Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not a huge fan of Autoglym products but heard some decent reviews. If you are applying that, I would recommend something like Bowden own wet dreams or bead machine (assuming you prefer buying it from a store than through auto detailing websites like waxit) as a topper along with each wash to keep the coating last longer. It will make the water bead and fly off as you drive in rain.
Thanks GB, Any thoughts on PPF. A friend of mine's MY got some stone chips straight after a week. So I am seriously thinking of doing PPF at least for bumper

No. I checked with the SA when we go the invoice and he confirmed no UMC for us. However, he was generous enough to offer us a voucher to place one for free. I have mentioned this in detail in my previous post. Very rare for that to happen apparently.

We also installed 32Amp plug and got the 32A tail for the UMC. It charged the car at 50km/Hr last night.
Did you order through the SA? He was indeed generous to offer the UMC voucher. I just called Tesla support, only cars that built before March this year could have the UMC or voucher. 😞

Did you order through the SA? He was indeed generous to offer the UMC voucher. I just called Tesla support, only cars that built before March this year could have the UMC or voucher. 😞
All my communication has been through my SA as he gave me his mobile number. He has been very helpful and when I asked about the UMC, he said it’s not included, unfortunately. I asked if he could do something and if there is a way to get it, he then offered a voucher and I was able to redeem it for UMC through the Tesla store.

Once again, as many mentioned here, purely luck and SA being very generous and helpful.

Thanks GB, Any thoughts on PPF. A friend of mine's MY got some stone chips straight after a week. So I am seriously thinking of doing PPF at least for bumper
Definite yes to PPF as it offers a very thick layer of protection that ceramic coatings can’t offer.
But with everyone getting PPF on their Tesla, the prices have gone up like crazy and for the current price, it’s not worth it. If you are doing it on your own and know how to, then go for it.

I’m not comfortable with applying PPF personally but I might look into it at a later stage.

Hi Guys,
Mulrave DC , mine changed from 16 May - 05 June to 27 May - 13 June 😞
Some hold up is happening? Port congestion or unavailability of transport from melbourne port to Mulgrave?
Customer support is not helpful at all. They don't even confirm the car is in melbourne.
Any ideas.

OD 22/11 from chadstone
Build date 21/04.
Hey RM, my EDD is pushed out again for one day, now showing 28/05-13/06. Called Tesla twice today and was told the car is not far off but nothing more specific than that. Is your EDD still holding up?

Hey RM, my EDD is pushed out again for one day, now showing 28/05-13/06. Called Tesla twice today and was told the car is not far off but nothing more specific than that. Is your EDD still holding up?
I feel that these calls are not very useful, they don't provide any more info than what's available on the app. Even I got a call saying "You will be getting the car soon" but still provided a 3-week window. I can't process payment right now if the car is coming towards the end of the 3-week window.

Last edited:
Reactions: deinau
I feel that these calls are not very useful, they don't provide any more info than what's available on the app. Even I got a call saying "You will be getting the car soon" but still provided a 3-week window. I can't process payment right now if the car is coming towards the end of the 3-week window.
I think they do have access to more info than what they advise us on the phone. They seem to prefer to underpromise, hence are reluctant to even give normal ETAs so customers don't get too excited. One of my friends with similar ETA called them and one of the agents said his car will arrive at Mulgrave likely on Wednesday next week, whereas when I ask the agent I spoke with, he said he had no access to any of other info than I can see on Tesla app.

Reactions: bean2006 and RM2023
I think they do have access to more info than what they advise us on the phone. They seem to prefer to underpromise, hence are reluctant to even give normal ETAs so customers don't get too excited. One of my friends with similar ETA called them and one of the agents said his car will arrive at Mulgrave likely on Wednesday next week, whereas when I ask the agent I spoke with, he said he had no access to any of other info than I can see on Tesla app.
Does that mean we will get our car next week :)

Reactions: bean2006
Does that mean we will get our car next week :)
I very much doubt it. When I spoke with an agent yesterday (prior to changing to 28th May), he believed it would be on the early part of 27th May to 13th June, but I just called them once more (yep, I sit here all day twiddle my thumbs) and was told there is more accurate window than what's on the app. Frustructing!

I very much doubt it. When I spoke with an agent yesterday (prior to changing to 28th May), he believed it would be on the early part of 27th May to 13th June, but I just called them once more (yep, I sit here all day twiddle my thumbs) and was told there is more accurate window than what's on the app. Frustructing!
Same , I had a chat with one of the guy and said the app date is the window you can expect. Yesterday only came to know that $350 order fee is not contributing towards the vehicle price. Order fee is a separate item. Elon is making millions on this alone o_O

Just had a look at the agreement and it says as per below
1684472680662.png