Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN checking is from the opposite standpoint to you guys, I’m checking it hoping that I don’t get one yet… nervously waiting getting something fixed on my current car in time before I trade it in 😂
I just put another 3 months rego on my current car, maybe i should have gone 12months with this lack of vins haha

I just put another 3 months rego on my current car, maybe i should have gone 12months with this lack of vins haha
Yeah, mine runs out on the 22 Jan, NSW only lets you do 6 months minimum so I really don't want to keep it past around the 18th unless we have a lot longer wait than expected. (was too lazy to convert the rego to ACT, especially the stupid idea I would need to get a roadworthy on a 4 year old car)

Really hoping we get some dates soon so I can finalise the sale and work out what I'm doing between the sale of the old and pickup of the new.

Reactions: dronus
Yeah, mine runs out on the 22 Jan, NSW only lets you do 6 months minimum so I really don't want to keep it past around the 18th unless we have a lot longer wait than expected.

Really hoping we get some dates soon so I can finalise the sale and work out what I'm doing between the sale of the old and pickup of the new.
Mine has been relegated to the road now. There is a very good chance it will melt before I get the chance to sell it. I assume that would qualify as an insurance write-off.

Yeah, mine runs out on the 22 Jan, NSW only lets you do 6 months minimum so I really don't want to keep it past around the 18th unless we have a lot longer wait than expected.

Yeah mine was due 24 Jan i doubt ill have the new car by then but im happy to be proven wrong :)
I wanted to trade it in or sell it by the delivery date but being that i still have nfi when that is i just saved up to pay out the NL so i still have a car.
Worse case scenario i put it in the shed, give it to the kids or sell it and start the new chapter :)

Reactions: PcS000
How did it go? Keen to find out how the prints went - might have to looking into printing some :)
They came out great, now I'm printing the centre console tray, should be finished in about 7hrs.

IMG_1220.jpeg
IMG_1221.jpeg

It is ridiculously hot in Brisbane atm. I'm not sure I even want to leave the house even with a new car. Though would be silly not to.

Without wanting to annoy those waiting for VINs, and apologies for showing off a little, I had a play with the car yesterday evening and some things I thought worth sharing;

The Horn: La Cucaracha is by far the most fun noise a car has ever made. Hands down, cannot be beaten.
Fart: Love the fact that I can make my car fart from the app whenever I want. And to think people say that Elon Musk isn't serious about cars.
Speakers: I was worried about taking a hit on speakers when I switched to RWD. Worried for nothing. The sound system is awesome. Best I have had in a car by miles.
Seats: Very nice, I saw a few sniffy reviews, but don't understand that, they are awesome to sit in and feel very premium.
Thunk: Can't find the setting to make the doors sound less German, but will have to live with the Deutsch thunk as it is as good as any Mercedes and scares my dog - which is a good thing.

It is ridiculously hot in Brisbane atm. I'm not sure I even want to leave the house even with a new car. Though would be silly not to.

Without wanting to annoy those waiting for VINs, and apologies for showing off a little, I had a play with the car yesterday evening and some things I thought worth sharing;

The Horn: La Cucaracha is by far the most fun noise a car has ever made. Hands down, cannot be beaten.
Fart: Love the fact that I can make my car fart from the app whenever I want. And to think people say that Elon Musk isn't serious about cars.
Speakers: I was worried about taking a hit on speakers when I switched to RWD. Worried for nothing. The sound system is awesome. Best I have had in a car by miles.
Seats: Very nice, I saw a few sniffy reviews, but don't understand that, they are awesome to sit in and feel very premium.
Thunk: Can't find the setting to make the doors sound less German, but will have to live with the Deutsch thunk as it is as good as any Mercedes and scares my dog - which is a good thing.
Show off all you like! I like hearing about it!

So the AC and seats keep up well? Im looking forward to that.

Did your car need any updates overnight?

Definitely keep it up!

We are all living vicariously through you!

Love it, keep sharing more!

They look awesome! Did you try installing them yet? Eagerly awaiting the centre console results, too! :)
I don't have my car yet, earliest will be 18th Jan.

I will post the pics of the console tray when it's done.

Might also print the arm rest tray and and the trunk hook to hanging shopping bags.

Arm Rest Tray: https://www.printables.com/model/60060-arm-rest-console-tray-for-tesla-model-3-my21-print
Trunk Hook: https://www.printables.com/model/204576-tesla-model-3-trunk-hook

I don't have my car yet, earliest will be 18th Jan.

I will post the pics of the console tray when it's done.

Might also print the arm rest tray and and the trunk hook to hanging shopping bags.

Arm Rest Tray: https://www.printables.com/model/60060-arm-rest-console-tray-for-tesla-model-3-my21-print
Trunk Hook: https://www.printables.com/model/204576-tesla-model-3-trunk-hook
I was wondering if the trunk has that exposed thread so we can put the bag hook in there….

@Murphster can you see one in there?
Might also need to take it for another drive too

Reactions: edy80y
How about we all fly up to brisbane, pick up our cars, have a massive party, then drive back down the east coast in convoy waving off everyone as their cars get to their new cities?
This is an example of a feature that should be offered. If you could pick up your car x weeks earlier, could you select a pick up point - if you’d said that to me, I would have flown up and driven back, great way to spend the break.

This is an example of a feature that should be offered. If you could pick up your car x weeks earlier, could you select a pick up point - if you’d said that to me, I would have flown up and driven back, great way to spend the break.

My last text to Tesla yesterday was "if NL clears the funds prior to the start date of new EDD range, any chance to picking up car earlier?"

Response: "Hi Eddie, we do not recommend asking you leasing company to settle early, this does not speed up delivery. Please complete final payment after we have sent you a text to schedule in for delivery."

This is an example of what I shouldn't need to be doing, being the middle man and passing information back and forth. Not my job, I just want to drive the damn thing.

Reactions: dronus
I would too.
The people working in the brisbane delivery centres probably wouldnt share our enthusiasm thiugh haha

Reactions: GE33EK