Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 874322
This is what I got from my provider.
$733.08 x 104 = $76240 for the repayments.
Plus the residual of $26172.54...

That is not worth it to me...

If you're in the top income bracket minus tax savings would be a total cost of 68,104 (WITH FBT incentive)
When you figure out the total cost of insurance and maintenance it probably is "worth it" but i dont like participating in a scheme that doesnt benefit anyone significantly apart from the companies skimming everyone.

T
Here is a quote I got from my employer-nominated NL company. I'm a computer programmer, I can say I'm somewhat good with numbers, but yet I have no idea what most of the figures in this quote are. My layman's calculation is as follows:
  1. I would have paid $37,643 out of pocket at the end of the lease
  2. I would have to pay a residual of $37,623 at the end
  3. Adding (1) and (2) will be $75,266
  4. Subtracting (3) from the on-the-road cost of the car ($66,498) gives $8,768
  5. Subtracting insurance, rego, servicing e.t.c (~$6,000) which I would have paid out of pocket without NL from (3) above gives $2,768
(5) is what I would pay in excess of the on-the-road cost of the car with NL. This does not factor in FBT tax removal. The question big question is then, what are the other finance options available where I can pay less than $2,768 in interest on a loan of $66,498 over a period of 2 years?

Experience people in the house, does this calculation make sense? If yes what options do you think are out there that beat the $2,768 figure?

PS: I CORRECTED THE $40,538(723.9 X 56) NUMBER, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN $37,643(723.9 X 52).
These quotes are such a sketch. I’ve had numerous back and forth emails with my agent to put the right numbers in the quote. For my case, the final price on my Tesla order agreement is $65192. I’m eligible for the $3000 ev grant which means vehicle on road cost will be $62192. I then had them reduce the GST from this amount, so total amount financed in my quote is $56590.

Last edited:
T

These quotes are such a sketch. I’ve had numerous back and forth emails with my agent to put the right numbers in the quote. For my case, the final price on my Tesla order agreement is $65192. I’m eligible for the $3000 ev grant which means vehicle on road cost will be $62192. I then had them reduce the GST from this amount, so total amount financed in my quote is $56590 (I also don’t have establishment fee and Plus PPSR fee - maybe my guy forgot to put them in?). I’ve attached a screenshot of my quote.

View attachment 874341
Yeah and the interest rate is almost half what others have posted. That quote is actually worth.

its been 2 months since my delivery(which was on 2nd Sept) , i have now driven around 5,650 kms ....and the car amazes me every time i sit in it .... with software updates making the car super cool every time ..... i would say guys it is worth the wait .... well i waited for my car for nearly 8months as i had ordered in Jan2022
dont loose you momentum till you get you car ....just browse as many videos as you can to learn the car & accessories to go with it
cheers
enjoy the wait its worth it
AmeetM

Attachments

• 20221030_093137.jpg
    20221030_093137.jpg
    844.2 KB · Views: 76
These quotes are such a sketch. I’ve had numerous back and forth emails with my agent to put the right numbers in the quote. For my case, the final price on my Tesla order agreement is $65192. I’m eligible for the $3000 ev grant which means vehicle on road cost will be $62192. I then had them reduce the GST from this amount, so total amount financed in my quote is $56590.
I think NSW has worded their rebate such that it is not payable on Novated Lease vehicles. Is that different in VIC?