Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a quote I got from my employer-nominated NL company. I'm a computer programmer, I can say I'm somewhat good with numbers, but yet I have no idea what most of the figures in this quote are. My layman's calculation is as follows:
  1. I would have paid $40,538 out of pocket at the end of the lease
  2. I would have to pay a residual of $37,623 at the end
  3. Adding (1) and (2) will be $78,161
  4. Subtracting (3) from the on-the-road cost of the car ($66,498) gives $11,663
  5. Subtracting insurance, rego, servicing e.t.c (~$6,000) which I would have paid out of pocket without NL from (3) above gives $5,663
(5) is what I would pay in excess of the on-the-road cost of the car with NL. This does not factor in FBT tax removal. The question big question is then, what are the other finance options available where I can pay less than $5,663 in interest on a loan of $66,498 over a period of 2 years?

Experience people in the house, does this calculation make sense? If yes what options do you think are out there that beat the $5,663 figure?
Here is a quote I got from my employer-nominated NL company. I'm a computer programmer, I can say I'm somewhat good with numbers, but yet I have no idea what most of the figures in this quote are. My layman's calculation is as follows:
  1. I would have paid $37,643 out of pocket at the end of the lease
  3. Adding (1) and (2) will be $75,266
  4. Subtracting (3) from the on-the-road cost of the car ($66,498) gives $8,768
  5. Subtracting insurance, rego, servicing e.t.c (~$6,000) which I would have paid out of pocket without NL from (3) above gives $2,768
(5) is what I would pay in excess of the on-the-road cost of the car with NL. This does not factor in FBT tax removal. The question big question is then, what are the other finance options available where I can pay less than $2,768 in interest on a loan of $66,498 over a period of 2 years?

Experience people in the house, does this calculation make sense? If yes what options do you think are out there that beat the $2,768 figure?

PS: I CORRECTED THE $40,538(723.9 X 56) NUMBER, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN $37,643(723.9 X 52).

Attachments

• nl-quote.png
    nl-quote.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Informative
Reactions: Missimpatient
I just got a text from Tesla saying my M3 has been assigned and delivery is Dec 11th-25th.... The original date was Feb-May which is what I wanted. I don't want the car yet. What are my options? If I cancel and re-order, do I lose my $350?

(I ordered on June 26th)
My SA told me if I get this notice well before the delivery date, to contact them instantly and they will re-assign it and you get pushed back to your delivery window. If you get to them in time.

1. I would have paid $37,643 out of pocket at the end of the lease
  3. Adding (1) and (2) will be $75,266
  4. Subtracting (3) from the on-the-road cost of the car ($66,498) gives $8,768
  5. Subtracting insurance, rego, servicing e.t.c (~$6,000) which I would have paid out of pocket without NL from (3) above gives $2,768
(5) is what I would pay in excess of the on-the-road cost of the car with NL. This does not factor in FBT tax removal. The question big question is then, what are the other finance options available where I can pay less than $2,768 in interest on a loan of $66,498 over a period of 2 years?

Experience people in the house, does this calculation make sense? If yes what options do you think are out there that beat the $2,768 figure?

PS: I CORRECTED THE $40,538(723.9 X 56) NUMBER, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN $37,643(723.9 X 52).
Screenshot_20221114_094844.jpg

This is what I got from my provider.
$733.08 x 104 = $76240 for the repayments.
Plus the residual of $26172.54...

That is not worth it to me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221114_094844.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114_094844.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Missimpatient
I just got a text from Tesla saying my M3 has been assigned and delivery is Dec 11th-25th.... The original date was Feb-May which is what I wanted. I don't want the car yet. What are my options? If I cancel and re-order, do I lose my $350?

(I ordered on June 26th)
Wow, that is an early delivery for a June order but can understand if is too early. Someone else will certainly benefit. RWD or LR/P?

Reactions: 121Gwatts

(I ordered on June 26th)

Certainly no pattern to Tesla delivery scheduling.

1. I would have paid $40,538 out of pocket at the end of the lease
  3. Adding (1) and (2) will be $78,161
  4. Subtracting (3) from the on-the-road cost of the car ($66,498) gives $11,663
  5. Subtracting insurance, rego, servicing e.t.c (~$6,000) which I would have paid out of pocket without NL from (3) above gives $5,663
(5) is what I would pay in excess of the on-the-road cost of the car with NL. This does not factor in FBT tax removal. The question big question is then, what are the other finance options available where I can pay less than $5,663 in interest on a loan of $66,498 over a period of 2 years?

Experience people in the house, does this calculation make sense? If yes what options do you think are out there that beat the $5,663 figure?
I got 45,692 for total loan payments. Take the fortnightly cost and then expanding out to 2 years.

The leave out from the monthly number?

Works better to figure it out not taking into account pre and post tax because esstentially it will all be pre tax as there is no FBT.