Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, just an update on my stock standard m3.
I received a delivery date last Tuesday with ONLY options for delivery being Friday or Saturday.

I took time off work and went Friday 11am to pick up from Mulgrave (VIC).

Really couldn't spot any issues at all. did my walk around and usual check. Charge cable was in boot so that's lovely.Signing up to premium connectivity for sure. immediate came home and put on WiFi and it downloaded an update- the one with apple music, albeit I am waiting for YouTube music coz I still believe YouTube sub is most bang for buck lol

so far all is well, noticed immediately I'll need mudflaps so ordered Basenor ones as they seem to not need drill holes.

My kid was hitting back passenger seat so ordered a protector. got stock tesla shop console trays. so far everything else is OK. just enjoying it before someone scratches it at my grocery shop lol

all in all, it happened so bloody quick from waiting forever to "come pick up now or else". I have android z fold and it refused to connect to Bluetooth, took a fair few goes. oh and range on pick up with full charge was something like 428km and it had 6km on odo
I had the same issue with Bluetooth the update fixed it. Also make sure you enable all permissions for the Tesla app in your phone that can impact connection as well

Merry Christmas everyone, and condolences to everyone who (like me) was hoping for a Model 3 under the Christmas tree.

At least the MSC Immacolata has just docked in Port Kembla.
Screenshot_20221225-124303_Firefox.jpg

Merry Christmas Team!
As a present to my self, I bottomed out my Model 3... and there is a crack on the underneath left side between both wheels. I will duck tape it, but is it worth a more permanent fix? Can't find anything relevant on the web.
Hoping the new year will bring many Tesla's to you all

As a present to my self, I bottomed out my Model 3... and there is a crack on the underneath left side between both wheels. I will duck tape it, but is it worth a more permanent fix? Can't find anything relevant on the web.
If you cracked the fascia diffuser (big plastic piece between the wheels and from the back of the car forwards about a metre) then I have one for free because I bought one with a door when installing a towbar on my 3LR. Problem it is in Sydney and too big to freight.

Well, maybe I should have used a checklist at delivery. I missed some transit damage to the sideskirts, which I only saw today when I sat on the garage floor to put my shoes on before mowing the lawn. I checked the bumpers but missed the sideskirts as it was parked between two other cars. To their credit, I logged a service request in the app and Tesla Service were at my house before I finished mowing, and they have ordered the parts and booked the repairs. Can't complain about that service. The service tech said that in his experience CEVA likely would have fobbed me off to Tesla even if I had noticed before I left the depot. Most importantly, there is no damage to the undercarriage.

View attachment 888207

View attachment 888208
I checked mine after seeing your post. On one side I had a gouge in the plastic but no paint damages fortunately.

Seems they're a bit rough getting them off the boats.

Just got the delivery text - earliest available is January 28th at Mt Gravatt.

I've booked it but I'm going to wait for the manager to call me back tomorrow to see what kind of compensation Telsa are willing to offer. Just having the money out of my account is costing my $200/month in interest so they had best come to the table with something.

I couldn't have cared less about the delay if I hadn't have been fooled into paying in full. That's the issue here for me, well that and a blatant lack of communication for customers who are spending between $60-110k each!

Now that the MSC Immacolata now docked in Pt Kembla I hope you guy’s don’t have to wait over one month for collection, as I have to in Brisbane. What a joke to not have transport organised and or staff to carry out pre delivery work or whatever reason to take that long from ship arrival to collection in Brisbane. Good luck NSW and merry Christmas to all.

Now that the MSC Immacolata now docked in Pt Kembla I hope you guy’s don’t have to wait over one month for collection, as I have to in Brisbane. What a joke to not have transport organised and or staff to carry out pre delivery work or whatever reason to take that long from ship arrival to collection in Brisbane. Good luck NSW and merry Christmas to all.
Frustrating but difficult to arrange transport and staff when the shipping and docking is unpredictable.

I hate to say this , but deliveries will stretch well into Feb for NSW

Is it just due to the SMS they sent earlier regarding port congestion or any other reason?
The cars will only be moved during the new year. We can expect first deliveries during the second week of Jan. There are 3000+ cars. 4 delivery centers, Alexandria, chatswood, Parramatta and miranda. So do the math of cars per transporter*transporters per day and it will become obvious.

The bottleneck ultimately is transporters and delivery center turnover.

The cars will only be moved during the new year. We can expect first deliveries during the second week of Jan. There are 3000+ cars. 4 delivery centers, Alexandria, chatswood, Parramatta and miranda. So do the math of cars per transporter*transporters per day and it will become obvious.

The bottleneck ultimately is transporters and delivery center turnover.
There are some for ACT, Mel and SA. As MSC would go back to Shanghai after unloading.

I’m just speculating here, but I’ve got a feeling the output from Giga Shanghai is going to reduce rather significantly over the next 6 weeks or so, maybe longer? China is getting there ass handed to them with Covid, the daily case rate and deaths could possibly get biblical? the chooks are certainly coming home to roost after a 3yr Covid zero policy, this basically is just their 1st proper wave, so it won’t be pretty, but I could be wrong? I heard the factory had a closed loop so they might be ok?🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Ryanjava
I’m just speculating here, but I’ve got a feeling the output from Giga Shanghai is going to reduce rather significantly over the next 6 weeks or so, maybe longer? China is getting there ass handed to them with Covid, the daily case rate and deaths could possibly get biblical? the chooks are certainly coming home to roost after a 3yr Covid zero policy, this basically is just their 1st proper wave, so it won’t be pretty, but I could be wrong? I heard the factory had a closed loop so they might be ok?🤷🏻‍♂️
They closed the factory for christmas. There will be a bit of a slow down but looks like they have been hammering the australian wait list recently.

The Chinese don’t celebrate Xmas, it’s not usually closed this time of year, if that’s true then why would they do that?
The suspend was announced in early Dec and we have talked about it here.

No official announcement to reveal the reasons but everyone knows:

1, Excessive production capacity (due to upgrade)
2, Slumped domestic demand due to competition and economy.
3, COVID relaxation boosts both above.

And this is mainly for model Y AFAIK.

Reactions: ARON44