Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just disappeared, previously was showing Apr-Jun; so I assume it will be later than that then
If anyone wants to ring Tesla and find out how the official response I’d be curious to know. I’d do it if, but given I’ve spoken to him three times already, no doubt I’ll get my petulant young friend again and I’ll start getting really annoyed

• Funny
Reactions: V3nom
Catch 22, no? Take too long and your original quote / agreement expires and you need to repeat process, possibly lose your spot by finance not being ready. If it’s ready too soon your finance isn’t ready and you lose your spot
I think it’s less about the quote expiring and more that the finance approval expires, but yes, surprises either way mean more waiting…

I think it’s less about the quote expiring and more that the finance approval expires, but yes, surprises either way mean more waiting…
Either or. Both apply.

Realistically? Even if our orders are loaded in Shanghai right this second we’re a month to six weeks away from getting it, depending what other stops it makes on the way. What’s the actual issue with your finance, not getting back to you ?

They have been terrible with communication throughout the process - initially wouldn't leave me alone after having requested a quote 12months ago while we were trying to not get a Tesla, and now the opposite, no replies in a few days. Honestly would probably choose an alternative provider if my employer was OK with it, but they are the only ones I can use, so I guess I'll just suck it up and start getting cranky with them as EDD looms.

They have been terrible with communication throughout the process - initially wouldn't leave me alone after having requested a quote 12months ago while we were trying to not get a Tesla, and now the opposite, no replies in a few days. Honestly would probably choose an alternative provider if my employer was OK with it, but they are the only ones I can use, so I guess I'll just suck it up and start getting cranky with them as EDD looms.
Name and shame. I’ll do the opposite.
I had the choice of Leaseplan and Orix and both of them were prompt with quotes. Orix ended up with my business and honestly they’ve been faultless. Huge fan of my rep and how quick and thorough she is.
There’s another dude my colleagues have had and they swear by him too, so all in all all good.

I'm from Brissy so might be slightly different. Ordered a Quicksilver MYLR on 06/04. Delivery date went missing on the app today as well but I also received a text this afternoon saying my delivery location has changed. I think this is good news for you guys as well - likely on their way. Still no vin though.
This does give me hope! Thanks for sharing:)

My EDD of “Apr - June 2024” also disappeared today and has been replaced with “We’ll notify you when it’s time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks”. Idk what this means. Order placed 04/04/24 for Quicksilver MYLR black interior and 19” Gemini’s.
Called Tesla. Person = very helpful. Information I was given = disappointing (but at least I am informed and have the facts). Outcome = Quicksilver cars are in short supply and LR in Quicksilver more so. EDD removed because car is not on next shipment / no firm automated forecast. Was told not to expect car before June.

• Informative
Reactions: Sturty
Called Tesla. Person = very helpful. Information I was given = disappointing (but at least I am informed and have the facts). Outcome = Quicksilver cars are in short supply and LR in Quicksilver more so. EDD removed because car is not on next shipment / no firm automated forecast. Was told not to expect car before June.
I wonder what the times are for a MY LR in White. Interesting times ;-)

Reactions: AkaJoonbuggy
Don’t be too depressed, we knew that
The next shipment as far as they’re concerned is the still not unloaded morning crystal.
At this point it is physically improbable to expect it before June as we have no allocated vehicle.
5ish weeks end to end, it’s just a matter of when that 5 weeks starts.

If they’re right with the timing, Paganella refirms as the possible vessel which will end up being an early July delivery.

Reactions: AkaJoonbuggy
Armacup updated.

I’m starting to think Turandot is the second Model 3 vessel that most of you with the most recent EDD update. Could be something else though.

Paganella no longer stopping at Xiamen. I further believe the pending Model Ys most of us are waiting for will be on that. Due in Fremantle 16/6.
Expect a first week of July delivery - this tracks with every little hint and prediction and timeframe we’ve all been given. It also COULD explain why the EDDs have disappeared - it’ll fall outside even the June window.

Again, just my tea leaf reading and I could be wrong, either I’m wrong about Turandot or about Walrus. They can’t both have these Model 3’s on them!

Dazmac not updated yet.

It appears most of us who don’t already have Model Ys on vessels or aren’t ordering inventory have blank EDDs. If anyone is contrary to this please advise for my still to be created spreadsheet.

People interstate are now getting blank EDDs too.

I was considering jumping from quicksilver to ultra red if it was a specific quicksilver delay; but nah it appears we’re all in the same position. I reckon I knew that as some of you are waiting for LRs or MYPs