Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine hasn’t had a date range for ages, it briefly said Oct-Nov but that went away.
Not sure if that was because mine is one of those orders converted during the transition?
Let’s hope it’s a good sign!
Interesting, mine was still saying Jan-Mar yesterday (I placed my order within hours of the highland being released).

Glad to see I'm not the only one checking daily though :)

Reactions: dronus
Interesting, mine was still saying Jan-Mar yesterday (I placed my order within hours of the highland being released).

Glad to see I'm not the only one checking daily though :)
There is a video on YouTube by WuWa showing thousands of highlands in holding yards and on their way to ports on trucks.
As far as I could see with my squinty eyes I could only see the drivers getting out of the left hand side so probably on their way to Europe?
That’s not to say there wasn’t any RHD there (there were sooooooo many!) or that it indicates the end of a run of LHD and they might move to RHD production, who knows? I’m guessing they do them in batches, but these days again I’m guessing they are probably very nimble. The scale is amazing!
Yes, it’s multiple times a day checking for me haha.

Yeah, I have the same suspicion, EU first (and they had earlier delivery dates) then RHD, but also heard recently that the first RHD Highland was spotted in Japan (showroom from memory?) so I'm hoping they've now switched to RHD production and our showroom models should be arriving shortly followed with (or even alongside) the first customer deliveries. (I suspect those who already had orders in place will be first in line).

All pure speculation at this point of course.

Yeah, I have the same suspicion, EU first (and they had earlier delivery dates) then RHD, but also heard recently that the first RHD Highland was spotted in Japan (showroom from memory?) so I'm hoping they've now switched to RHD production and our showroom models should be arriving shortly followed with (or even alongside) the first customer deliveries. (I suspect those who already had orders in place will be first in line).

All pure speculation at this point of course.
If they are going to throw a couple of RHD down the line might as well throw a few thousand and fill the boat up :)

From the experience I had with my current M3 - they do run them in LHD/RHD batches and then even by RWD, LR & Performance sub batches. I had a seven’ish month wait for my M3, back then. Ordered in Feb ‘22, with an initial three month wait. The wait was then pushed out a number of times (the Model Y builds started and then the upgrade of the Model 3 line too), finally getting the car towards the end Sep-22.

The only thing I can say is, the cars do eventually get here but during this time you also learn some new skills, like how to search for your VIN (on Tesla webpage and the national VIN database) and use the shipping apps to locate the various RORO’s that leave Shanghai. @Vedaprime used to provide a paid service to track all of that for you? I’m not sure if they still offer that service or not?

Also, getting mad at the Tesla reps will rarely get you anywhere (as they often have less idea than you - you’ll probably have better knowledge after all the extra research you end up doing) and a little patience helps…but you often can’t help getting frustrated.

These were just my experiences, it could all be different now.

Ive just received my final invoice for M3 RWD. Purchased on the 31/8/23. Estimated Del date is Oct 2 - 23. Build date is 27/08/2023.
I have just found that the car carrier has docked in Brisbane (thankfully Im also in Brisbane). Can anyone advise how long it will take for delivery?
Im pretty excited as I have a trip planned. It would be brilliant to take it for a spin.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Ive just received my final invoice for M3 RWD. Purchased on the 31/8/23. Estimated Del date is Oct 2 - 23. Build date is 27/08/2023.
I have just found that the car carrier has docked in Brisbane (thankfully Im also in Brisbane). Can anyone advise how long it will take for delivery?
Im pretty excited as I have a trip planned. It would be brilliant to take it for a spin.

Is that a Highland?
I'm assuming it was existing inventory 2023 model?

I have just checked the invoice and its a 2023 model - so not highland. It must have been one of the last off the production line. Has anyone got a later build date?
Yeah from what I understand they were doing half 2024 and half 2023 during the change over period around then so I'm guessing it'd have to be one of the last of the 2023.

I ordered mine on 1 Sept, don't have a build date as yet.

Yeah from what I understand they were doing half 2024 and half 2023 during the change over period around then so I'm guessing it'd have to be one of the last of the 2023.

I ordered mine on 1 Sept, don't have a build date as yet.
My order went in 18/8 so like 10 days before the one above haha but yeah Tesla made me upgrade to highland or cancel, so here I am.

Reactions: Jules22
Hi, yeah I too noticed the Jan-Mar 2024 delivery window disappeared from my account page. Hopefully it means it is possibly coming sooner, but after my MYP order last year, I fear it might be the opposite. Still, I’d rather be optimistic than pessimistic 😊 Would love to get it before the end of the year.

Who here’s novated leasing theirs? All the numbers for me seem to stack up.

Hi, yeah I too noticed the Jan-Mar 2024 delivery window disappeared from my account page. Hopefully it means it is possibly coming sooner, but after my MYP order last year, I fear it might be the opposite. Still, I’d rather be optimistic than pessimistic 😊 Would love to get it before the end of the year.

Who here’s novated leasing theirs? All the numbers for me seem to stack up.
Yep I’m notating this one, makes pretty good financial sense :)
New orders are still saying Jan-March but here’s hoping they keep pumping out the LHD for Europe to get their numbers up then look towards RHD. It would be good to get it by the end of the year but who knows. This is the longest I’ve had to wait for a car, gives me an opportunity to practice patience :)
Inventory stock of 2023 models in SA are pretty dynamic but the prices are the same or more than highland models. Supply and demand I guess. Looks like most of them have been optioned up with white interior and/or bigger wheels.
Used inventory stock now come with 5000km free supercharging.