Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did a dummy quote with NRMA for MY24 RWD M3H (quote will expire before I can get vehicle so hopefully doesn't rise too much).

Male driver in the ACT, 0 accidents/claims in the last 5 years. Standard excess ($950). They've bet every other quote by a lot.

View attachment 1010795
I got pretty close, country NSW (on the ACT direction) about $100 more. I saw someone said they got a good quote from AAMI this morning, bloody hell, mine came back $4,700 - double checked I had entered all the details correct. NRMA for the win. NL company use Allianz and it’s about the same price in their quote…. Though reading the PDS there are a lot of exclusions I want to check if they are the norm these days (like not being covered if your car is damaged in a riot or any civil unrest (which by their definition seems to include an average protest)

The SA also mentioned that its looking like the shelf mods will be done as part of a recall then pre delivery for the other ones.

He also dropped that its looking like the new performance will be a tri motor.

Niiiice.
So those taken delivery are prioritised via recall, and once they’re sorted the pre delivery cars (like mine) are done next then delivered to me, so I’m/were not required to come back for another recall, right?

So those taken delivery are prioritised via recall, and once they’re sorted the pre delivery cars (like mine) are done next then delivered to me, so I’m/were not required to come back for another recall, right?
I reckon it will depend on the people who already took delivery of their cars. If I was on that boat it would be highly inconvenient for me to drop my car off at a service centre for something that doesn’t even concern me. Unless they offer the fix via a mobile service call. If I had to drop my car off, I will delay the service call as long as I legally can.

Reactions: StealthGrey
“Highland was supposed to be the first recipient of Hardware Version 4, with much higher resolution cameras, 12 rather than 9 of the latter, faster computing hardware, and HD Radar. But there was no sign that the car I drove had these upgrades, although camera views looked clearer. It had Full Self Driving, but for now this doesn’t include Autopark, Summon or Smart Summon, because Tesla hasn’t gotten these working with cameras only yet.”

Quote from a Forbes Article dated 03 Dec 23
These were all early guesses and rumours that got debunked long ago.

The M3H specs are well known now

None have been delivered in adelaide so that probably explains why our dates havent changed, or have moved forward. My delivery range starts next saturday so as long as the parts get here they can do it this week without having to wait for any delivered cars.

Reactions: Rosier
The SA also mentioned that its looking like the shelf mods will be done as part of a recall then pre delivery for the other ones.

He also dropped that its looking like the new performance will be a tri motor.

Niiiice.
Ohh ok it sounds like they are seeking permission to continue to deliver cars and recall them later for the mod?
Did i read that correctly?

Looks like the US version of the M3H is getting two extra air bags (knees) and an extra indicator light on the wheel -4 below.

No word on what it'll do, currently non functional.

Also conflicting information on if the next batches out of shanghai have these

1705808851986.png

Looks like the US version of the M3H is getting two extra air bags (knees) and an extra indicator light on the wheel -4 below.

View attachment 1010855
That’s just to mark what the control wheel does. Just like 5 to show that the right side control wheel controls cruise/autopilot.

View attachment 1010855
The AU manual also shows No. 4 too. Not sure if it was previously omitted though

Ahh, then it appears illuminated in marketing images but 4 is not.
The car I test drove, didn’t have the label on the left side at all. So I assume they updated the steering wheel buttons and labels recently. Some reviewers, and me on my test drive, confused it to be the autopilot button, I then quickly realised it’s actually the label for the wheel because it didn’t have any tactic feedback, and it was oddly placed.