Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a perfectly normal approach and I’d suggest most new ev owners would do the same. Once the range concerns etc fade, you’ll work out the best charging pattern for your needs. A relative of mine uses a 240v gpo charger on his mg, so he has no choice but to plug in every night.
Yeah im completely new to this and none of my friends have EVs so there will be a novelty factor for a while. Being on leave for a while will probably mean ill be doing some extra drives too.
Do you do anything in the way of “preparing” your car to go for a drive? Or just get in and go? Like for unplanned drives.
Probably sounds like a complete n00b question, but its all new to me :)

Yeah im completely new to this and none of my friends have EVs so there will be a novelty factor for a while. Being on leave for a while will probably mean ill be doing some extra drives too.
Do you do anything in the way of “preparing” your car to go for a drive? Or just get in and go? Like for unplanned drives.
Probably sounds like a complete n00b question, but its all new to me :)
noob questions are fine. I just get in and drive, but if I know I have a big day of driving I’ll throw some power in first. My first tesla I had major range anxiety. Adelaide at that time had zero public charging, so I installed a charger at home and another in my office 14km away and another at burnside village 8km from that…all just in case. I look back now and realise it was way OTT, but I suspect most ev owners have similar initial reactions In their learning.
But keep checking your tyre air pressures. Teslas eat air.

noob questions are fine. I just get in and drive, but if I know I have a big day of driving I’ll throw some power in first. My first tesla I had major range anxiety. Adelaide at that time had zero public charging, so I installed a charger at home and another in my office 14km away and another at burnside village 8km from that…all just in case. I look back now and realise it was way OTT, but I suspect most ev owners have similar initial reactions In their learning.
Cool thanks, yes ive been reading back into your historic posts, we should be thanking you for your EV pioneering here in Adelaide!

Reactions: MacTessy
I got sold a package of "Free" nitrogen inflation when I replaced my Tyres a few sets back. Of course, now they do it as standard when I get new Tyres and charge for it but I notice that they lose less air when they do that, but that might be in my head. Just a suggestion. 🤷‍♂️

I got sold a package of "Free" nitrogen inflation when I replaced my Tyres a few sets back. Of course, now they do it as standard when I get new Tyres and charge for it but I notice that they lose less air when they do that, but that might be in my head. Just a suggestion. 🤷‍♂️
Interesting. I’ll look into that.
But an observation, my eqe is heavier than the model s and has lost no air in 6 months. The model S had its 2nd topup today in the same timeframe. It can only be either the tyres or wheels, and when I had two model s they had different tyre brands.

Last edited:
Reactions: dronus
Finally got the holiday software update - can confirm you can change the door lock chime - I have Windows shutdown on the USB.

I can also confirm we have heat mapping- seems a little bit ineffective (though I haven't really given it a good test yet - just car parks at the shops and parking in the garage), but i am sure updates will improve it.

Am yet to find out where the "Waze"-like changes are to navigation. May be hidden somewhere or we haven't received that in Australia.

I dont really use spotify so ill try the inbuilt apple music, or worse case scenario bluetooth from phone etc. i listen to some podcasts (try and use windscreen time to learn something) so will have to work that out too.
The car can create it's own ad-free Spotify account for use in the car (might just be with premium connectivity? It's unclear) so even if you don't use Spotify anywhere else, it's still good as a play-this-album-now solution in the Tesla.

Reactions: paulp and dronus
The car can create it's own ad-free Spotify account for use in the car (might just be with premium connectivity? It's unclear) so even if you don't use Spotify anywhere else, it's still good as a play-this-album-now solution in the Tesla.
Ohh cool i didnt know that! Thanks! Yep ill be continuing premium connectivity so ill try that out!