Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyway to find out what Tesla will offer you for existing car (trade in price).

I ordered RWD in late June and is still Feb-May. The trade in price of my existing car (not a Tesla) is still pending but it would be good to understand roughly what they would offer or if I try and sell privately in advance. We could potentially sell now and get by with one car for now hence it would be good to know. Guessing I just have to wait?

Reactions: Tj29
Another Queenslander living in a rural area. I have just spoken to the SA In Brisbane I think. My estimated delivery date is December to January, however he believes that my Tesla has not been made yet. Order date was March 20 model 3 long range. I was hoping to have it before Christmas so I can christen it on a road trip to Melbourne to see the Australian Open in January. Based on his response I should drive my diesel car
I doubt you will get it before Christmas. I ordered mine in April and I'm in the same boat as you. Cross our fingers and hope the Tesla Heavens open up?

Is there anyway to find out what Tesla will offer you for existing car (trade in price).

I ordered RWD in late June and is still Feb-May. The trade in price of my existing car (not a Tesla) is still pending but it would be good to understand roughly what they would offer or if I try and sell privately in advance. We could potentially sell now and get by with one car for now hence it would be good to know. Guessing I just have to wait?
I wouldn't hold my breath for a good price from Tesla, that said I got a quote on a trade in immediately by submitting it, I did this after I'd ordered so not tied to my order at all, they offered my $1,500 for an SUV that is selling privately in the $7,500 to $9,900 range from the research I'd done.

Unfortunately we can't get by with one car as we both work off the public transport supported routes in opposite directions from home, I'll sell my car privately fairly easily I think in the weeks following delivery.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I'm ordering a M3-SR soon and I was wondering how accurate the delivery estimates are on the website? it says btw Feb-May 2023 if I order now, when I test drove one today the guy at Tesla said the same thing, I want the car for around July/Aug next year so should I just hold off a couple of months before ordering?

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I'm ordering a M3-SR soon and I was wondering how accurate the delivery estimates are on the website? it says btw Feb-May 2023 if I order now, when I test drove one today the guy at Tesla said the same thing, I want the car for around July/Aug next year so should I just hold off a couple of months before ordering?
Gonna be real with you straight up, the delivery estimates are exactly that: estimates. Some of us have waited since February this year and still haven't got one.

In saying that though, jump on it when you can because Tesla love to increase the prices from time to time and last thing you want to do is pay an extra 1-5k just because you hesitated. I made that mistake myself and it's costing me an extra 2k all because I hesitated.

Reactions: Tj29

Call them

Gonna be real with you straight up, the delivery estimates are exactly that: estimates. Some of us have waited since February this year and still haven't got one.

In saying that though, jump on it when you can because Tesla love to increase the prices from time to time and last thing you want to do is pay an extra 1-5k just because you hesitated. I made that mistake myself and it's costing me an extra 2k all because I hesitated.
I said to the guy at Tesla today that ive heard people waiting over 9months for one and he said yes thats people who ordered earlier in the year but delivery times have improved now? I dont know what to believe? lol, stuff it ill just order it.

Don't order now. Order when you're ready to take delivery. If you want a Tesla at or on a specific date buy a 2nd hand vehicle.