Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is highly likely, more moving parts than those in the cities where the ships dock. Gives more weight as to why no one in ACT/SA/NT/WA have got VINs yet.. unless there more out there lurking from those places with VINs. Don’t be shy!

Side note, does this speculation and googling qualify us for a diploma in logistic operations after we get our cars?
Yeah, quite likely althought to be fair PK would require a truck to Sydney as well, which isn't that much further than PK to ACT, but yeah I suspect they are working through a list and given it was Christmas eve that they started going out will likely have to wait till late this week for the rest and hopefully also the emails/SMS confirming which ship they are on etc.

Reactions: dronus
I think this is highly likely, more moving parts than those in the cities where the ships dock. Gives more weight as to why no one in ACT/SA/NT/WA have got VINs yet.. unless there more out there lurking from those places with VINs. Don’t be shy!

Side note, does this speculation and googling qualify us for a diploma in logistic operations after we get our cars?
I’m hoping if you get your VIN, I get mine too as I’m picking the car up in CBR and driving it home rather than having it trucked to wagga

Yeah, quite likely althought to be fair PK would require a truck to Sydney as well, which isn't that much further than PK to ACT, but yeah I suspect they are working through a list and given it was Christmas eve that they started going out will likely have to wait till late this week for the rest and hopefully also the emails/SMS confirming which ship they are on etc.
Yeah from PK they go to an offsite holding yard and then sent off from there. A friend drives trucks there regularly and is keeping an eye out

No vin yet.
Me either
I’m in Sydney, few others in Sydney have got VINs who ordered after me, I’m thinking it’s just going by car config
be spewing if they filled the orders newest to oldest and they ran out of cars, but spewing about it wont change it.

Hopefully Adelaide vins start appearing after they remove the felt and satin luxuary covers that have been protecting our cars on the ship, unlike the bris/syd cars that were being dragged behind the ship in big crab pots ;)

Reactions: mc90
Yeah from PK they go to an offsite holding yard and then sent off from there. A friend drives trucks there regularly and is keeping an eye out

Be honest. You mean you have made friends with anyone who drives anything near there. Including the guy who drives a coffee van there every weekday at 10am, and the guy who collects the bins every Wednesday. They probably think you are a CIA agent or something….

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000
Be honest. You mean you have made friends with anyone who drives anything near there. Including the guy who drives a coffee van there every weekday at 10am, and the guy who collects the bins every Wednesday. They probably think you are a CIA agent or something….
What they dont know wont hurt them. Ive also got them to fix the pothole around the corner so your cars dont get shaken.

Its the gift that keeps on giving

How was the traffic? It was a lot quieter than i thought it would be to ballerat and then up to the border today
Hey mate, traffic was fantastic the whole way, we went Bathurst to Wagga and barely saw a car and the wagga to Hay and passed maybe a dozen cars. Then day two hay through mildura was really mild traffic and then picked up on the freeway into the port but it was a really easy drive.

Hey mate, traffic was fantastic the whole way, we went Bathurst to Wagga and barely saw a car and the wagga to Hay and passed maybe a dozen cars. Then day two hay through mildura was really mild traffic and then picked up on the freeway into the port but it was a really easy drive.
You probably didnt notice the other traffic as they were like dots going past like when a spaceship warps?
The only cars you can see are other m3p who are on the same wavelength and going the same speed hahaha.
Good to hear the trip over went well, hopefully this weather clears up before you head back.

Yeah that’s true. Although you’d assume PK - SYD would have a lot more car haulage options (could they train them up to syd?)

Either way, I’m really hoping we’ll all have VINs and updated EDDs before NYE!

Reactions: dronus and Jules22