Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Do you have a rough idea how much the penalty is?
Its minor but its still there.

Maybe it opens doors for a M3P+ model in the future from Tesla or a third party semi endorsed thing like HSV and GM where:

1. Turf the Tesla brake rotors which are needlessly heavy and of a poor metallurgy/heat treatment being cast cheap junkish and spend a few thousand on proper two piece race rotors using high carbon more expensive alloys for the rotor and lightweight aluminium race style hats, spend time and money on heat treatment processing etc
2. Use say forged magnesium alloy race type wheels
3. Have some aero enhancements front, side, etc

So doing better rotors and better wheels all up youd easily be less mass regardless of a gigicast front and rear model 3 over the original body in white with all the stamped and welded and riveted bits. youd have faster acceleration, better cornering and the advantages of minor aero improvements too at speed.

Then like HSV, do maybe a GTSR type version where you ditch the 3D3 front drive unit which is all honesty a bit crappy compared to the higher output carbon fibre hairpin wonder found in the refreshed Model S. Then fit full dynamic active suspension with intelligent dynamics like the refreshed model S. Ohhhh Id be drooling at such a version yeah!

The model S is nice but its just too big and too heavy for a real track based sports car its more of a luxo barge grand tourer type car

Reactions: Zinzilla
I am 12 Oct - 2 Nov for M3P. I have not found a hidden VIN though. Very strange how my dates are one day difference, where is your pickup location?

EDIT: found VIN after using tip above about searching for "insured".
My EDD just changed again today, now 29 Sept to 20 October! and it would be landing in port kembla.

There's also a chrome extension for cheking VIN if you cant be bothered looking through the website code.