Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Q3 (Jul - Sep) MY Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the citi rewards card. Has a 14 months 0% purchase rate offer at the moment. I confirmed the credit card surcharge with Tesla. It's 1.3% for Visa and Mastercard, and 1.7% for Amex. That's a lot lower than the available interest rates for EV loans at present.
Thank you for sharing. That sounds like a fantastic offer! 🤩 However, does the card come with such a high credit limit?

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. That sounds like a fantastic offer! 🤩 However, does the card come with such a high credit limit?
Got approved for 66k credit limit. But, the original plan for us is my wife also takes out another 0% purchase rate offer and split the payment between the 2 cards. It's a lot easier to balance transfer those into another card(with 0% BT offer) in the future.

OD: 06Aug23
VIN:
Expected delivery: Jul-Sep?

I haven’t been assigned any VIN yet and the paramatta tesla said it would take 4 weeks from VIN being assigned.
It seems that it’ll slip Sep month but agency’s recent email is still confirming Mid-End of Sep :/

Any help / feedback pls ?
I couldn’t find any related info except for this forum.
Ps: I’m new and really appreciate any help here.

OD: 06Aug23
VIN:
Expected delivery: Jul-Sep?

I haven’t been assigned any VIN yet and the paramatta tesla said it would take 4 weeks from VIN being assigned.
It seems that it’ll slip Sep month but agency’s recent email is still confirming Mid-End of Sep :/

Any help / feedback pls ?
I couldn’t find any related info except for this forum.
Ps: I’m new and really appreciate any help here.
Have you checked the hidden vin ?
If not get the plug-in for hidden vin, if can give you a sort of info where is your car atm, there are few ships coming in near future may your one in in one of them

Have you checked the hidden vin ?
If not get the plug-in for hidden vin, if can give you a sort of info where is your car atm, there are few ships coming in near future may your one in in one of them
Thanks and yeah I have used the plug-in for hidden VIN. I got to know about it through this forum.
There isn’t any hidden VIN :/

If I don’t have the hidden VIN then it means my car isn’t in the upcoming ships right?

Thanks and yeah I have used the plug-in for hidden VIN. I got to know about it through this forum.
There isn’t any hidden VIN :/

If I don’t have the hidden VIN then it means my car isn’t in the upcoming ships right?
Have you got anything outstanding in your account? Trade in awaiting valuation? Incomplete registration or any other area that isn't complete? If so, these will "hide" even more than "hidden" any VIN you might have been allocated.

As soon as my trade-in valuation was complete, I had a VIN, and it turns out the car was already most of the way here (Glovis Caravel).

Have you got anything outstanding in your account? Trade in awaiting valuation? Incomplete registration or any other area that isn't complete? If so, these will "hide" even more than "hidden" any VIN you might have been allocated.

As soon as my trade-in valuation was complete, I had a VIN, and it turns out the car was already most of the way here (Glovis Caravel).
Interesting, that’s good to know !
I don’t have anything pending. There was a trade-in initially but then I sold my car and cancelled it.
So there is a chance that VIN is not assigned but still car is shipped!
There are almost 700 MY being delivered in Sept!

New orders are pushed to Sep-Nov (which is a good sign for my order)

Interesting, that’s good to know !
I don’t have anything pending. There was a trade-in initially but then I sold my car and cancelled it.
So there is a chance that VIN is not assigned but still car is shipped!
There are almost 700 MY being delivered in Sept!

New orders are pushed to Sep-Nov (which is a good sign for my order)
Highly doubt it. when we ordered it our MY we had EDD Jun-Aug and we got pushed back extra month, given the nature of the way the cars are made in blocks. I got pushed into the next batch and in with a chunk of people that ordered in July.

Just gotta be patient and wait. The period your in now is the longest as its just simply the process of waiting for the car to be made, soon enough youll be asked for rego details, final invoice etc.
I ordered back in June and our car is in Aus and expecting delivery within the next 2-4 weeks.

Highly doubt it. when we ordered it our MY we had EDD Jun-Aug and we got pushed back extra month, given the nature of the way the cars are made in blocks. I got pushed into the next batch and in with a chunk of people that ordered in July.

Just gotta be patient and wait. The period your in now is the longest as its just simply the process of waiting for the car to be made, soon enough youll be asked for rego details, final invoice etc.
I ordered back in June and our car is in Aus and expecting delivery within the next 2-4 weeks.
I was told that Q2 was tougher compared to current situation, and so was Q1 compared to Q2.
Things are apparently getting better in terms of delivery.
I’m still hoping to get it in Australia by Sep :)

I was told that Q2 was tougher compared to current situation, and so was Q1 compared to Q2.
Things are apparently getting better in terms of delivery.
I’m still hoping to get it in Australia by Sep :)
Definately. My uncle bought a M3 few years back and had to wait around 9-12 months to get it, so a 3 month wait is nothing tbh and honestly given the state of the car market, the compelling price vs petrol cars/hybrids, the Tesla offering is very compelling.

My inlaws recently purchased a corolla cross hybrid and they ordered it 12 months ago and only recently received it.

Definately. My uncle bought a M3 few years back and had to wait around 9-12 months to get it, so a 3 month wait is nothing tbh and honestly given the state of the car market, the compelling price vs petrol cars/hybrids, the Tesla offering is very compelling.

My inlaws recently purchased a corolla cross hybrid and they ordered it 12 months ago and only recently received it.
Nice

If you see the other thread of Australia Waiting Room Australian Model Y Waiting Room

You’ll see people ordered in Aug and already got the delivery date range.

I posted in the waiting room, but thought I might add here too, since I ordered in August.

Spec: MY RWD, Black, Black interior, 19” Gemini wheels
Ordered: 3-Aug-2023
Vin allocated / final invoice: 17 August
Build Date: 15/07/2023
RAV date of entry: 14 August
EDD: 8-29 September (had this date range immediately post order)
EDD2: 30 September - 21 October (updated on 5 September)

Interestingly, the Tesla rep called me about 2 weeks after placing the order and said a lot of people get stuck in a catch 22. The final invoice (and sometimes VIN) wont be generated/allocated until the Payment Method/Finance section is finalised, but banks often require the final invoice to finalise financing. I hadn’t filled out the Payment Method section in the checklist because it asks for “The exact amount approved by your finance company” and I was still waiting on approval. He asked how much finance I had applied for, entered that in manually and said it could be changed later if needed. I had my VIN and final invoice the following day.