Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I has the delivery date change from 6 to 9 months to nov 20 to Dec 4 about 12 days ago but no vin in the source code. I just organised finance as was waiting until I knew delivery was coming and just now updated the payment details in the app, then a rego doc appeared in my docs with the vin written on it. Still not appearing in the source code though

Reactions: Robdunc
a rego doc appeared in my docs with the vin written on it. Still not appearing in the source code though
How are you searching the source code?

Tesla VIN Finder chrome extension?

Manually searching your /en_AU/teslaaccount/profile?rn=RNxxxxx page source for LRW?

Or are you looking at the /teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders page? (which no longer works)

Reactions: mpowney
Im the same and now starting wonder if not getting it until next year may be better. If I cant collect the car, do I lose the locked in price, or just go back into the queue but keep the price?
I am thinking the same, if not on Don Juan , I probably can't collect it and Murphy's law says for sure it will be I am due for pick up in the 3 and a bit weeks I am away!
I am thinking if I don have a VIN by 10 th of December I may be ok as it seems you can delay pick up for 7 days...I have also thought of paying for it before I leave if I can't collect it in time if I am given a VIN on the ones that arrive first week of December . I leave on the 10th, and asking if they can come to the party and help out.
Guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. But now I would rather have a January or February pick up and manage without a car.
I have a feeling you can't just say move me out to next year and keep the price but I may be wrong
Do you have another plan or better idea?

I has the delivery date change from 6 to 9 months to nov 20 to Dec 4 about 12 days ago but no vin in the source code. I just organised finance as was waiting until I knew delivery was coming and just now updated the payment details in the app, then a rego doc appeared in my docs with the vin written on it. Still not appearing in the source code though
Reason it wasn't in the source code was due to you not selecting a payment method

Do we have to do all the payment before a more concrete delivery date is given? Or is that independent? Right now I've got a range from Aug 24 to Sep 05, but I've been holding off doing the bulk payment of the remainder until the date is firmer. Is this the right way to go, or am I holding up getting a proper date because it's not all paid?

good to know, I never realised that was why I hadnt got it yet
Where in you account can you check what payment method is selected. I know that when i first purchased the car after my test drive my SA put cash but down the track i called up to change it to finance is there an option for me change it or i have to call, my account doesnt show that option.

Where in you account can you check what payment method is selected. I know that when i first purchased the car after my test drive my SA put cash but down the track i called up to change it to finance is there an option for me change it or i have to call, my account doesnt show that option.
I originally had pepper then they stopped doing it so mine then had no payment method and I didnt put anything in there until today. Tesla.was sending me texts asking me to finalise it so I organised it Friday and came through today

1667369146455.png
GUYS! VIN STORM IS COMING!!!!

I originally had pepper then they stopped doing it so mine then had no payment method and I didnt put anything in there until today. Tesla.was sending me texts asking me to finalise it so I organised it Friday and came through today
Im with pepper money and organise it before they quit from tesla should i call my SA and confirm what was going on. My finance with them expires on the 18th of december and that will the 6 months term. So fingers crossed i get my car before that date because i dont want to reapply at the new rates.

Im with pepper money and organise it before they quit from tesla should i call my SA and confirm what was going on. My finance with them expires on the 18th of december and that will the 6 months term. So fingers crossed i get my car before that date because i dont want to reapply at the new rates.
Mine sat with no payment info and I still got the tesla vision prompt and Nov 20 -Dec 4 delivery window, then I started to get texts from tesla asking me to provide payment method details. I have only spoken to a SA on the day I test drove and ordered back in April so I dont think you need to do anything yet

I am thinking the same, if not on Don Juan , I probably can't collect it and Murphy's law says for sure it will be I am due for pick up in the 3 and a bit weeks I am away!
I am thinking if I don have a VIN by 10 th of December I may be ok as it seems you can delay pick up for 7 days...I have also thought of paying for it before I leave if I can't collect it in time if I am given a VIN on the ones that arrive first week of December . I leave on the 10th, and asking if they can come to the party and help out.
Guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. But now I would rather have a January or February pick up and manage without a car.
I have a feeling you can't just say move me out to next year and keep the price but I may be wrong
Do you have another plan or better idea?
No I dont have a better idea, and im pretty much in the same boat as you. Ill see when things change and do what i can then.

Reactions: Snoopy1