Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ECD2FFF1-DFD6-4244-9C1D-759A1DC625F0.jpeg

The Gods are really trying to mess with what little patience I have left. This car has just parked in front of my place. Exactly what I’ve ordered but it’s not mine.

Hi all,

Long time reader and first time poster. Thought I'd jump in as I am hoping Perth gets some love (VINs) and we start seeing some progress.
Is it only RWDs being assigned VINS currently in GC and Sydney or are LR and P also getting assigned?

Also anyone Perth ways any suggestions on finance as it is looking I may have to go that way as I am having no luck selling my Monaro 😒

M3 Performance / Pearl While / Black
Perth
Order Date: 21/4/2022
EDD: Oct-Dec
Hi, welcome, for now it's just been RWD's and allocated to just Gold Coast and Sydney orders so far. Your EDD is interesting considering Elon has said they want to move away from their current strategy to smoothe the deliveries out and better make use of shipping availability, maybe they'll do a big batch run if LR and P as well with deliveries in December, I couldn't imagine with the RWD backlog there being any shipping availability in Oct or Nov with how many have Aug-Nov EDDs.

I have no specific advice on finance, I did briefly look at finance via a novated lease with the impending changes still being delayed in parliament but if that goes through it would offer a nice saving with no GST and no FBT payable, but I think (&hope) my car will arrive before that is passed into law, it's a gamble because it would be back dated but if it didn't pass it's a cost I don't need. There is a thread on here specifically for discussing the novated lease situation.

I guess the vin has dried out for now us leftovers Feb orders our last chance to get our cars before december is don juan due on the 28/10 to leave shanghai if we dont get vins in week leading to the 28th im sorry but our cars wont male here in november its gunna be December or even later.
And me thinking like that it just drive me insane. And what make me get angry ever more how it says in my account "Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability" so if they dont have that combination they dont bother building it, so its a game of luck just like a lotto. F*** this sh**

I guess the vin has dried out for now us leftovers Feb orders our last chance to get our cars before december is don juan due on the 28/10 to leave shanghai if we dont get vins in week leading to the 28th im sorry but our cars wont male here in november its gunna be December or even later.
And me thinking like that it just drive me insane. And what make me get angry ever more how it says in my account "Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability" so if they dont have that combination they dont bother building it, so its a game of luck just like a lotto. F*** this sh**
Except that now they again assign VIN-s sometimes when they are already on a boat, so you may get VIN-s a little later and still get the car this year.