Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whose EDD has been changed 5 times? Raise your hand:cool:. I'm quite patient.
You have been patient. Your build date feels like ages ago. My EDD had changed three times, but only small changes (8 days in total), plus then change to TBD, which I am taking as meaning "Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, or.... you know...not. Whatever!".
"And, no, you can't book you towbar installation until you have the car. Good luck making plans!"

Well, I spoke too soon. I am now at 5 EDD changes, with the date slippage out to about 5-6 weeks. With EOFY as a deadline, I am not feeling patient.

Buddies indeed haha! this is exciting news! @xavier2k3 do you have any recommendations for comprehensive car insurance for Inner North?
I'm also Inner North and Budget Direct were the cheapest by quite a bit, then Westpac $1.5/1.6k vs $2k+ with circa $1.3k excess I think it was. Budget wouldn't do agreed car value but Westpac would, however. This is with 1 year NCD. My other car was with BD but now Ozicare (another Budget group insurer), so likely I'll go with BD again.

Reactions: deinau and RyHunter
UPDATE:
EDD pushed forward 16 MAY - 5JUN (Melbourne). Spoke to my SA today he is confident about deliveries next week now o_O
I had EDD May 15 - June 5. Victoria. However, I got the scheduled delivery text yesterday and booked pick up for 17th of May.

I'm also Inner North and Budget Direct were the cheapest by quite a bit, then Westpac $1.5/1.6k vs $2k+ with circa $1.3k excess I think it was. Budget wouldn't do agreed car value but Westpac would, however. This is with 1 year NCD. My other car was with BD but now Ozicare (another Budget group insurer), so likely I'll go with BD again.
I see quite a lot of posts about insurance. Everyone’s scenario is soo different. I enquired with 6 insurance providers and RACV was the cheapest for me. Complete cover, $75,000 value, 36 months new car replacement at $1300 per year.
Complete cover offers zero excess of windscreen/glass replacement and unlimited hire car period.

I had EDD May 15 - June 5. Victoria. However, I got the scheduled delivery text yesterday and booked pick up for 17th of May.

I see quite a lot of posts about insurance. Everyone’s scenario is soo different. I enquired with 6 insurance providers and RACV was the cheapest for me. Complete cover, $75,000 value, 36 months new car replacement at $1300 per year.
Complete cover offers zero excess of windscreen/glass replacement and unlimited hire car period.
Congrats on the delivery date! Ours must be around the corner, then. Mulgrave or Port Melbourne pick up? P

Yeh it's crazy regarding insurance differences. I was quoted 4037 for a my23 model and 4405 for a my22 model by RACV with the complete cover, not even agreeing as high a value as you and I've never had a claim, had license 18 years. They don't seem to even factor in car parked location or NCD in their calculation so it must be purely down to postcode location as I'm mid 30's.

Congrats on the delivery date! Ours must be around the corner, then. Mulgrave or Port Melbourne pick up? P

Yeh it's crazy regarding insurance differences. I was quoted 4037 for a my23 model and 4405 for a my22 model by RACV with the complete cover, not even agreeing as high a value as you and I've never had a claim, had license 18 years. They don't seem to even factor in car parked location or NCD in their calculation so it must be purely down to postcode location as I'm mid 30's.
Strange, indeed. Maybe suburb might place a part as we are regional but no claim in the last 5 years, no demerits and have had the licence for decades.

I never got how insurance worked. I lowered the agreed value to $70,000 and increased the excess to $1500 to get low premium. I couldn’t complete the purchase online as we only have the vin. I went to the RACV showroom during my lunch and they pulled the quote. The value suddenly changed back to $75,000 and $800 excess for the same premium. I gave the vin and finalised the order and left with a big smile.

Port Melbourne pickup.

Reactions: xavier2k3
Strange, indeed. Maybe suburb might place a part as we are regional but no claim in the last 5 years, no demerits and have had the licence for decades.

I never got how insurance worked. I lowered the agreed value to $70,000 and increased the excess to $1500 to get low premium. I couldn’t complete the purchase online as we only have the vin. I went to the RACV showroom during my lunch and they pulled the quote. The value suddenly changed back to $75,000 and $800 excess for the same premium. I gave the vin and finalised the order and left with a big smile.

Port Melbourne pickup.
Absolutely winning then with the showroom improved deal! Yeh im within 10km of the CBD so that could well be it. A good week for you, enjoy the pick up!

Reactions: grizzlybear
Absolutely winning then with the showroom improved deal! Yeh im within 10km of the CBD so that could well be it. A good week for you, enjoy the pick up!
Thanks. Things are starting to improve at all fronts. Can’t believe it’s all happening and so excited for the pickup. I will post some photos from the delivery center.

Good luck to everyone here waiting patiently. Shouldn’t be too long. Wait kills but worth it.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while. Ordered in October and have been allocated a vin and build date 03/04. My edd just got moved to 8 to 29 June not sure what can take this long. It’s already registered in RAV database.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while. Ordered in October and have been allocated a vin and build date 03/04. My edd just got moved to 8 to 29 June not sure what can take this long. It’s already registered in RAV database.
Absolutely disgusting! Ordered 17th October with same build date 03/04, RAV database registered, today moved to 16-30 June from 13/5-3/6. This is the 6th EDD moved backwards. Feeling I'm abandoned by Tesla. Based Chatswood Sydney.