Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once I was informed that the my car had arrived in Australia, I went to Freo port and registered this beauties. My delivery date is still from 21st January... It's is such a lose lose scenario keeping these in a warehouse. Everybody loses, I hope some common sense prevails and cars on the country are delivered and "fixed" at a latter date.
This is the level of dedication I appreciate

Attachments

• PXL_20240112_100147292.jpg
    PXL_20240112_100147292.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Love
Reactions: jeevas123
Once I was informed that the my car had arrived in Australia, I went to Freo port and registered this beauties. My delivery date is still from 21st January... It's is such a lose lose scenario keeping these in a warehouse. Everybody loses, I hope some common sense prevails and cars on the country are delivered and "fixed" at a latter date.
And that white one with nova looks good. I don’t regret changing to a white one after wanting to buy a stealth grey. Plus, had I gone with stealth grey, I don’t think I would’ve gotten a car assigned in two days

And that white one with nova looks good. I don’t regret changing to a white one after wanting to buy a stealth grey. Plus, had I gone with stealth grey, I don’t think I would’ve gotten a car assigned in two days
Such lucky fellow.... Some one changed their mind which played in favour of you...Super'

Been waiting since 1st Sep without any complaint for White LR no customization whatsoever...;)

Reactions: Rosier
On an unrelated note to take your mind off the anxiety multiplying situation, Planning to get a brushless 1/2" impact wrench skin(ozito) and also a used 18" space saver. Already have puncture repair kit and has experience in changing tyre as well as repairing puncture and filling air with my Xiaomi rechargeable air compressor.

Any advice or comments??

Reactions: edy80y
On an unrelated note to take your mind off the anxiety multiplying situation, Planning to get a brushless 1/2" impact wrench skin(ozito) and also a used 18" space saver. Already have puncture repair kit and has experience in changing tyre as well as repairing puncture and filling air with my Xiaomi rechargeable air compressor.

Any advice or comments??
Doing similar but without the space saver.

Puncture repair kit
Xiaomi inflator
Jack with pads
Impact driver

Interesting to see that cars with 'Photon' wheels travel without aero covers in place. Note to self: look under the covers before accepting delivery!

Any advice or comments??
Can’t beat a good old spare. But if you’re comfortable doing a road plug, carry that with you. The one time I had a puncture, it was on the left front and I found it easier to plug it and pump it.

Right now when I drive up to QLD(I’m from Melbourne) I take a full size spare in addition to my space saver on my Mazda. I also take a trolley jack from work and my Milwaukee half inch (I’m a mechanic by trade and yes I bought a Tesla. do laugh 😂)

SpaceSaver is in back burner...just looking for some used nearby for affordable price.

Didn't think about the Jack. Which one is preferred? I should have kept the whole toolkit from by written off car.
Still looking at jacks, mostly those electric ones with a vertical piston (haven't read reviews/videos yet though).

I'm waiting to find out the clearance under the car with consideration of the jack pads. Then I will shop around.

Any advice or comments??
I have a rechargeable compressor and ill grab a new plug kit. If its something i cant fix with that ill be calling roadside service. Actually, being a lease ill prefer roadside service.
I dont fancy carrying around any extra weight if i can help it, gives me more battery for skidz.

Can’t beat a good old spare. But if you’re comfortable doing a road plug, carry that with you. The one time I had a puncture, it was on the left front and I found it easier to plug it and pump it.

Right now when I drive up to QLD(I’m from Melbourne) I take a full size spare in addition to my space saver on my Mazda. I also take a trolley jack from work and my Milwaukee half inch (I’m a mechanic by trade and yes I bought a Tesla. do laugh 😂)
That makes sense. A used full size wheel is much better than a space saver. And you don't have to take it with you all the time.

I was thinking about a compact trolley jack when some thing special comes on repco or supercheap. Is it hard to maintain a trolley jack compared to normal scissor cut jack as it will be sitting idle most of the time?

Was also thinking about a simple jack somehow hook it with the impact driver for a stress free operation.

So HW3.5 is HW4 computer minus front bumper camera and radar or is it HW3 Computer plus better cameras?

Even though HW4 computer won't feel better now or even worse compared to HW3 now it has potential to be a lot better in a couple of months/years.

20 core cpu vs 12 core cpu
3 NN cores vs 2NN cores
14nm vs TSMC 7nm(much lower power)

Not that It makes a lot of difference for people like me who don't have any plan to subscribe to FSD. But still feels good to know the full technical specs for inner techie..:)
No HW3.5 which technically doesn't exist is the model Y in the US with HW3 computer and HW4 cameras.

New M3 is pure HW4