Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like dazmac has Leo spirit (currently about to reach Shanghai) scheduled to leave Fremantle on 10th of June https://www.dazmac.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/0fa2d01a34844716264d24a7049fb1d1.pdf

So assuming our cars get loaded up in Shanghai, mid/end of June delivery seems plausible… @Sturty thoughts?
Having had a few hours, I'm downgrading it to a possible.

Why? For some reason if you go look at the West-East route, it mentions that EVs can't travel West-East.
SO I'm not saying it isnt ours, only that they all have to be offloaded here and Adelaide as Dugong Ace did. Unlike Dugong though, Leo is heading to Brisbane before it goes to NZ.

We do need a vessel. I still think it's a good chance.

As promised I've done some work on the spreadsheet. Keep it coming for anyone who hasn't inputted their data yet, the more the merrier.

Just seen the latest WuWa, I have faith that even if Leo Spirit isn’t our vessel then ours is soon, there’s a heap of MY ready to go in the Southport yard, take a look. Video dated Tuesday 14/5

Last edited:
Having had a few hours, I'm downgrading it to a possible.

Why? For some reason if you go look at the West-East route, it mentions that EVs can't travel West-East.
SO I'm not saying it isnt ours, only that they all have to be offloaded here and Adelaide as Dugong Ace did. Unlike Dugong though, Leo is heading to Brisbane before it goes to NZ.

We do need a vessel. I still think it's a good chance.
im still holding out hope this is the one. There would be tons of people who have ordered since March who havent gotten an EDD yet so id think that the chances are very good that we will have a ship to ourselves or at the very least most for us with the rest for Adelaide.

Reactions: Sturty
im still holding out hope this is the one. There would be tons of people who have ordered since March who havent gotten an EDD yet so id think that the chances are very good that we will have a ship to ourselves or at the very least most for us with the rest for Adelaide.
Even if it isn't, Paganella is due in Shanghai tomorrow, it's just that Paganella is taking the long way via the East. It's still only another six days after Leo in Freo port (10th vs 16th)

Either way, I'm really confident one of these ships is the one.

Leo Spirit is in Shanghai, on its way into a berth now. Due anytime now.

• Love
Reactions: V3nom
Even if it isn't, Paganella is due in Shanghai tomorrow, it's just that Paganella is taking the long way via the East. It's still only another six days after Leo in Freo port (10th vs 16th)

Either way, I'm really confident one of these ships is the one.

Leo Spirit is in Shanghai, on its way into a berth now. Due anytime now.
Oh right haha then that's not too bad at all!! I was thinking that Paganella would like only get to Freo in July or something. I spent a bit of time today hunting for it but just couldn't find when it was docking in Freo.

This news has given me a smile right now lol 😆

• Love
Reactions: Sturty
Oh awesome!! I'll add this to my growing list of bookmarks for my car tracking haha.
The guys at work were asking WTF I was tracking today haha I had the ship tracker open in full screen 😅
I always get asked about it whenever I've got my tracking / spreadsheets / harbourcam going.
Thankfully me I've had two very very quiet nights at work, so I've had time to catch up on spreadsheet time

I always get asked about it whenever I've got my tracking / spreadsheets / harbourcam going.
Thankfully me I've had two very very quiet nights at work, so I've had time to catch up on spreadsheet time
😄 nice!! Yeah it was quiet this weekend for me at work too so thought I'd try be like Sturty and attempt tracking the ships that you mentioned in your earlier posts. I can see now that it takes a lot of work and knowledge about the ships and the companies that own them and the ports they go to... Mate, I really appreciate all the work and updates you give us on here!!! I'm sure lots of ppl here feel the same way!

Keep up the great work man!!! 👍

• Love
Reactions: Mikle74 and Sturty
😄 nice!! Yeah it was quiet this weekend for me at work too so thought I'd try be like Sturty and attempt tracking the ships that you mentioned in your earlier posts. I can see now that it takes a lot of work and knowledge about the ships and the companies that own them and the ports they go to... Mate, I really appreciate all the work and updates you give us on here!!! I'm sure lots of ppl here feel the same way!

Keep up the great work man!!! 👍
Well, not to add a spanner into the works, but I've just gone through the entire MOL ACE fleet's schedule.

As yet unassigned, but D VESSEL (code for as yet not decided) is due in Fremantle's outer waters on 1/6 before going to Adelaide four days later. Whatever this vessel is is due in Shanghai on the 24th before a trip to Xiamen.

HOWEVER.

Leo Spirit on the same spreadsheet isn't showing as coming here. On the DAZMAC, it does mention that Leo Spirit may be subbed out. At this stage it doesn't look like it will. So either way

Lets hope our car is on Leo or its sub ship, if so we'll be able to track our VIN allocations.

Well, not to add a spanner into the works, but I've just gone through the entire MOL ACE fleet's schedule.

As yet unassigned, but D VESSEL (code for as yet not decided) is due in Fremantle's outer waters on 1/6 before going to Adelaide four days later. Whatever this vessel is is due in Shanghai on the 24th before a trip to Xiamen.

HOWEVER.

Leo Spirit on the same spreadsheet isn't showing as coming here. On the DAZMAC, it does mention that Leo Spirit may be subbed out. At this stage it doesn't look like it will. So either way

Lets hope our car is on Leo or its sub ship, if so we'll be able to track our VIN allocations.
My fingers are crossed! Here's hoping we get our VINs soon 😀

At this point I don't see how we can't - there's nothing from them scheduled into Fremantle after Leo Spirit or the sub ship until after the schedule's current finish at 6 Sept.

I'll keep you posted.
Oh right! Yeah that is interesting 🤔 I'll be refreshing the app twice as much now haha.

Hopefully we start getting reports soon from people that they can see their VINs, hidden or not :)
It's getting exciting now!!!

Yes, please keep us posted! 👍

Leo Spirit arrived 20 minutes ago it seems.
Starting draught 8.7 (that is, how deep it's sitting in the water, when the ship is filled it should go lower).

I'm gonna feel really bad if I've got it wrong, but with Paganella so close behind it it is a low stakes failure risk.

• Love
Leo Spirit arrived 20 minutes ago it seems.
Starting draught 8.7 (that is, how deep it's sitting in the water, when the ship is filled it should go lower).

I'm gonna feel really bad if I've got it wrong, but with Paganella so close behind it it is a low stakes failure risk.
Haha, i read that first part so quickly I thought you were saying that you were on your number 8.7 draught of beers 😄

It's all good either way bud, it's all part of the fun in figuring all this out before the main event... the Delivery ;-)

I can't see how it won't be 1 of these ships coz historically it looks like the average waiting time is 3 months and this falls at the end of a quarter which sounds like Tesla try to deliver too so I think we are in with a shot here :)

Haha, i read that first part so quickly I thought you were saying that you were on your number 8.7 draught of beers 😄

It's all good either way bud, it's all part of the fun in figuring all this out before the main event... the Delivery ;-)

I can't see how it won't be 1 of these ships coz historically it looks like the average waiting time is 3 months and this falls at the end of a quarter which sounds like Tesla try to deliver too so I think we are in with a shot here :)
The fact the WuWa video shows Model Y's on the port as of Tuesday indicates the cars are made and are ready. For a while there the factory seemed to be in Model 3 mode as seen by the influx of stock. Look at Rug's - he changed his to one of the ones on Morning Crystal, and it's a March build date. As we know, Fremantle deliveries are less frequent and take longer than the East, who are getting theirs now via Grand Pace.

The evidence points to this being the right place at the right time.

It's been a long 70 days, I'll breathe a sigh of relief if this gives us a VIN in a few days.

Leo Spirit is showing as being moored. It's go time for loading.
I'll even cop it if it gives us a VIN but a plan change results in a two week stop over in Singapore (which is possible). Yes, it'll push our delivery out til July, but at least we'll have a target to watch, not a whole field.

Ladies and gentlemen of the WAiting room.
I reckon this could be it.

Please see the screenshot below.

Leo Spirit has docked in Port. Is it the right port I wondered?
What else happens to be right next to it?

Old mate Morning Crystal, fresh off its latest Tesla drop here.

Get excited.

1716145606271.png

One to watch. Paganella and Morning Crystal are due in to Brisbane and Port Kembla at the same time, followed by Brisbane where Paganella jumps ahead a day before coming here. Morning Crystal isn't coming here this time.
I find it unlikely that they'd both be carrying Tesla vessels at the same time, but maybe.
I'll endeavour to track their paths and try and find the pattern.

Last edited:
Last one for the night,

Paganella's suggested path is a bit weird. It doesn't look like it's following Leo Spirit and Morning Crystal, it's supposed to be going down a windy river path to a different part of the Port, not somewhere I've thought they typically load Tesla from.

Not sure.

Either way, I think Leo Spirit is our vessel.

• Love