Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took about an hour to do the job. I did have all the correct tools needed & am quite comfortable fitting stuff to cars including Teslas.
This was not a job for the faint hearted or for someone that has no car accessory installing experience though!
How well do the indicators work with these stalks? I went with Tes Studios which seen to be the same manufacturer, but the indicators are duds. Sometimes taking 5 goes before the indicators work. The gear shift is great. No reply from Tes Studios on solutions. Might have to return them. What a bugger having to uninstall and return.

Attachments

• IMG_20240620_093231_998.jpg
    IMG_20240620_093231_998.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Brando_o and dronus
Our Highland with the indicators & gear selector stalks back where they belong.
Works together with SmartShift, the touchscreen gear selector & the stupid buttons.View attachment 1057130
Definitely necessary for me. The number of near misses while figuring out which stupid button to press while steering is 180° calls for a priority fix. An idiotic design flaw in an otherwise perfect ride. Tes Studios version were duds. I'm hanging for the S3XY Stalks for the Highlander.

Definitely necessary for me. The number of near misses while figuring out which stupid button to press while steering is 180° calls for a priority fix. An idiotic design flaw in an otherwise perfect ride. Tes Studios version were duds. I'm hanging for the S3XY Stalks for the Highlander.
How long have you been using the buttons? I started off thinking that I would grab after-market indicator stalks as soon as available having several decades of muscle memory with stalks (just having to switch from left hand to right hand as I changed cars). Now, after 3 months, I wouldn't add them if installed by Tesla for free.

Reactions: Brando_o
How long have you been using the buttons? I started off thinking that I would grab after-market indicator stalks as soon as available having several decades of muscle memory with stalks (just having to switch from left hand to right hand as I changed cars). Now, after 3 months, I wouldn't add them if installed by Tesla for free.
A month which is enough time for me to know I will never get used to split second operation of turn signal buttons while the wheel is upside down and other vehicles are oncoming. I live in Sydney where drivers are often aggressive and ruthless.

A month which is enough time for me to know I will never get used to split second operation of turn signal buttons while the wheel is upside down and other vehicles are oncoming. I live in Sydney where drivers are often aggressive and ruthless.
Are you trying to only use one hand or something?

I just grab the wheel with my other hand as it turns so I have either thumb over the buttons at any time, from there it's muscle memory which button is left or right for either thumb, don't even have to think about it.

After 5 minutes it was every bit as easy as stalks (even in busy Sydney traffic, roundabouts etc) after a week or two it feels much better than stalks.

See if this video helps, this was 2 days after getting the car, probably had 1 or 2 hours total driving time at this point. My technique has improved since then and I find it much better than I did in this video-

Reactions: dronus
In Adelaide no one looks at your indicators so most of the time people dont use them. If its a matter of split seconds the indicator isnt going to help anyway.

I was thinking about this earlier, and TBH i dont even think about it while driving anymore. There are a couple of roundabouts where its especially important to let others know if you are continuing or exiting and i find the button fine with either hand, where ever the wheel is.

I disagree it is an idiotic design, many high end cars have their indicators on the wheel , it just takes a little bit of acceptance and practice. I hope the aftermarket ones you buy get their issues sorted out so you can enjoy driving the car again soon!

Reactions: Jules22
How well do the indicators work with these stalks? I went with Tes Studios which seen to be the same manufacturer, but the indicators are duds. Sometimes taking 5 goes before the indicators work. The gear shift is great. No reply from Tes Studios on solutions. Might have to return them. What a bugger having to uninstall and return.
Ohh you have a yoke? Hmm yeah that probably changes things! Sorry, i didnt look at the photo!

They do look good! Tempted now.

Was there any trick to fitting them?
One end doesn’t have a tab. Slide the cover on to the pedal until the pedal sits inside that bit then use the tabs to pull the last bit on. Once it’s on it’s not going anywhere.

It took all of a couple of mins to work out and do.

The stock accelerator pedal is just plastic, I’m suprised it doesn’t have a rubber cover by default.

• Informative
Reactions: Jules22
I also just ordered few useful items from this seller on ali express:

1. Making use of rear space for kiddos- storage/junk/rubbish with magnetic lid
1719283950351.png

2. Front glovebox foldable bag hooks, useful for when I carry bags of groceries, or hook a small umbrella when needed
1719284038351.png

hey mate question about these - interested but worried could get nicked/stolen if parked somewhere - is there secure measures so if car is locked mirrors are folded in they cant be removed?
It’ll take a fair bit of effort if someone wanted to try to take them. They’re stuck on really well with the included vhb automotive tape.

I just tried taking them off, you’ll probably break the actual mirror.

Reactions: Mes1
It’ll take a fair bit of effort if someone wanted to try to take them. They’re stuck on really well with the included vhb automotive tape.

I just tried taking them off, you’ll probably break the actual mirror.
Awesome haha I emailed them they said the same thing. Really wanna get em thinking would look great something different.

We're they east foe you to install, ie take long?

If anyone is interested I set the 3d printer up to print some AirPod charging cradles so you can charge your AirPods with the m3 wireless charger.
I’ll post some pics tomorrow when they are done.

This was one of them

Reactions: Jules22 and muddie