Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Model Y - April/May Orders (May-Jun Delivery) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 934663
Not showing EDD this morning on Tesla app and find the TBD (prepared for delivery), VIN and registration in QLD on my Tesla account :)

But haven’t seen any text messages from Tesla yet!

Order date 06 April 2023
Tesla MY LR
that's strange, you are getting this quickly, I also have the same with a VIN appearing on My tesla account as well as for a few others. But I ordered all the way back on 13/11/23. I ordered an MY RWD black interior and white exterior with 19" wheels.

I really hope this is not another Glitch.

that's strange, you are getting this quickly, I also have the same with a VIN appearing on My tesla account as well as for a few others. But I ordered all the way back on 13/11/23. I ordered an MY RWD black interior and white exterior with 19" wheels.

I really hope this is not another Glitch.
Where exactly is the VIN showing up - I just want to make sure I know where to look for it.

Some positive movement today.

EDD shifted to "TBC" and I received an email & SMS "Vehicle Assigned".

MY RWD MSM, Black interior, Gemini in Sydney.
Order date 20/02.
Wao closer one , but mine is a different configuration and hence should not be that excited. But what I read somewhere, all the Melbourne deliveries are also offloaded in Sydney and are being delivered by road from Sydney to Melbourne.

Order date and configure along with location
13/11/2022 Melbourne, black interior and white paint, 19" wheels. VIN received on the 5/5/23.
Wao closer one , but mine is a different configuration and hence should not be that excited. But what I read somewhere, all the Melbourne deliveries are also offloaded in Sydney and are being delivered by road from Sydney to Melbourne.
Yes, some vehicles are being offloaded from Sydney and transported to melb by truck or train, but this will probably be a small percentage of orders, and probably from mid/late 2022.
Any idea in general when all are atheists shipments arriving in Sydney/ Melbourne. And roughly how many days after the shipment or offloading a vin is assigned
For Melbourne these are the Ships arriving in May June:
Turandot arriving on the 9/5 and
morning cherry - 1/6
Viking pagila - 9/6

The VIN can be assigned before the ship departs, but i also think it can be assigned throughout the ships journey(I'm not to sure). But its better to check the build date available on the final invoice, to better predict which ship the car may be on.
But you can check RAV to see if it is acknowledged by the Australian government that the car will arrive. and if it comes up on RAV, your car will probably delivered soon from 2-6 weeks.

13/11/2022 Melbourne, black interior and white paint, 19" wheels. VIN received on the 5/5/23.

Yes, some vehicles are being offloaded from Sydney and transported to melb by truck or train, but this will probably be a small percentage of orders, and probably from mid/late 2022.

For Melbourne these are the Ships arriving in May June:
Turandot arriving on the 9/5 and
morning cherry - 1/6
Viking pagila - 9/6

The VIN can be assigned before the ship departs, but i also think it can be assigned throughout the ships journey(I'm not to sure). But its better to check the build date available on the final invoice, to better predict which ship the car may be on.
But you can check RAV to see if it is acknowledged by the Australian government that the car will arrive. and if it comes up on RAV, your car will probably delivered soon from 2-6 weeks.
Thanks @bean2006 , since my OD is late Feb , I am not sure when will I get the VIN but it it would have been on 9/5 I would have got it by now, hence the earliest I can think of is 1/6 and not sure how many days before we can expect the vin allocation but either way does it mean that I will net be getting a delivery in May - mid June sine my id is 26/02

• Love
Reactions: bean2006
A68F92E3-3D01-4531-8F4D-9AB89DE461D6.jpeg

Brisbane :)

Some positive movement today.

EDD shifted to "TBC" and I received an email & SMS "Vehicle Assigned".

MY RWD MSM, Black interior, Gemini in Sydney.
Order date 20/02.
For those wanting to compare - the latest update on my journey so far:

Event DateEstimated Delivery DateComments
20/02/2023Apr - JunDate order placed
02/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16Temporary glitch. Went back to "Apr - Jun" an hour later
05/05/2023TBDHidden VIN found with Chrome Extension
08/05/2023 (today)May 26 - Jun 16No rego or invoice details. No trade in being requested.

02/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16Temporary glitch. Went back to "Apr - Jun" an hour later
08/05/2023 (today)May 26 - Jun 16No rego or invoice details. No trade in being requested.
exact same thing with me but my edd was feb-may my od was 13/11/22

Is it in Melbourne , this happens to be the latest one from Feb if I am not wrong but if you are outside vic , I can say the latest od addressed by Tesla is 30/01 only