Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone received delivery booking for Firmament ACE Melbourne?

Original estimate since January 3rd was Feb 04 - Feb 25

Just updated to Feb 16th - March 17 which seems insane seeing how the unloading has happend.

Order placed 29/09

LR/Black/Black/18”

Anyone received delivery booking for Firmament ACE Melbourne?

Original estimate since January 3rd was Feb 04 - Feb 25

Just updated to Feb 16th - March 17 which seems insane seeing how the unloading has happend.

Order placed 29/09

LR/Black/Black/18”
This is what people were getting today in Melbourne. Since that March 17 looks quite depressing, I was trying to put some hope in their souls by saying that it is their KPI tuning, they shift the delivery range to the later dates and then make you book the delivery on one of the first days of it so it looks like they are overachieving the deliveries.

Reactions: bsbh
PSA for those waiting for deliveries in QLD and have their cars on FAce.
FAce is scheduled to dock early morning 07/02 and start unloading from 07/02 - 08/02 on Berth 1, Fisherman Islands Cargo Terminal.
Gracious ACE occupies Berth 1 and is expected to depart by 11:00 PM 06/02.

More info here: You are being redirected...

1707192994581.png

I was hoping to get the car before the end of my annual leave in a few weeks, which is now unlikely. Its not an issue for me as I dont actually 'need' a car until the end of the year.

But you know what its like when you order something, my impatient monkey brain wants it yesterday...
I was in the same boat. Luckily ive had it for a week before i go back to work but its motivating me to book my next holiday away from work, which is a saving grace hahaha...

Hi All,

Date the ship unloads doesnt mean anything. My M3 was unloaded on 28th Jan and delivery is March . 6 weeks from unloading to delivery
It means that your car passed one more bottleneck, and has one less bottleneck to pass. The question is about the total number of bottlenecks. My guess is you (and likely me, again, assuming they passed the quarantine, haven't been damaged on the way etc) have three more: (1) moving the car to the delivery centre; (2) replacing that stoopid shelf; (3) scheduling, preparing and doing the delivery itself. Again, (1) can be scheduled at least roughly, and we have no access to the schedule, and the capacity of those trucks is small, so you would expect a week, two, three, four for that, because there are indeed lots of cars to deliver. 500 cars is 100 trucks, and there are probably 10 trucks max doing the trips between Mel and Adl. Then, I do not think that (2) and (3) are done according to the schedule or anything. People here sincerely believe that there are packs of teslas popping out of delivery centres 24 hours a day and the packs are transported by supersonic aircraft with filtered air inside, meanwhile there were photos of teslas parked in fairly remote locations under rain and all possible elements waiting to be moved to the delivery centres.
So again, we need to manage our expectations. I know it is frustrating to wait for so long. If the delivery range moves to the later dates, it is absolutely normal. If the delivery range moves closer, it is a pleasant gift and huge luck and hurray.

Yep they do, but with white interior and nova wheels. Happy to do a deal with them! 😅
I'm assuming, they can't change wheels?
Maybe they can, but repainting the interior is beyond their abilities :)
Anyway, serious question - do they stick to the issued VINs? Or they will give you a different car with your configuration if it is available in the inventory?

Last edited:
Reactions: dronus