Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Model 3 2021 Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few sizeable changes on the Model 3 configurator today:
- White interior now available as an option on all variants (previously just Performance only)
- SR+ can be optioned with the 19" wheels
- Door cards now have the dash-trim on them
- As the USA website still does not have the dash trim on the doors and Tesla China is the only known factory doing this trim option, I suspect this means we're now going to be receiving vehicles from China.

Omg. What to do. I have a original reservation for a model 3 , but when standard range did not get white seats i pulled out. Lately I have been thinking of waiting for a model y. Now this i could order a Standard range white seats be here in about 3 months.
There is a surprising amount of luggage space in the 3, although the opening into the boot is a bit restricted compared to a hatch.

The heat pump effect on range won't really matter much to the Australian market i'm guessing due to our climate being much warmer, we don't normally get any snow outside of the alpine areas.

I read that while the heat pump is significantly more efficient for heating, it’s less efficient than the previous system in cooling mode.

I guess it boils down to what you use more. Result will be different is various parts of Australia.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Can confirm I'm one of these people. Ordered a Model 3 P in November, called today and told May/June. Devastated as I was counting down the days to March.

Was offered a switch to LR with March delivery. Sales guy promised that they're going to do the right thing by customers so I have to assume this means a price drop or added features, improved battery... or something along those lines. Performance model customers I imagine would be the biggest advocates for the product so I find it hard to believe they'd screw us.

Given no factories in the world are producing them right now I'm a bit miffed that they waited this long to tell anyone. They must have known this was going to happen for months at least.

Would love to hear any insights or speculations.