Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the update this morning.

I definitely noticed after 2.6 that the regen is far less, kind of annoying they are tinkering with that. You rely on that kind of thing not changing so you know where to lift off, now having to compensate.
I noticed that this morning too when rolling up to the lights i had to jam on the brake as my brain was calibrated to yesterdays regen.

Reactions: Jules22
So another one for me to not install? Got the notification this morning that it’s sitting there waiting to be installed.

EVs should have only one setting for regen… “maximum”.
While i know the driver is ultimately responsible for the control of the vehicle im not sure that changing things that affect braking without warning or opting out is cool, that is if in fact this has happened...

We dont really have any proof that this has occurred, just seat of the pants (if you are wearing them) and there is nothing useful in the release notes. Tabloid trash clickbait mags would organise a soggy SAO over this ...

I'm wondering if it's just the rate that it ramps the regen that has changed. I've been on .6 for a while now, and regen still seems fairly strong (which is good), I'll pay more attention to it today, but I almost never touch the brakes and didn't really notice the change.

Reactions: dronus
Dropped car off at Tesla service today, really just a great experience, from drop off, speaking with the reception there, all very calm patient, went through the list of issues mentioned, even did a walk around the car to point out the issues.

They offered me a loan car which I had requested, super cool as I need a car for kids pickup/drop off. Said car should be ready by end of day but if you can't make it, you can drop car off tomorrow of even Monday. Free unlimited supercharging and free toll usage.

They even took my car seats out from my car and put them into the loaner.

Surprised how friendly and patient and nice there were, very happy. Most other brands are like a conga line, barely get 3 words in before being ushered out

So another one for me to not install? Got the notification this morning that it’s sitting there waiting to be installed.

EVs should have only one setting for regen… “maximum”.
100%, now that its there I love regen and current version works so well, I'm now used to when to lift off accel coming up to a stop or roundabout, so by them altering that will result in me retraining relearning my pattern arghh

Might delay update then

They should just bring back the setting option for regen so people can toggle to their liking.

Reactions: dronus
So paid a bit more attention to regen on the drive this morning and really wasn't able to tell the difference particularly at the end of the ramp.

I've had. 6 for a while though and tend to start regen early and feather it in as required so it's possible I just adapted to it without noticing.

I really suspect if they changed anything that they may have slightly changed the ramp that takes effect.

Reactions: dronus and Mes1
Service confirmed the upcoming 2024.2.8 update will included the fix for Androids by enabling phone key UWB yay!

Just got 2024.2.7 update pushed to my car at Service I saw on my app, so will install tonight overnight

Everything all good, just got the car back now after few hours... The things I noticed in the lead up I wanted checked on

1. The roof liner didn't seem to fit flush, ie gap issue (I mentioned before and dronus showed pics similar to mine earlier in thread) they said yeah normal meant to have a gap
2. Loud Bass heavy songs rattle passenger side door trim - said normal within spec haha, said if becomes worse and rattles at normal volumes not blasting then can look at door trim or replacing speaker
3. Left external camera wiggles compared to the right side - they checked said its ok no issue with mounting sometimes can wiggle if jiggled manually
4. centre armrest when open/close manoeuvring it is creaky - said normal as when its closed with an arm on top theres no sound
5. UMC - pushed update so now can charge at 10amp (yay!)

So apart from these minor things which are non issue , and getting to experience how service is like in process cars all good (knock on wood)

Bonus tonight I can charge 20% faster haha thanks to UMC update.

Reactions: dronus and Vostok
I tried Android for a few months and hated it, went back to Apple.

It’s a bit like people who get jack of Tesla, buy or lease a different EV, discover the grass is not greener, and then come back home.
hahah for the love of me I just cant stand Apple, had the original 3GS and got rid of it after a month, went Samsung, haven't turned back...

As back then you had to use itunes for everything, which was a pain in the $%#, no simple drag n drop movies/files from PC, no SD card, no widgets, no drop downs (notifications), no Always on Display, basically very limited in customizing.. So the usability of Samsung with their interface just worked better for me, Plus I get education discount (working at a school) and so I'm wired into their ecosystem over the years with earbuds/tablets/watches haha

anyways iphone/android is a long discussion which will never end :) Each to their own I say

Reactions: moa999