Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well boys and girls, after a hectic week of work, chasing Tesla to finalise my invoice and getting payments across in time my Red/White LR is here:

View attachment 1028035

Trade in of my 21 SR+ was a breeze. So much more refined than the outgoing model. The sound system actually scares me slightly, holy fark.

Few things I find mildly confusing are the “push to park” on the screen is more like a push, hold, slide and rock? Also wasn’t expecting the ambient lighting to dim in the evening, unless that’s tied to the screen brightness at the mo.

Overall my ordering experience was largely positive. Like a lot of others have said, not much happens for a while and then it all does very quickly.
Your car looks incredible, congrats!

Reactions: vinwhen
Well boys and girls, after a hectic week of work, chasing Tesla to finalise my invoice and getting payments across in time my Red/White LR is here:

View attachment 1028035

Trade in of my 21 SR+ was a breeze. So much more refined than the outgoing model. The sound system actually scares me slightly, holy fark.

Few things I find mildly confusing are the “push to park” on the screen is more like a push, hold, slide and rock? Also wasn’t expecting the ambient lighting to dim in the evening, unless that’s tied to the screen brightness at the mo.

Overall my ordering experience was largely positive. Like a lot of others have said, not much happens for a while and then it all does very quickly.
The push to park yeah it take a little bit to get used too or just unclip your seatbelt and it does it for you. I just touch park and it psrks but ive been doing it a while now.

If the ambient lights are set to auto they will dim at night, they do kinda go dimmer the darker it is around you but thats a good thing. If you want them on, just chsnge them to on.

Looks good, enjoy

I have to say, my wife was wanting the m3, I wanted the seal performance. I went in to the tesla showroom armed with negativity for the new indicator buttons a.d slide transmission choices, to sway my wife to the BYD. Took it out for a drive, after driving the BYD, got back to showroom and put my order in for the tesla. I was surprised as to how easy it was to get used to the new layout. The weirdest thing for me was not having the instrumentation in front of me. I felt like something is missing, it was so open. But, got used to that as well. My daughter has 2021 m3sr, it's chalk and cheese when it comes to ride and noise. I loved it.

Good morning and happy Friday everyone! This might be a silly question or has already been answered before but when the car is delivered, is it charged at 100%? If not, is Tesla offering the first charge for free at their superchargers?
You can request Tesla beforehand to charge your car to 100% upon pick up. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. You don't get a free charge at a supercharger.

You can request Tesla beforehand to charge your car to 100% upon pick up. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. You don't get a free charge at a supercharger.
Thank you. I am picking up mine just before the Easter Long Weekend and I have to travel to the Barossa that day. I know in Europe they don't charge them to 100% and therefore they offer you a free charge at one of their superchargers. I guess people probably have to travel a long way home. Tesla also pumps out a lot more cars per day out of their delivery centres compared to Oz.

I have to say, my wife was wanting the m3, I wanted the seal performance. I went in to the tesla showroom armed with negativity for the new indicator buttons a.d slide transmission choices, to sway my wife to the BYD. Took it out for a drive, after driving the BYD, got back to showroom and put my order in for the tesla. I was surprised as to how easy it was to get used to the new layout. The weirdest thing for me was not having the instrumentation in front of me. I felt like something is missing, it was so open. But, got used to that as well. My daughter has 2921 m3sr, it's chalk and cheese when it comes to ride and noise. I loved it.
good choice.

It was only yesterday when i was corralled in the smoko room by someone armed with some breaking newss that "thats one of those new cars without indicator stalks" and the ensuing "how do you exit roundabouts" routine. I just smile and nod, tell them its not hard to learn a new skill, just have to give it a try.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but needless to say the most vocal about it havent driven one.

Thank you. I am picking up mine just before the Easter Long Weekend and I have to travel to the Barossa that day. I know in Europe they don't charge them to 100% and therefore they offer you a free charge at one of their superchargers. I guess people probably have to travel a long way home. Tesla also pumps out a lot more cars per day out of their delivery centres compared to Oz.
You will be fine to the Barossa without 100%. I regularly drive from near Mclaren Vale to the barossa and back and im no where near needing recharging. Its likely to have around 80%ish.
Have a look on plugshare for chargers on the way home just incase, but you should be fine.
Can always drop into the Churchill centre or Gawler on the way.

You will be fine to the Barossa without 100%. I regularly drive from near Mclaren Vale to the barossa and back and im no where near needing recharging. Its likely to have around 80%ish.
Have a look on plugshare for chargers on the way home just incase, but you should be fine.
Can always drop into the Churchill centre or Gawler on the way.
Great! Thanks for the tips :) I live in Prospect, Churchill Centre is close by but with only 2 RAA Superchargers and being the day before the shops close for the long weekend, many people will likely be using these charges. BTW, this car park is terribly designed! HAHA. I should be fine then.

Reactions: dronus
Great! Thanks for the tips :) I live in Prospect, Churchill Centre is close by but with only 2 RAA Superchargers and being the day before the shops close for the long weekend, many people will likely be using these charges. BTW, this car park is terribly designed! HAHA. I should be fine then.
Yeah youll be fine. Just enjoy driving the car.
As a plan B have a look on plugshare/jolt/evie/chargefox for other nearby chargers and their availility if you need them. Do you have charging sorted out at home?

Would be nice to have more Tesla SC around Adelaide Metro but im grateful for what we have :cool:

Hey folks. While I wait for news about my car, I've started to think about home charging.

My partner and I currently rent, which rules out installing anything. So the plan is to use the standard wall socket charging solution. We have two of these in our garage. One currently powers our garage door and security camera (on a double adaptor), while the other plug is currently powering a small drinks fridge.

What is my best solution here? The ideal solution would be to use the wall socket that has the camera and garage door on it, as that is adjacent to where the socket on the car will be. But is it advisable to charge off a power board? Or would it just mean even slower charging than otherwise?

Or am I stuffed and will have to rely on using charging stations in the local area?

Yeah youll be fine. Just enjoy driving the car.
As a plan B have a look on plugshare/jolt/evie/chargefox for other nearby chargers and their availility if you need them. Do you have charging sorted out at home?

Would be nice to have more Tesla SC around Adelaide Metro but im grateful for what we have :cool:
Yes, I've got the Tesla Home Charger ready! I also convinced my boss to install 2 chargers. A colleague and I both have Teslas and the roof is covered in solar panels. Free charging at work soon :D

No. I wouldn't connect the charger to the power board.

Can you put the power board on the other socket, run your garage door / camera / fridge off that one?
Sadly, no. The second wall socket is on a totally different wall, opposite the nose of the car. And the missus would kill me if I tried to hang and run a long power lead across the length of the garage. 😂

My only other thought is I unplug the garage door and security camera anytime I want to charge. Not ideal, but am starting to think that might be my only option. 😔

I have to say, my wife was wanting the m3, I wanted the seal performance. I went in to the tesla showroom armed with negativity for the new indicator buttons a.d slide transmission choices, to sway my wife to the BYD. Took it out for a drive, after driving the BYD, got back to showroom and put my order in for the tesla. I was surprised as to how easy it was to get used to the new layout.
We had the exact same experience - I was very sceptical about the loss of stalks, physical gear selector and instrument panel, but adapted instantly. A HUD projected on to the windscreen would be nice Additionally, we found the Seal cockpit to be overly busy after the 3. BYD were also painful to deal with to organise the test drive.

Reactions: Wagits and Jules22
I have to say, my wife was wanting the m3, I wanted the seal performance. I went in to the tesla showroom armed with negativity for the new indicator buttons a.d slide transmission choices, to sway my wife to the BYD. Took it out for a drive, after driving the BYD, got back to showroom and put my order in for the tesla. I was surprised as to how easy it was to get used to the new layout. The weirdest thing for me was not having the instrumentation in front of me. I felt like something is missing, it was so open. But, got used to that as well. My daughter has 2021 m3sr, it's chalk and cheese when it comes to ride and noise. I loved it.
That is exactly my experience. I drove the Model 3 hoping I would not like it and then spend less on a Seal. The driving experience was just so much more enjoyable in the Model 3. The Seal felt heavy, laggy, cluttered, whereas the Model 3 was a whole new experience .. not one everyone might enjoy, but one I was willing to pay a premium (vs the Seal) for.

Reactions: Wagits and Jules22
Otherwise grab a heavy duty extension cable. Thick cable and as short as possible, which will also do the job.

Something like this https://www.bunnings.com.au/hpm-10m...-heavy-duty-tradesman-extension-lead_p4420227
So if I got that then I could just unplug the drinks fridge once or twice a week when I want to charge? That would be preferable to moving the security camera and unplugging the garage door every time we want to charge.

Are there any issues or things I should be wary of when using this type of extension lead? I assume the car is smart enough to notify you or turn off the current if something is going wrong?