Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Sydney Siders,

I have just received a SMS and email prompting me to schedule my delivery. I am booked in for next Thursday. Very excited!

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 11
I just read on a UK thread that there are extended delays on the Red coloured ones because apparently they are out of paint! Sounds surprising but may be there is some truth to it. Is anyone else waiting for a Red car and heard anything similar?

UK cars get shipped from Shanghai too so that's why I picked it up.

Thank god i got a white one haha!
I've decided to stick with the colour I have ordered. The sales advisor told me that they hadn't heard anything of that sort here in Australia. And if I changed the colour now, I'd have to go back to the end of the queue again. And I'd rather not do that, even if that means I'll be wandering the streets of this forum longer than most of you... :(

Last edited:
I've decided to stick with the colour I have ordered. The sales advisor told me that they hadn't heard anything of that sort here in Australia. And if I changed the colour now, I'd have to go back to the end of the queue again. And I'd rather not do that, even if that means I'll wandering the streets of this forum longer than most of you... :(
I'm sure you'll be hearing an update soon - gotta be patient like the rest of us!

I've decided to stick with the colour I have ordered. The sales advisor told me that they hadn't heard anything of that sort here in Australia. And if I changed the colour now, I'd have to go back to the end of the queue again. And I'd rather not do that, even if that means I'll wandering the streets of this forum longer than most of you... :(
Good move, I wouldn't put too much stock in the various rumours that always fly around. It'll get here soon enough and it'll be awesome.

Plus Ultra Red is the best colour! (just don't tell @dronus)

• Funny
Reactions: dronus and kmsyd777
I've decided to stick with the colour I have ordered. The sales advisor told me that they hadn't heard anything of that sort here in Australia. And if I changed the colour now, I'd have to go back to the end of the queue again. And I'd rather not do that, even if that means I'll be wandering the streets of this forum longer than most of you... :(
hmmm. Tesla rep told me that changing the order doesn’t put you back as it’s linked to the original order date. (Up until they’ve assigned a VIN) ive been switching between black and stealth grey like a crackhead since I’ve ordered two weeks ago but not brave enough to change it from here on in.

Reactions: dronus
hmmm. Tesla rep told me that changing the order doesn’t put you back as it’s linked to the original order date. (Up until they’ve assigned a VIN) ive been switching between black and stealth grey like a crackhead since I’ve ordered two weeks ago but not brave enough to change it from here on in.
As long as your RN doesnt change you shoukd be good.

Reactions: smeltitdeltit
I just read on a UK thread that there are extended delays on the Red coloured ones because apparently they are out of paint! Sounds surprising but may be there is some truth to it. Is anyone else waiting for a Red car and heard anything similar?

UK cars get shipped from Shanghai too so that's why I picked it up.
I’ve ordered red and white interior which is also apparently delayed according to reports in the USA, so maybe a double whammy 😢. No change to my order still showing EDD Mar-Apr though.