Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably more of a concern to those of us "lucky" enough to have got cars already, I don't know how this affects Insurance, but I do know that there are insurance companies in Australia who will not insure anything that has less than a 4 start ANCAP rating. What happens when a car is insured already because it had 5 stars but then loses them all?

To be honest I am too scared of the reply to even ask ask my insurance company...
Best to avoid asking but also don’t have a bingle

This is probably more of a concern to those of us "lucky" enough to have got cars already, I don't know how this affects Insurance, but I do know that there are insurance companies in Australia who will not insure anything that has less than a 4 star ANCAP rating. What happens when a car is insured already because it had 5 stars but then loses them all?

To be honest I am too scared of the reply to even ask ask my insurance company...
I’d be hard copy printing the ancap rating that you relied upon to make your purchase from the website. This should all work out but if it does not you will need some materials to demand a refund for an uninsurable car

I was a little excited to post this earlier on, but understandably everything is a bit of a bummer around here at the moment.

However, I saw my first new Model 3 today other than mine, sat next to me at traffic lights. Was a white one, with a very Teslary number plate. Driver didn't notice me at all, which was a tad annoying. First one I have seen on the road.

Reactions: dronus
This is probably more of a concern to those of us "lucky" enough to have got cars already, I don't know how this affects Insurance, but I do know that there are insurance companies in Australia who will not insure anything that has less than a 4 star ANCAP rating. What happens when a car is insured already because it had 5 stars but then loses them all?

Uber also requires a 5 star ANCAP rating.

Reactions: Murphster

If they were half professional they would see it for what it is. It doesnt affect the saftey of the vehicle (unless you put a kid seat in there and dont strap it down), and there us active remediation underway.
Then again these says people order hot coffee and then sue the coffee place when they spill it on themselves so who knows..,

If they were half professional they would see it for what it is. It doesnt affect the saftey of the vehicle (unless you put a kid seat in there and dont strap it down), and there us active remediation underway.
Then again these says people order hot coffee and then sue the coffee place when they spill it on themselves so who knows..,
I dont think insurers can withdraw active insurance, and I would have thought this would be easily resolved within 11 months. Tesla will have several ship loads of cars gathering dust in a leased space and unable to take income, so strong incentive.

I dont think insurers can withdraw active insurance, and I would have thought this would be easily resolved within 11 months. Tesla will have several ship loads of cars gathering dust in a leased space and unable to take income, so strong incentive.
I'm sure they could void insurance if you make illegal modifications that leave your can non ADR compliant.

As to what happens when a car becomes (or always was?) noncompliant due to their own incompetence - you'd hope they wouldn't void or cancel your insurance provided you got the recall sorted ASAP....

Maybe some OG BYD Atto 3 owners have real life experience?

Reactions: Murphster
I tend to find that BYD Atto 3 owners absolutely hate cars and wouldn't be seen dead hanging around a car forum.
hahah i was (this) close to getting an atto 3

thank FK i didn't!

test drove one, thought might save some money, but yeh woulda hated life if i got it

glad i went weith the M3 highland!

Atto 3 was like driving a raised up FWD camry, drove like crap, the brakes were rubbish felt like hauling a fat boat, and from the rear looks like it has love handles since it slims down to skinny tyres,

tech inside was cool, nice quirky features and interior, pano roof with slider android auto and comfy front and rear seats but, thats about it

I'm sure they could void insurance if you make illegal modifications that leave your can non ADR compliant.

As to what happens when a car becomes (or always was?) noncompliant due to their own incompetence - you'd hope they wouldn't void or cancel your insurance provided you got the recall sorted ASAP....

Maybe some OG BYD Atto 3 owners have real life experience?
Yes but void insurance on a non-compliant car is the point that accc would have to step in and give tesla the option to remedy (insure the cars themself) or refund, assuming rectification is not available…which presumably it will be very soon

Who needs brakes if you can't cram 3 car seats into a small sedan. Get your priorities right!

In the car that our street shared when I was young it was down to the kid in the middle seat who had to put their foot through the hole in the floor to stop the car. That was usually the boy two doors down that ended up with the nickname Stumpy in high school.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
In the car that our street shared when I was young it was down to the kid in the middle seat who had to put their foot through the hole in the floor to stop the car. That was usually the boy two doors down that ended up with the nickname Stumpy in high school.
We used to ride in a 6x4 trailer from our house in mcgregor to the landscape place, not a single top tether in sight.
Not condoning such activity but im still here 40 years later haha