule:

Jul 20 - Order placed (X LR+)
Aug 10 - Text saying "4 - 7 weeks"
Aug 25 - Text saying "2 - 4 weeks"
Sept 6 - Text saying "Model X on its way ... click link to schedule delivery"
Sept 22 - Scheduled delivery (earliest date available on above link"

Reactions: apfleisc
I am in NJ and the following has been my schedule:

Jul 20 - Order placed (X LR+)
Aug 10 - Text saying "4 - 7 weeks"
Aug 25 - Text saying "2 - 4 weeks"
Sept 6 - Text saying "Model X on its way ... click link to schedule delivery"
Sept 22 - Scheduled delivery (earliest date available on above link"

Wow I have had nothing like that kind of service!

Mine goes like this.

June 2020 ordered online Model X LR
August 2020 Vin supplied after ringing Tesla
September 2020 Ring Tesla 5 times get different answers, but all mention delivery before end of September.

Are you kind of excited that your collection day is actually Battery day?!

I’m scheduled to take delivery on Tuesday, Sept 8th. So stoked!!! For reference I’m in Indiana and I placed my order on August 19th.
Oops, I guess I got overly excited but my delivery date is not scheduled until a week later on Tuesday, Sept 15th. Earliest possible date when Tesla texted me to pick my delivery date on Friday, Sept 4th.