Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's meant to dock at point Cartwright? Near Mooloolaba.

So more waiting...
Not dock, just needs to be at the Point Cartwright anchorage before coming down to Port of Brisbane.
Like a stopping point since it's coming from the South and can't squeeze between Moreton Island and North Stradbroke.
I'm not an expert, I'm just guess the waters are too shallow for the massive vessel so it needs to make a wider turn in deeper waters.

Reactions: chbchb and hillgun
Not dock, just needs to be at the Point Cartwright anchorage before coming down to Port of Brisbane.
Like a stopping point since it's coming from the South and can't squeeze between Moreton Island and North Stradbroke.
I'm not an expert, I'm just guess the waters are too shallow for the massive vessel so it needs to make a wider turn in deeper waters.

Ah ok gotcha. Makes sense. In which case it's meant to leave anchorage around 11pm tonight.

Hey all,

Just after some advice. My order still shows TBD however the invoice and registration docs have been made available. (Build date is 14/04 like many other people I've seen).

I made a payment of $1 just to confirm the bank details on the invoice were correct. I got a text message 2 days later from Tesla saying a payment was received and I called them and they confirmed it had been, however I don't have any "Payments" section showing on my app/online account like many other people seem to report. My invoice also hasn't been updated with the $1 coming off. The Tesla rep on the phone didn't seem concerned and just said I should wait to make payments closer to my delivery date and all this information would show then.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Obviously don't care much about $1 not showing, however want to make sure this reflects when I do start making large payments.

Reactions: grizzlybear
Hey all,

Just after some advice. My order still shows TBD however the invoice and registration docs have been made available. (Build date is 14/04 like many other people I've seen).

I made a payment of $1 just to confirm the bank details on the invoice were correct. I got a text message 2 days later from Tesla saying a payment was received and I called them and they confirmed it had been, however I don't have any "Payments" section showing on my app/online account like many other people seem to report. My invoice also hasn't been updated with the $1 coming off. The Tesla rep on the phone didn't seem concerned and just said I should wait to make payments closer to my delivery date and all this information would show then.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Obviously don't care much about $1 not showing, however want to make sure this reflects when I do start making large payments.
Ultimately you don't need to worry too much, it's just a very bad website. I'm in the same boat (made a small payment, can't see it reflected anywhere) and things on the site disappear and reappear all the time. It's just an overall bad experience, but we've just gotta wait it out.

At the moment my "Next Steps" section just says "What do I need to bring with me to delivery?" without an answer. Just randomly shows and hides it.

Reactions: OffGreenFX
Hey all,

I am in the process of making my payments. I received the same SMS, falsely claiming that I would be able to see the payment in my account. Tesla sales via SMS told me they are working on restoring that function. In the meantime, they correctly told me how much was still owing without me telling them how much I have transferred. It's still uncomfortable sending money "in the blind", and is yet another system failing in Tesla's sales process. I will be glad when this is over, to be honest.

Reactions: OffGreenFX
Ultimately you don't need to worry too much, it's just a very bad website. I'm in the same boat (made a small payment, can't see it reflected anywhere) and things on the site disappear and reappear all the time. It's just an overall bad experience, but we've just gotta wait it out.

At the moment my "Next Steps" section just says "What do I need to bring with me to delivery?" without an answer. Just randomly shows and hides it.

I am in the process of making my payments. I received the same SMS, falsely claiming that I would be able to see the payment in my account. Tesla sales via SMS told me they are working on restoring that function. In the meantime, they correctly told me how much was still owing without me telling them how much I have transferred. It's still uncomfortable sending money "in the blind", and is yet another system failing in Tesla's sales process. I will be glad when this is over, to be honest.
Thanks guys,

I'm in the same boat as both of you. I absolutely love the car, but can't wait till this is all over and I can just be done with the ordering experience.

I've only paid $1 so far, so it's no big deal, but it's not particularly reassuring when a tech company can't get it's own website working properly. I thought it was just my account when I got the SMS and the link didn't take me to any "payments" page.

Thanks guys,

I'm in the same boat as both of you. I absolutely love the car, but can't wait till this is all over and I can just be done with the ordering experience.

Interesting to hear that. I ordered the exact same day and city as you (10 Jan - Sydney) and I dont have a VIN Yet, likely due to config. I am here nor there on the ordering experience as nothing has happened since dropping the deposit and Im till within the original EDD.

It must go downhill after you get your VIN!

Woo hoo!!!
OD - 25/12/2022 MY RED MSM with Gemini Wheels and black interior. VIC. Trading in our car.

I opened the app and my EDD changed to May 9-30. Is_vin_assigned set to True.
No update from Tesla though, trade in valuation nor rego papers.

Great that things are progressing for you! Must be so many new Teslas coming over May to be clearing out so many orders recently. Had the standard email from Tesla talking about delays out of their control to temper expectations. Probs why I'm still TBD with the EDD.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-28 112055.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 112055.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: grizzlybear
Great that things are progressing for you! Must be so many new Teslas coming over May to be clearing out so many orders recently. Had the standard email from Tesla talking about delays out of their control to temper expectations. Probs why I'm still TBD with the EDD.
I was at least begging for a TBD status as I get zero communication from Tesla or updates like others here.

I opened the app and ta-da! EDD May 9-30 and my jaw dropped.

Woo hoo!!!
OD - 25/12/2022 MY RED MSM with Gemini Wheels and black interior. VIC. Trading in our car.

I opened the app and my EDD changed to May 9-30. Is_vin_assigned set to True.
No update from Tesla though, trade in valuation nor rego papers.
Congrats! This gives heaps of hopes to any of us ordering in early Jan.. just wanted to confirm yours is RWD silver right?

Yes. RWD Midnight Silver with Gemini wheels and black interior. Ordered on the 25/12/22 morning in VIC.
I ordered Model y RWD White with black interior. Gemini wheels and enhanced autopilot around 10th November 2022. But still, no update or VIN, im thinking because i ordered the basic configuration, the wait time is longer. does anyone know when i will be expecting my delivery?

Hi all, I've been lurking a while but this is my first post.

I ordered (RWD, White/black, gemini wheels) on 10/11/23, EDD was Feb-May 23.
Finally I got some progress on 21/4, EDD was updated to TBD and I found the VIN in the Account page source. Invoice, and EDD update to 1/5-22/5 followed a few days later.

I've made a couple of payments, with nothing heard from Tesla and apparently nothing visible in the Account page.

However, I've found that you can see all your payment details, and the current outstanding amount, in the source code of the Account page. Search for "rawAmount" for partial payments, and for "AmountDueAtDelivery" for the outstanding balance.