Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the odds we get delivery just on or before 20 May @xavier2k3 ?

Gotta be honest, I'm not too hopeful. We're at the mercy of the port without any idea - but if Tesla are giving a month window from now and emailing customers about delays, they expect it to be bad I imagine. Tempted to take a drive and check out the queues as you can see them from public roads. (Attached pics)

Attachments

• tesla loc 2.png
    tesla loc 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • tesla loc.png
    tesla loc.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
You have been patient. Your build date feels like ages ago. My EDD had changed three times, but only small changes (8 days in total), plus then change to TBD, which I am taking as meaning "Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, or.... you know...not. Whatever!".
"And, no, you can't book you towbar installation until you have the car. Good luck making plans!"

(I posted this in the other thread as well, so apologies for the double-up)

To all the QLDers:

Have you filled out your Letter of Authority Application for Vehicle Registration form?
They say to complete the highlighted parts.

My question was about:
6. Concession Registration - I'm assuming this is a no?
8. Compulsory Third Part (CTP) Insurance - Does it make any difference which one I select? Why even give me a choice fi there isn't a difference?
Input Tax Credit Entitlement (ITCE) - What does that even mean?

Your help would be appreciated.

To all the QLDers:

Have you filled out your Letter of Authority Application for Vehicle Registration form?

My question was about:
8. Compulsory Third Part (CTP) Insurance - Does it make any difference which one I select? Why even give me a choice fi there isn't a difference?

Concession rego is for pensioners, etc.

CTP choice doesn't really matter, but sometimes your comprehensive insurer gives you a discount if your CTP is with them.

ITCE is basically whether you can claim back the GST component of the CTP (which you probably can as a business, but not as a private individual) - your accountant can clarify, but usually you would say yes to claiming ITCE if you are registered for GST.
If you say yes to ITCE, the CTP rate is higher to account for it.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Elite Display

To all the QLDers:

My question was about:

6. If you don't have concession card, the answer is "no".
8. You don't have the choice - on the final invoice the CTP fees included (Sydney based, not sure other states).

Reactions: Elite Display
Concession rego is for pensioners, etc.

CTP choice doesn't really matter, but sometimes your comprehensive insurer gives you a discount if your CTP is with them.

ITCE is basically whether you can claim back the GST component of the CTP (which you probably can as a business, but not as a private individual) - your accountant can clarify, but usually you would say yes to claiming ITCE if you are registered for GST.
If you say yes to ITCE, the CTP rate is higher to account for it.

Hope that helps.
Yes, that definitely helps. Thank you. I was worried the ITCE is related to novated leasing or something which is also a GST thing.

Reactions: JonDarian