Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y AWD Standard Ordered April-May 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR Y, MSM exterior, Black interior, Gemini wheels
Ordered: May 31st
EDD1: June-July
VIN assigned June 2
EDD 2 (June 2): June 14-20
EDD 3 (May 6th): June 9-18
Burbank, California.

No trade in. Still waiting on confirmed delivery date.
Update - delivered to my home today, really easy process (although would have been nice for charge to be above 50%!) No quality issues that I can identify yet.

Reactions: bgregory37
Picked her up yesterday literally as she came off the truck. Told them I'd clean it myself so got it two days early. All purchased aftermarket accessories fit well including caliber covers and swivel screen mount. Off to tint, ceramic coating, and PPF today!
1000005825.jpg

Picked her up yesterday literally as she came off the truck. Told them I'd clean it myself so got it two days early. All purchased aftermarket accessories fit well including caliber covers and swivel screen mount. Off to tint, ceramic coating, and PPF today!
View attachment 947866
Looks great....we still don't have a VIN. Looking forward to more updates and more pictures. Congrats!

Looks Great! How is the new tint looking with the white interior? I noticed with black you can barely see inside, but the white shows even with the tint. What percentage did you choose for tint?
I did 15% all around and 55% for the roof and windshield. You can see it a bit from the front sides during the day and fine from the windshield. It looks really good on the inside and keeps it feeling light even with the dark tint.

I did 15% all around and 55% for the roof and windshield. You can see it a bit from the front sides during the day and fine from the windshield. It looks really good on the inside and keeps it feeling light even with the dark tint.
Do you know what the roof and rear windshield come at factory? I know the rear comes at 20% from what I've heard. I'm considering just matching the front with the rest of the vehicle. Never thought about the roof lol.

Do you know what the roof and rear windshield come at factory? I know the rear comes at 20% from what I've heard. I'm considering just matching the front with the rest of the vehicle. Never thought about the roof lol.
The back windows and liftgate windows are not tinted. This is a dyed glass. The difference is - that this glass don't create protection agains UV and Infrared rays. It blocks some UV but not Infrared. The roof glass has a special coating which blocks the UV and IR very well, so it does not have much sense to tint it extra. If to notice slight improvement during the summer, buy the cloth sunshade from Tesla or from Amazon. For me it helps in Texas.

So for windows, I tinted with ceramic at 70% windshield, liftgate window and rear windows. And with 30% diver and passenger windows. And having about a tint match for the darkness of the front and rear windows.