Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a photograph - at risk of this being splashed all over Carsguide.com.au

The shelf itself is thin and flimsy, I am guessing plastic covered in light material, and seems to be molded, you can see where the little flap/door whatever it is called is situation, they seem to have shaped the shelf down to incorporate the metal hook.

I am going to guess that rather than cut a new hole this is a replacement shelf. Which shouldn't be difficult one would think, and they are lightweight and easy to ship. Surely something that can be sent over in the hold of a plane?

Or actually, maybe they can just cut a new hole for ones in country, it may not be pretty but it doesn't have to be. There is no law about having to have neat pretty holes in the rear shelf.

View attachment 1009686

Seems an easy fix but I guess we wait and see. You haven’t heard anything about a recall on your car yet? @Murphster

Reactions: Murphster
Picked up today. Can confirm; there is no cut out for the middle child tether, so will assume recall.

There were about 30-40 waiting for collection at Tesla Miranda, interestingly wasn’t a sea of white, mixture of blue, grey, red and smattering of white.

mats, screen protector, USB HD all worked and fit. Still waiting on hub caps and vent covers.

Haven’t found one weird squeak or noise anywhere. Thunk is good. Update had to be applied when I got home.

Picked up today. Can confirm; there is no cut out for the middle child tether, so will assume recall.

There were about 30-40 waiting for collection at Tesla Miranda, interestingly wasn’t a sea of white, mixture of blue, grey, red and smattering of white.

mats, screen protector, USB HD all worked and fit. Still waiting on hub caps and vent covers.

Haven’t found one weird squeak or noise anywhere. Thunk is good. Update had to be applied when I got home.
IBTB !!

Wait my car is at Miranda probably?

Reactions: dronus
Could potentially just be a matter of swapping in the shelf of the current M3 if they are the same size.
That makes a lot of sense, and I don't see why they wouldn't be exactly the same.

In fact, they could just call out to existing M3 owners in Australia and offer them 12 months FSD to swap their shelf at their local Tesla dealership with the new one.

• Funny
Reactions: DeguLama and dronus
That makes a lot of sense, and I don't see why they wouldn't be exactly the same.

In fact, they could just call out to existing M3 owners in Australia and offer them 12 months FSD to swap their shelf at their local Tesla dealership with the new one.
And add one of those cool tesla coffee thermos and i will forget this whole thing happened..

• Funny
Reactions: Murphster
I have nfi how ANCAP ratings are granted but, Shirley there is a local body who does this, if so do they not inspect the car physically or did the M3H automatically retain the pre-facelift model? And then this #tethergate issue came to surface and they start to sh1t bricks?

Otherwise, where is the spokesperson of ANCAP to explain who missed the missing flap during inspection, and then signed off on the 5-star rating for the M3H sales to go ahead?

I have nfi how ANCAP ratings are granted but, Shirley there is a local body who does this, if so do they not inspect the car physically or did the M3H automatically retain the pre-facelift model? And then this #tethergate issue came to surface and they start to sh1t bricks?

Otherwise, where is the spokesperson of ANCAP to explain who missed the missing flap during inspection, and then signed off on the 5-star rating for the M3H sales to go ahead?
I dont think the cars are actully inspected by au authorities, not even a sample.

All those cars are given to youtube content creators instead

Reactions: Quickst