Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that's the one, just looked it up and it's not doing that route currently so that may be it's delayed on trips it did between quarters
According to Armacup as at 13th May, Morning Crystal is arriving in Shanghai 13/6 and then arriving Port Kembla 2/7. I'm hoping if my car isn't on Morning Clara it will be on Morning Crystal. Pure optimistic speculation I know.

Reactions: Broony
I don’t get with all the tech they have they can’t provide better tracking. I’d swap my order if they could be clearer on what the back of the queue is now
Been i production with the Japanese for years, if similar then the planners go by available parts / orders then $$$$$ big orders win small batches are an afterthought to make up the monthly profit, they will go by monthly forecasting for production, so if less orders/parts for M3P & LR or build change then it becomes less incentive to produce and most likely schedule a larger build/batch to maintain monthly profits.

Reactions: fobo
With no cars this quarter but Morning Clara on the way to Shanghai now with an ETA of 22nd of May (currently off the east coast of Australia) that means it'll be arriving back here in July/August with cars onboard if it can get through the port backlog in Shanghai without more delay than I'm already factoring in with that estimate. I'm thinking the timing isn't blowing out as far as people think, it's just not a delivery in May/June.

There is a second ship that I've forgotten the name of that also travels around the same time in the past.
Turandot currently enroute from Shanghai, via Korea, with possible Tesla's on board.
Morning Crystal returning to Brisbane but unlikely to have any Teslas - didn't load at Shanghai
Morning Clara due in Shanghai on the weekend - might collect Tesla.
Don Juan currently unloading in Wellington NZ, unknown if Teslas on board, though loaded at Shanghai.
However, those ships load other than cars or esp Tesla. recent jokes about forklifts aplenty.
However, I still hope for the best.

Attachments

• AsiaNZSchedule_0.pdf
    585.8 KB · Views: 62
Wishing all those waiting the best and hopefully quicker deliveries than forecast. I am off to drive my the 2021 LR with boost only 5000km on the clock i purchased last weekend. Still keeping the LR white/white ordered 04.02 on order as may sell and keep when it finally arrives

Attachments

• IMG20220515165804.jpg
    IMG20220515165804.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: fobo
Turandot currently enroute from Shanghai, via Korea, with possible Tesla's on board.
Morning Crystal returning to Brisbane but unlikely to have any Teslas - didn't load at Shanghai
Morning Clara due in Shanghai on the weekend - might collect Tesla.
Don Juan currently unloading in Wellington NZ, unknown if Teslas on board, though loaded at Shanghai.
However, those ships load other than cars or esp Tesla. recent jokes about forklifts aplenty.
However, I still hope for the best.
I'm fairly sure there are Hyundai's on board the Turandot. I've got a Tucson ordered which one been told from the dealer that it will be ready for pickup in a few weeks. I've also read the the Ionic 5 opens up for sale again tomorrow for allocations that have already been built and en-route to Aus.

Last edited:
I ordered red/black so obviously that works for me, but honestly, I really like it in white, with a real dark tint and the coloured brake caliper... and this is from someone who hates white cars with passion.

I think the full glass roof and black satin trim, gives it enough contrast to make it not just another 'white' car.

Personally, wasn't a fan of black, but that's just my opinion!
Red black is awesome combo on the P but too flashy for me. White also great but far too common in my area. Satin ppf on the black? Or leave it plain

It has taken a while for Tesla Brisbane to get around to calling, but they finally did. Perhaps they are working backward by order date.
Anyway, not this quarter, probably not July, more likely August for my 6 Jan M3LR order. More concrete update in Tesla account to follow in next few weeks.
No great inconvenience, no finance issue and still have wheels, just a dampener on the enthusiasm.

Reactions: Ib38
It has taken a while for Tesla Brisbane to get around to calling, but they finally did. Perhaps they are working backward by order date.
Anyway, not this quarter, probably not July, more likely August for my 6 Jan M3LR order. More concrete update in Tesla account to follow in next few weeks.
No great inconvenience, no finance issue and still have wheels, just a dampener on the enthusiasm.
That is not what I was told by the Brisbane office. Yes my LR is delayed but I was told that they were told by management to say second half of year, until they know more. They simply do not know anything yet. My guy was hopeful it would be July but had no idea at this stage. He said they were ramping up well at 80% and expected to be at 100% soon.

Reactions: Miku and PcS000
Despite my expressed optimism for "some" cars still coming, today I have also had "that call" from my SA.
The spiel the same as all others: "second half", and unwilling to suggest anything more. Regardless, there was an inference that Q3 is possible.
There was also a subtle suggestion of Brisbane as unloading port.
I can only believe what he said, and he indicated that he is a "lurker" on this site, though could easily be a participant because his own order date is a few weeks after mine. Therefore he's happy to see my car arrive.
He said that supplies are founded in date of orders. That said, those of you waiting since November will be prioritized.
I remain optimistic, for Q3

Despite my expressed optimism for "some" cars still coming, today I have also had "that call" from my SA.
The spiel the same as all others: "second half", and unwilling to suggest anything more. Regardless, there was an inference that Q3 is possible.
There was also a subtle suggestion of Brisbane as unloading port.
I can only believe what he said, and he indicated that he is a "lurker" on this site, though could easily be a participant because his own order date is a few weeks after mine. Therefore he's happy to see my car arrive.
He said that supplies are founded in date of orders. That said, those of you waiting since November will be prioritized.
I remain optimistic, for Q3
That is also what I was told. In your post, I think, while they are unwilling I also think they are unable, because, as my guy said they do not know. He also told me the same as you, that supplies are founded in date of orders, but I am sure “old_gees” and probably many others would refute that.

Reactions: rtvanda
That is also what I was told. In your post, I think, while they are unwilling I also think they are unable, because, as my guy said they do not know. He also told me the same as you, that supplies are founded in date of orders, but I am sure “old_gees” and probably many others would refute that.
I have noted plenty of examples where there has been inconsistency in order/supply and agree with your observation that some will disagree.
I do not have any information on production runs, orders, or any logistics to figure out why such inconsistencies occur, but as an eternal optimist, i trust that they will sort themself out eventually.
In my email back to SA after our call i indicated that I /we are disappointed, and that i have survived disappointment before, and will survive this also.