Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone removed the plastic covers between the spokes of the nova wheels? Curious to see what it looks like
This popped up on facebook fyi. Note they also installed lowering springs

1712286864225.png

1712286877523.png

Reactions: Dayreg
Looks incredible! Do you remember what tint % you had done? Love how dark it looks.
not sure what % but its the darkest legal for front and back in Victoria.

Damn that looks good! Did you tint the back too?
I should be doing mine next week too but instead have the service appointment to fix the couple minor paint issues identified at delivery. I just hope that won’t take too long 🥺

Yeah I did. I wasn't planning too after seeing photos of it from the inside but as I was dropping mine off they had one that had been done and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting so went ahead with it. Where I have my rearview mirror I can't see the line between the new tinting and the factory roof tint. Looks great from the outside.

The guy said my paint was very good, they noticed 2 small defects (which I could see under the lights at the factory but I am finding it hard to see in my garage/in the sun). I have already had it for 12 days and driven about 1500km so it's possible it happened after my pick up and I just didn't notice.

Reactions: Jules22 and ezpz
Autopark was not part of the 8.7 release. It has been released in some of the FSD updates in the US, there is talk it may be released outside of FSD in the next month or so, which would enable it here, but I've not seen anything official 100% confirming we'll get it here.
If it were to be released outside of FSD, it would be an offering within Enhanced Autopilot though, right? That's where Autopark currently lives within Tesla's catalogue of options.

not sure what % but its the darkest legal for front and back in Victoria.

Yeah I did. I wasn't planning too after seeing photos of it from the inside but as I was dropping mine off they had one that had been done and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting so went ahead with it. Where I have my rearview mirror I can't see the line between the new tinting and the factory roof tint. Looks great from the outside.

The guy said my paint was very good, they noticed 2 small defects (which I could see under the lights at the factory but I am finding it hard to see in my garage/in the sun). I have already had it for 12 days and driven about 1500km so it's possible it happened after my pick up and I just didn't notice.
Were you told to keep it garaged for 24 hours after the ceramic coating was done? Reading mixed opinions on letting it set.

IMG_0047.jpeg

Thanks for all the tips about ev power plans etc.
The AGL 8c EV plan kicked in and I’m getting the data come thru the app.
They are 30min increments and on average I use 7-14kw during boring work/gym commute so about a dollar a day.
My old car would use a dollar of fuel before it got to the end of the street.
Not even sure if it’s worth getting solar, have to work out the ROI again.

Reactions: Jules22
Not even sure if it’s worth getting solar, have to work out the ROI again.

Do the maths, but the ROI on rooftop solar in Australia is - in most cases - insanely fast. Even my very difficult and expensive install in 2019 will have paid itself back by the end of this year - just 5.7 years. Even that relatively slow payback is the equivalent of a tax-free compounding return of 13% p.a. - not many investments do that.

A payback in 3 years is a tax-free compounding return of 26% p.a.

If SA is moving into a world where power is getting very cheap during daylight hours due to all the solar, that will change the equation. The higher the grid rates you pay during the day, the shorter the solar payback time is. And vice-versa.

Reactions: dronus
There is already a USB stick connected to the port in the glovebox for recording dash cam footage.

Those of us (yes, including me) who replace it with an SSD are just nerds who like to spend money on more things and want to keep 100 years of footage in our archives.
What capacity is it? I’m assuming it’s fine for day to day usage and so and SSD isn’t an urgent purchase?

Reactions: dronus