Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of things I noticed today, on EAP was trying some lane changes and it wasn't making me 'tug' the wheel like it was when I was doing it in the old Tesla (back in October, so several versions ago). This and using the indicator buttons rather than stalk made changing lanes SO much better.

The other cool thing I noticed, which I didn't see the older M3 do, when I change lanes into a turn lane, the auto indicator cancel seems to recognise the fact it's a turning lane (displays the turn arrow in the visualisation) and keeps the indicator going until you make the turn. I had auto cancel off most of the time I was driving the 2020 M3 as there were a few times where it wasn't quite accurate, but I'm pretty sure even when I had it on, it never did that (could be wrong). I've found the auto indicator has worked perfectly so far, just occasionaly on a small roundabout it takes a little longer than I'd like. to cancel the left indicator after exit.
I thought i noticed something similar last night but with only hours in the seat i didnt know how it was supposed to work. I found it fascinating that when indicating the car knew when i had changed lanes and auto cancelled when i had finished.
In a normal car its 3 flashes or on until you cancel.
I was getting a few warnings saying my right camera was obscured, but the message went away. Not sure what that was about.
Havent driven the car today, its been in the shed getting accessories and ive been drilling down into the settings.
Did a lightshow, that was cool.

Reactions: Jules22
I found it fascinating that when indicating the car knew when i had changed lanes and auto cancelled when i had finished.
It's part of the Turn Signals, see here

1706766026162.png

Reactions: dronus
I thought i noticed something similar last night but with only hours in the seat i didnt know how it was supposed to work. I found it fascinating that when indicating the car knew when i had changed lanes and auto cancelled when i had finished.
In a normal car its 3 flashes or on until you cancel.
I was getting a few warnings saying my right camera was obscured, but the message went away. Not sure what that was about.
Havent driven the car today, its been in the shed getting accessories and ive been drilling down into the settings.
Did a lightshow, that was cool.
The side cameras can be obscured by excessive direct sunlight early and late in the day

Reactions: dronus
Just trying to find a decent thread in regards to upcoming and released software.

Can anyone recommend one in perticular?

My car is running 2023.44.30.8, im still learning what is "normal" :) Little things surprise me every time i interact with the car :)
This morning when i entered via the passenger door (i was fiddling with the UMC and wifi) the screen said "door unlocked" when i opened the handle hahaha. Never seen that before..

Picked my car up yesterday in Melbourne and had a very interesting 250 km drive home acclimatising to the future. Some features were pretty standard compared to the Peugeot 308 MY19 but some were very, very different. The strangest was that with autosteer turned on and driving on a 2 or 4 lane freeway, I could adjust the speed with the right scroll wheel above the registered limit (my speedo shows 2 km over according to GPS) but on a standard 2-lane (one each way) highway I couldn't adjust any faster than the posted speed limit.

Is that nanny interfering? Or is there a setting I can play with?

Another thing i recall from when i was driving thru the cbd the other night was that the auto high beams came on while there was traffic around.
It had mostly behaved but there was this one bit with lots of street lights it just lit everyone up. Pressing the highbeam button didnt turn it off so i had to go into the menu.

Reactions: AusMar
I like the car, but good lord I wish it still had USS sensors. Had it phantom brake twice while on TACC. Nearly got rear-ended once. In this state I can't use it. Wish Tesla added a ye olde "cruise control" ... just set the bloody speed and keep it there until _I_ cancel it.

And the auto wipers going off for no reason smearing the screen with city grime. I turned it off, but every time you try TACC, it turns them back to Auto. Have to change of off again.

So irritating. So easy for them to fix. Ah well.

I like the car, but good lord I wish it still had USS sensors. Had it phantom brake twice while on TACC. Nearly got rear-ended once. In this state I can't use it. Wish Tesla added a ye olde "cruise control" ... just set the bloody speed and keep it there until _I_ cancel it.

And the auto wipers going off for no reason smearing the screen with city grime. I turned it off, but every time you try TACC, it turns them back to Auto. Have to change of off again.

So irritating. So easy for them to fix. Ah well.
Been waiting years for a fix to the phantom braking. Tesla‘s solution was to put a warning in the manual, so I presume they have no clue on how to fix it

• Funny
Reactions: dronus and Sokanaar
I don't think you can change that. (The current version of Autosteer we have in Australia says it's only designed for dual carriageways).

If the visibility gets really poor it'll sometimes slow down more.

I was impressed that autosteer could see the difference between the tarmac and the grass/dirt/sand on the road into town which is split in 2 with trees in the middle. There are no line markings on this bit of road but it handled it like a pro :)

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 12.05.30.png

Just got back from a day trip down to seaford then down to glenelg, thru the city out to norwood and then back home via the centennial park.
This car is a delight to drive. Everything feels good, it is smart and surefooted, and if you need to get away from trouble there is plenty of power.
Such a relaxing atmosphere to be in.
A servo had discounted fuel and i had to smile as i drove past. Its like overcoming an addiction in a way, and starting to change the way i think about travel and its dependence on fossil fuels.
Wow. Next level.