Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeh thanks for that - will defo do glass. Not too fussed about unlimited hire car for the premium increase actually, we have a second car but will defo weigh it up.
We have only one car and regional. Without a car, it’s almost impossible to go anywhere.
Lucky for me the RACV was glitching and the difference between normal and complete was only $50. I reduced the value of the car to reduce the premium but when I went to the showroom to pay, it defaulted to the full amount but the premium stayed the same.

• Love
Reactions: xavier2k3
Still waiting.. ordered day one available. I'm in Melbourne.
ok glad (and sad) to hear thats the norm for the moment.

I've seen a few of these pop up in Vic and its been SO TEMPTING to do it because its the colour I want and falls under the luxury car threshold. (obviously ive had to settle for the white and stock wheels with the long range which comes in just under the luxury car threshold too). But I'm staying strong for now and hoping the long range will land in Melb soon. I know NSW have them because ive seen a couple pop up on existing inventory....

1684218352722.png

ok glad (and sad) to hear thats the norm for the moment.

I've seen a few of these pop up in Vic and its been SO TEMPTING to do it because its the colour I want and falls under the luxury car threshold. (obviously ive had to settle for the white and stock wheels with the long range which comes in just under the luxury car threshold too). But I'm staying strong for now and hoping the long range will land in Melb soon. I know NSW have them because ive seen a couple pop up on existing inventory....

View attachment 938183

Someone should definitely snap that up!

Hellow Fellas,

My Journey So far
Melbourne ,OD 21/11 MSM 20" Induction
RAV entered 10/05
Delivery approaching message received 10/05
EDD still showing 16 May - June 5

Called Tesla, they don't have any further info
My Leasing company has been advised the earliest delivery date is June 30th couple of weeks before... Not sure what's going on. Lit bit disappointed 🙁considering others ordered later already picking up.
Any idea guys

Cheers

Hellow Fellas,

My Journey So far
Melbourne ,OD 21/11 MSM 20" Induction
RAV entered 10/05
Delivery approaching message received 10/05
EDD still showing 16 May - June 5

Called Tesla, they don't have any further info
My Leasing company has been advised the earliest delivery date is June 30th couple of weeks before... Not sure what's going on. Lit bit disappointed 🙁considering others ordered later already picking up.
Any idea guys

Cheers
That doesn't sound right at all. You would have a build date on your final invoice of 21/4 I imagine?

Your car is sitting at Port Melbourne dock most likely. We have the identical order and info - you were just a day later than me on the order. But even the day you received texts is the same as me.

I'm confused why your leasing company think its 30/6, only Tesla would be able to give you a date/info. How did you arrange your car?

My guess is it's the next batch being moved to the delivery office and you'll hear in a matter of days - a bit of congestion has built up since our ship arrived but you should have beaten that.

Port Melbourne delivery location, right?

That doesn't sound right at all. You would have a build date on your final invoice of 21/4 I imagine?

Your car is sitting at Port Melbourne dock most likely. We have the identical order and info - you were just a day later than me on the order. But even the day you received texts is the same as me.

I'm confused why your leasing company think its 30/6, only Tesla would be able to give you a date/info. How did you arrange your car?

My guess is it's the next batch being moved to the delivery office and you'll hear in a matter of days - a bit of congestion has built up since our ship arrived but you should have beaten that.

Port Melbourne delivery location, right?
Thanks for the details.
Mine built date is 21/04 and I have received the final invoice from the leasing company and rego papers filled in and send back
I ordered the car myself on 21/11 from Chadstone and then arranged finance through leasing company. They might have contacted Tesla 3 weeks ago and got some info from them.(Back then congestion in port Melbourne was high)
Mine should be Mulgrave pickup since it is close to my location, but not sure
Today morning I have replied to the number which tesla sends messages and they replied back with EDD May16-June 5.
Just wondering my car was not on the Turrandot?

Thanks for the details.
Mine built date is 21/04 and I have received the final invoice from the leasing company and rego papers filled in and send back
I ordered the car myself on 21/11 from Chadstone and then arranged finance through leasing company. They might have contacted Tesla 3 weeks ago and got some info from them.(Back then congestion in port Melbourne was high)
Mine should be Mulgrave pickup since it is close to my location, but not sure
Today morning I have replied to the number which tesla sends messages and they replied back with EDD May16-June 5.
Just wondering my car was not on the Turrandot?

Yes it would have been on Turandot for sure.

If you are 100% Mulgrave pick up then that is probably the delay as it needs to get transported over. I'm guessing they'll be focussing on getting cars sorted at Port Melbourne first as well as those transported down from Port Kembla as there are many pick-ups booked for this week and next, both in Mulgrave and Port Melbourne.

Both me and @RyHunter with same info as you are Port Melbourne pick ups which is around the corner from the docks. We are Port Melbourne because we ordered online I'm guessing. As you're a Chadstone order I'm guessing that's probably why you are Mulgrave. We've seen similar things in Sydney with Alexandria vs Chatswood and Chatswood getting there's a week before Alexandria even though cars for both arrived on the same ship.

On the 8th Feb, online orders got this text:
"Tesla Update: We recently moved into a new delivery facility in Westgate Park.

Your delivery location has been updated to our new Tesla Delivery Centre located at 127 Todd Rd Port Melbourne, VIC 3207.
If you haven't already, please finalise any outstanding items in your Tesla Account."

You could try seeing if they'd let you pick it up earlier if you moved your delivery location but may be too late, but either way - it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

Yes it would have been on Turandot for sure.

If you are 100% Mulgrave pick up then that is probably the delay as it needs to get transported over. I'm guessing they'll be focussing on getting cars sorted at Port Melbourne first as well as those transported down from Port Kembla as there are many pick-ups booked for this week and next, both in Mulgrave and Port Melbourne.

Both me and @RyHunter with same info as you are Port Melbourne pick ups which is around the corner from the docks. We are Port Melbourne because we ordered online I'm guessing. As you're a Chadstone order I'm guessing that's probably why you are Mulgrave. We've seen similar things in Sydney with Alexandria vs Chatswood and Chatswood getting there's a week before Alexandria even though cars for both arrived on the same ship.

On the 8th Feb, online orders got this text:
"Tesla Update: We recently moved into a new delivery facility in Westgate Park.

Your delivery location has been updated to our new Tesla Delivery Centre located at 127 Todd Rd Port Melbourne, VIC 3207.
If you haven't already, please finalise any outstanding items in your Tesla Account."

You could try seeing if they'd let you pick it up earlier if you moved your delivery location but may be too late, but either way - it shouldn't be too long hopefully.
Thanks xavier2K3 for giving plenty of positives. :)
I have changed color couple of times in Feb though( was very hard hard between Blue and MSM) , hope it wont affect the delivery
As you mentioned it shouldn't be tooo long.

Cheers

I have changed color couple of times in Feb though( was very hard hard between Blue and MSM) , hope it wont affect the delivery

Cheers
Adding to this..
I cant see a delivery location in my Tesla account. So i think its up to them based on the customer location. Anyways I just replied to the message from Tesla. Lets see.
Cheers

Adding to this..
I cant see a delivery location in my Tesla account. So i think its up to them based on the customer location. Anyways I just replied to the message from Tesla. Lets see.
Cheers

Cheers

Let us know how you get along. It's good info for everyone,. Colour wouldn't have made a difference as your car wouldn't have been built in Feb.

Reactions: RM2023
Just got the scheduled for delivery message from Tesla. Scheduled it on 24/05 to pick up from Mulgrave! However I haven't received the final invoice yet. :p
Update: I called Tesla support this morning, seems they did something in the background. Still no final invoice under Documents section. But the payments detail shows up now along with the registration form.

Question: should I do anything about the registration form? There is no instructions about how to fill and return it. lol...

Update: I called Tesla support this morning, seems they did something in the background. Still no final invoice under Documents section. But the payments detail shows up now along with the registration form.

Question: should I do anything about the registration form? There is no instructions about how to fill and return it. lol...
You should receive an email from the address to which you are meant to return your form. The address varies by State. My email came 2-3 days after my form was available, which was confusing. What are you having trouble filling in?

Reactions: BrendanZ
Thx mate. The filling part is straightforward. Was confused by the return part.
Since I am in Queensland, I didn't want to guess the email address for you to use, but grizzlybear showed it recently in the other forum.
They send you a text with the email address. For Victoria, it’s [email protected]
It’s an automated mailbox. If there is any issue, they will reach out to you.

Reactions: BrendanZ
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum 😊
Black Model Y - RWD
Order date: 28/11/22
Build date: 24/04/23
Delivery date: 22/05 - 12/06
Sent the registration form yesterday and then received a text to provide the client number (VicRoads). I have a question regarding adding “enhanced autopilot”, is it better to add it now or once I have received the car?
Thank you

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum 😊
Black Model Y - RWD
Order date: 28/11/22
Build date: 24/04/23
Delivery date: 22/05 - 12/06
Sent the registration form yesterday and then received a text to provide the client number (VicRoads). I have a question regarding adding “enhanced autopilot”, is it better to add it now or once I have received the car?
Thank you
Adding it now guarantees the current price, although I don't imagine it will change much in the next month or two. Adding later just requires the purchase and then a software download.

Whether adding it now or later is better for tax purposes, etc, might be a better question for an accountant.

Generally, there is little advantage in adding it now.