Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I said to the guy at Tesla today that ive heard people waiting over 9months for one and he said yes thats people who ordered earlier in the year but delivery times have improved now? I dont know what to believe? lol, stuff it ill just order it.
I ordered 9 Feb red RWD Brisbane - still waiting, a baby takes less time!!!

I’m 99% certain my M3 departed Shanghai on the Don Juan.

Latest update - the Don Juan left Port Kembla last night, and is bound for Port Melbourne. It’s scheduled arrival now in Port Melbourne is 25/11! That’s a 3 day journey when until yesterday was supposed to only take one day and dock early tomorrow morning.

Perhaps the tugboat / industrial dispute is delaying the port movements. It seems odd that the Don Juan was roaming around off shore at Port Kembla for a number of days.

Tesla have updated my EDD to Nov 23 - Dec 7. So either the car came off at Port Kembla and is being trucked down to Melbourne, or the updated Tesla estimate remains “optimistic”.

Reactions: JessicaDeleeuw
Is there anyway to find out what Tesla will offer you for existing car (trade in price).

I ordered RWD in late June and is still Feb-May. The trade in price of my existing car (not a Tesla) is still pending but it would be good to understand roughly what they would offer or if I try and sell privately in advance. We could potentially sell now and get by with one car for now hence it would be good to know. Guessing I just have to wait?
I went through their system and got offered $18k for my car. It was only about a one business day turnaround.
In fact, given I had a 2 week delivery window, the guys at Tesla had to reset my profile capacity on the system to request a trade in price (done immediately while on the phone), which they duly did (and I appreciated they did so).
I have it on carsales for $28k currently.

A friend traded his car in September as part of his purchase. Was happy to accept saying it was in the (lower) bounds of what carsales estimated he'd receive/expect.

Latest update - the Don Juan left Port Kembla last night, and is bound for Port Melbourne. It’s scheduled arrival now in Port Melbourne is 25/11! That’s a 3 day journey when until yesterday was supposed to only take one day and dock early tomorrow morning.

Perhaps the tugboat / industrial dispute is delaying the port movements. It seems odd that the Don Juan was roaming around off shore at Port Kembla for a number of days.

Tesla have updated my EDD to Nov 23 - Dec 7. So either the car came off at Port Kembla and is being trucked down to Melbourne, or the updated Tesla estimate remains “optimistic”.
I might have to go all Monty Python-esque for a moment....
"Oh...how I would DREAM of having a car on a ship roaming around off shore.... luxury!"
😉
Seriously tho, I hope you get it soon 👍

Just checked vessel finder. My read of it says Don Juan is due to arrive in Melbourne at 5am on 23rd/11, which seems more in keeping with the pace of its progress? Not sure what you're reading, but perhaps that takes into account sitting off the coast waiting for a birth?

Like you, the EDD on my car has shifted to 23/11 - 7/12.
My best guess is it might be early next week, which is a little bit of a shame as I have a bit of driving to do this weekend down the coast.
See you out at the Old NEC factory.......or on the road around our hood at least!

Just checked vessel finder. My read of it says Don Juan is due to arrive in Melbourne at 5am on 23rd/11, which seems more in keeping with the pace of its progress? Not sure what you're reading, but perhaps that takes into account sitting off the coast waiting for a birth?

Like you, the EDD on my car has shifted to 23/11 - 7/12.
My best guess is it might be early next week, which is a little bit of a shame as I have a bit of driving to do this weekend down the coast.
See you out at the Old NEC factory.......or on the road around our hood at least!
Yeah when the ship is near the shore most of the tracking apps give you positioning for free.

QLD, NSW and Victoria have schedules of incoming and outgoing vessels publicly available. Once the vessel arrival date is close I reckon they’re the most reliable sources of dates.

QLD: https://qships.tmr.qld.gov.au/webx/
Port Kembla: Daily Vessel Movements
Victoria: Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne

Reactions: voltz
Question for the battle hardened on here;

EDD is 20/11-4/12, obviously a few days into that already and so far without any option to schedule a delivery. Is that the normal way of things - inside the EDD range without further detail?

Has anyone found their EDD pushed back when already in that date range?

Damn my Perth EDD just moved from 21st Nov - 4th Dec to 5th Dec - 19th Dec, I know the dates are going to jump around but this jump seems excessive considering the cars are in Perth.

They just can't deliver them due to the number of Model Y's they are delivering at the moment, not enough staff to detail, register them and the delivery slots at the delivery centre.

Reactions: blubbernator

EDD is 20/11-4/12, obviously a few days into that already and so far without any option to schedule a delivery. Is that the normal way of things - inside the EDD range without further detail?

Yes see my last post, we were in the EDD here in Perth and it just changed to dates after the EDD, actually worse than the first EDD we got of 3rd Dec - 17th Dec by a few days.

Back to Model 3's: 😬

I saw a video of a brand new German delivered, Shanghai built Model 3, and there was one interesting thing that i have not really seen discussed anywhere. It's not just the missing USS and upgraded camera's that are different... They have also implemented the Superhorn, that's been rumored a while ago. Essentially, the horn has been replaced with a loudspeaker - i guess the boombox and horn are one now - Superhorn. Seems to sound very artificial unfortunately.

If you are interested this is the german video, no subs available. :
Those 2 cars have been built one day appart.

I wonder if our cars will keep all the old stuff including cameras & horn.
What has been told about the cameras? Watched this with auto-generated eng subtitles, but didn't find any discussion about the camera upgrade.

That was the EDD for Melbourne M3's until yesterday, mine included. Has yours now pushed back by 3 days to 23/11-7/12?
Our cars are on the Don Juan we believe which left Port Kembla (NSW) overnight. Should be in Port Melb docks later this week.