Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upfront rant pre-notes: First world problems indeed, bigger issues in the world, there are many other Q1 orders awaiting VINs, we have only paid a minor order fee, ETAs are subject to change etc etc - and I am very pleased for those early 2022 orders seeing some good progress.

But this place is purely a Waiting Room, and like many others I have been sitting at this vanilla bus stop for 250+ days

After being very polite and patient since ordering in late Feb - I am over it. There are no more excuses.

Over 8 months and there has been essentially zero status change (yes, they had a shut down: the 5-7 mth ETA was adjusted). Otherwise, no clarity, no update, nothing. Now other folks here are having delivery dates and VINs changed due to "mistakes". Seriously?

I can go and place a new M3 order now, and I might get it in Feb 2023…. 3 months from now. I could have pushed the Y button in June and taken delivery weeks ago.
Am starting to think it is insanity waiting for this basic RWD… and yes, I know 'it will be worth it'.. and it must be close now...

Upfront rant pre-notes: First world problems indeed, bigger issues in the world, there are many other Q1 orders awaiting VINs, we have only paid a minor order fee, ETAs are subject to change etc etc - and I am very pleased for those early 2022 orders seeing some good progress.

But this place is purely a Waiting Room, and like many others I have been sitting at this vanilla bus stop for 250+ days

After being very polite and patient since ordering in late Feb - I am over it. There are no more excuses.

Over 8 months and there has been essentially zero status change (yes, they had a shut down: the 5-7 mth ETA was adjusted). Otherwise, no clarity, no update, nothing. Now other folks here are having delivery dates and VINs changed due to "mistakes". Seriously?

I can go and place a new M3 order now, and I might get it in Feb 2023…. 3 months from now. I could have pushed the Y button in June and taken delivery weeks ago.
Am starting to think it is insanity waiting for this basic RWD… and yes, I know 'it will be worth it'.. and it must be close now...
Facts are the EDD isn't accurate. The wait is unacceptable and Tesla doesn't seem to want to decrease the wait times. If the wait is to much there are some used vehicles available as inflated as that market is.

Facts are the EDD isn't accurate. The wait is unacceptable and Tesla doesn't seem to want to decrease the wait times. If the wait is to much there are some used vehicles available as inflated as that market is.
I don't think Tesla knows how to reduce wait times. It feels like the SCM is in above their head and can't manage the orders effectively. The order growth is outpacing their ability to keep up.

Yep im starting the hunt for another car tomorrow. Tesla are treating Australian (and others) customers like garbage and ive had enough. If my car arrives this year, great, ill keep it, if not ill have something else on order and flip it when it arrives. Cant see myself ever buying another Tesla regardless.

I don't think Tesla knows how to reduce wait times. It feels like the SCM is in above their head and can't manage the orders effectively. The order growth is outpacing their ability to keep up.
They could increase Australia's share of exports by maybe 1.5-2% for a quarter and greatly reduce the backlog

Yep im starting the hunt for another car tomorrow. Tesla are treating Australian (and others) customers like garbage and ive had enough. If my car arrives this year, great, ill keep it, if not ill have something else on order and flip it when it arrives. Cant see myself ever buying another Tesla regardless.
Not really fair to flip it when there is such a long wait time

Reactions: stev05

I feel you, im in the same situation as you i ordered 1 week before you, my car is rwd white black interior with 19 inch wheels,
And to top it off i inquired about 2 teslas on carsales same spec as mine to find out the build date on those were in september, i know my combination is not common but for heavens sake tesla how hard is to build my car with the old batch. Its just to show that the system that they use is rubbish, most of feb orders still are not filled yet orders from march and april are being assigned.
If anyone has an explanation please enlighten me, i called my SA and his answer was it depend on which delivery location car are being assigned, so they allocate vin depending on delivery location because they assign cars by those locations , not by when u placed the order which is disappointing.

Moderators Note: Lots of swear words changed or removed from this post. Even disguised versions of swear words are not acceptable on TMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understand - I think I am a reasonable consumer and very much get that ETA means 'Estimated' ie: it moves.... but enough is enough, and what really gets me is the zero logic and comms, and now mistakes. To my detriment, I like logic and valid reasoning - reality is that don't exist in the Tesla world. Maybe if the SA had of said straight upfront in Feb: we have absolutely no idea how any of this works post your order fee, build and allocation is completely and utterly random, delivery very well could be 2023.. I might be in a better frame of mind. Apologies for the rant fellow VIN-less.

Hey guys! Now that I'm a month away from actually getting the car I was looking at PPF and window tinting. I want to get window tinting for sure but was wondering if PPF is necessary and what the average price should be? I got quoted nearly 9k from one place in Melbourne to do parts of the front only and other places are around 4-5k (price online). I drive on the highway daily, so stones might be an issue. Has anyone gotten/not gotten PPF and what has your experience been like?

Hey guys! Now that I'm a month away from actually getting the car I was looking at PPF and window tinting. I want to get window tinting for sure but was wondering if PPF is necessary and what the average price should be? I got quoted nearly 9k from one place in Melbourne to do parts of the front only and other places are around 4-5k (price online). I drive on the highway daily, so stones might be an issue. Has anyone gotten/not gotten PPF and what has your experience been like?
Thats too much to pay shop around mate, 9k for partial ppf they must be joking, i can give you an idea , high impact ares like bonnet front bumper both mirrors and front 2 fenders ur gunna be looking at around 2.5k and for a full ppf on average around 6-7k

Always wondered how people can justify spending 10-15% of the car's price on some clear film. Have driven 80,000km in my last two porsches with no ppf and not had an issues. Will be DIY ceramic coating (cquartz 3) to my model 3 when it arrives, and possibly vinyl wrap or PPF but I'll be DIY that as well (one of my earliest businesses was vinyl graphics and wrap in the late 90s)