Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a wanker and got FSD also... way to blow 10k adam 🤣🤣🤣
Id really like the autoparking from the enhanced autopilot, i use it on my calais every now and then and its pretty useful.
Would be nice if they included it, or at least broke it out in modules.
Really keen to hear your future experiences with FSD or the bits enabled!

Id really like the autoparking from the enhanced autopilot, i use it on my calais every now and then and its pretty useful.
Would be nice if they included it, or at least broke it out in modules.
Really keen to hear your future experiences with FSD or the bits enabled!
Ill definitely write a no BS post about it once ive sussed out its capabilities!
I've had my VF2 SSV Redline since new in 2017, and not once have I let it park itself 🤣🤣
For some reason I don't think that will be an issue in the Tesla 🤣

I was a wanker and got FSD also... way to blow 10k adam 🤣🤣🤣
I did the same, I see it as a bit of a gamble. I had a good chance to try it out on the trip to BNE and back, (at least what we have available here right now).

Honestly it's not worth it if you only look at what we have now, it's WAY behind what is in the US, but looking at the rate of development and the fact they have full time testers in AU right now, I think it will be worth a lot more than 10k by the time I'm ready to move on from this vehicle (plus if they do another transfer of FSD opportunity, that will make it even better).

Reactions: SiLENC3 and dronus
Auto park on my 2023 model 3 was meh, would get half way in like a teenager and then just pullout
The calais is really good at it. You can select paralel or angle parking on either side and it nailed it everytime. I was nervous about it hitting the kerb but it never does.
Being a sedan (like m3) where you cant really see the outside corners it is handy.

Heres hoping everyone gets some good news today, fingers crossed!

• Love
Reactions: htm7130 and Tesl3on
IMG_3732.jpeg

Paganella alongside receiving a full load of Teslas, let’s hope M3s included

Reactions: dronus
Also, I’m reading rumours the US Model 3 Highland is being built with front bumper camera? Can anyone confirm?
No, they have already released it in the US, up on the website now. No front camera.
The US car has exactly the same specs as the Australian one. Which surprised me because I have no idea where they are going to be putting their 5 gallon soda cups.

In conclusion: He wants everything to be included in the Model 3 that he wants, is waiting for it to come with those things, is sure that the second batch of customers will get them, but wont guarantee those things are likely because there is a reason they were left out, but strongly suggests that Tesla includes them, but agrees he has no input into it, but wont buy one until they do as otherwise he wont be able to park his car without hitting something. Front bumper camera and powered frunk are high on his wish list, the more expensive Cyber truck has it, so why not the cheapest model 3? And being some random authoritive content creator on the internet, we should all wait also, because the second batch might have them, but probably not, and hasn't worked out that there wont be a second batch if everyone follows his holy advice and doesnt buy the first batch..

The most important thing is, as he probably isn't going to buy one, that you leave a comment about what you think, hit like and subscribe, and share his opinion with all your friends to like and subscribe. Getting paid for creating the content is probably the only way that we can make sure that he gets to create even more quality content, just like this, maybe, but probably.

Honestly, YouTube is becoming more and more like an Amway pyramid scheme.

Plus, he hasn't gone to a showroom and see one, just looked at the website so loses 11billionty credibility as he hasn't even thunked a single door yet.....

Jeez Louise...

Honestly, YouTube is becoming more and more like an Amway pyramid scheme.

Plus, he hasn't gone to a showroom and see one, just looked at the website so loses 11billionty credibility as he hasn't even thunked a single door yet.....

Jeez Louise...

Haha, haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but sounds like I haven't missed much.

My take on the front camera is that they obviously experimented with it and seems they had plans to include it quite late. I base that on the fact that test cars were seen with them and that the initially released artwork had it included.

Clearly at some point they decided it wasn't necessary, pure speculation as to why, could be the new 3d park assist system development was at a stage where they realised they could achieve better than 360 camera view using this system. Could be some sort of fusion issue with the other cameras in FSD, probably less likely as I'm sure they could have overcome that if it was useful. Could also simply be that the observed potential benefits in testing were not enough to warrant the expense - Understand a single camera is not that expensive, but you need to also factor in wiring, maintenance, development based on the fact that you'd have two different systems with different camera setups, etc etc.

All of the above leads me to believe that we won't be seeing front bumper cameras at least on the 3/Y.

Reactions: dronus
First time poster here. Just wanted to check if anyone has received a message to schedule delivery from the Don Jaun?
Still waiting for delivery even though I got the message saying car has arrived last week. (Melbourne here)
I havent seen any from the DJ yet. We (Beluga ACE) voyagers have had the similar notifications, but no delivery notifications yet.

And, welcome!

Haha, haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but sounds like I haven't missed much.

My take on the front camera is that they obviously experimented with it and seems they had plans to include it quite late. I base that on the fact that test cars were seen with them and that the initially released artwork had it included.

Clearly at some point they decided it wasn't necessary, pure speculation as to why, could be the new 3d park assist system development was at a stage where they realised they could achieve better than 360 camera view using this system. Could be some sort of fusion issue with the other cameras in FSD, probably less likely as I'm sure they could have overcome that if it was useful. Could also simply be that the observed potential benefits in testing were not enough to warrant the expense - Understand a single camera is not that expensive, but you need to also factor in wiring, maintenance, development based on the fact that you'd have two different systems with different camera setups, etc etc.

All of the above leads me to believe that we won't be seeing front bumper cameras at least on the 3/Y.
All good points. Im pretty confident Tesla know what they are doing in that regard :)

Sometimes these "influencers" seem to get excited about their self importance and maybe its just a generational thing, but they expect everything for nothing. Its good to have a voice though, kudos for that.

My hat goes off to the guys who were early adopters of Tesla cars (and we have some in this AU forum!) who were passionate enough to put their money where their mouth is and actually buy cars, without expecting to be given them to drive around in and make money from. There was limited to no charging infrastructure, no rebates and rather large invoices. Their purchases funded the development of generations of cars, and we are lucky enough to benefit from that evolution. Well, you will be @Jules22 if your car ever gets there... :)