Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys getting your windows tinted? If so, how much and what kind of tint (carbon/ceramic)?. I got quoted for $695 in NSW for ceramic tint from tint haus.
This was a quote I got back from TalkTint in Melbourne;
Thank you for reaching out. We have significant experience with tinting Teslas, they are however slightly different to quote versus other cars. They are particularly difficult and time consuming to tint because of the shape and curve of the windows. We will only use the high end CIR Ceramic film because of its ability to be highly heated and manipulated to fit the unique Tesla curves. They are definitely not a car to be tinted by the inexperienced or light-hearted!

We offer a few options in regards to the roof.

CIR Ceramic Prices:

Tesla Model 3
Side windows only = $660
Side windows plus 3/4 Roof = $990
Full car including roof = $1450
At the time I thought it was a lot, but maybe its around market price

Reactions: bsbh and Bonquopg
my bro in law at NRMA told me Tesla’s repair takes ages as they are slow to send parts and not many smash repairers know how to repair Teslas in the event of an accident

Going through a not at fault claim with them right now for my Model Y that got side swiped. The first assessor they sent me to luckily doesn’t repair Tesla (was worried since the google reviews were terrible and I didn’t opt in for choice of repairer), but the second assessor had a whole bunch of Teslas in the garage and sounds like they will do a good job. Had to wait a week for NRMA to authorise the repair after the assessment, the parts have been ordered, let’s see if it turns up within a week. Likely drop it off for repairs after I pick up the new Model 3.

I reakon Adelaide could do with a bigger DC and more employees!

Anyone thats been around longer than me might be able to comment on the "seasonality" - if that is a thing? Busy times around refreshed models etc

@paulp @meloccom @cafz @Vostok

Servicing isn't a thing mate.. essentially, all thats required is topping up washer fluid, rotating tyres and changing brake fluid every couple of years.
In 9 years, I’ve had that done plus replace 3 screens, replace the bmu, the bms, the 12v battery, several door handles, front suspension twice, lots of panel realignment, lots of wheel alignment, sub frame alignment, and several recall jobs.

That blue looks sooooooo good!
20240216_220519.jpg

Cheers mate!
I bloody love it 😁
Out and about for a bit of a squirt right now ♥️😁♥️
20240216_221210.jpg

And I absolutely LOVE the white interior!! Such a nice relaxing place to be!!!