Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant it was the best when quoted on a MYP 2022. I can’t get it to do the 2023.
Edit: which btw is ridiculous as there are NO 2022 MYP! So Allianz is letting people quote for a car model that does not exist.
Ah righto, yeah pretty silly isn’t it.

I will probably end up going with NRMA Comprehensive Plus. I have existing policies with them so that helps with keeping the quote down. They are also doing a promo at the moment, $100 Visa gift card when you use code VISA100.

Ah righto, yeah pretty silly isn’t it.

I will probably end up going with NRMA Comprehensive Plus. I have existing policies with them so that helps with keeping the quote down. They are also doing a promo at the moment, $100 Visa gift card when you use code VISA100.
Just ran a quote with Westpac (Allianz underwriting) and I can select MYP 2023 and it’s cheaper than Allianz.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Very frustrating not knowing 100% what our new cars come equipped with until they get delivered. Especially as you hear about larger seats, softer suspension, parcel shelf/luggage cover etc..

Its like we're getting the previous spec - wonder if this includes the prior suspension (stiffer/non comfort)

Last edited:
Very frustrating not knowing 100% what our new cars come equipped with until they get delivered. Especially as you hear about larger seats, softer suspension, parcel shelf/luggage cover etc..

Its like we're getting the previous spec - wonder if this includes the prior suspension (stiffer/non comfort)
Agree with you YAnthony.

It seems that information combined with speculation creates uncertainty.

A lot of the perception discussed on this forum by people that have invested heavily both in time, emotion and also financially differs from the reality.

It is a journey we are all on and this forum facilitates this and brings aspiring and current owners together.

The journey would be smoother, less frustrating and enhanced by having a map with clear sign posts, journey times and information that is clear, timely and accurate.

Imagine if that was part of a ‘master plan’. Or if management could make the journey for consumers who purchase their products smoother, less frustrating and enhanced by having such a map - and on this map were sign posts, journey times and information that is clear, timely, accurate and reliable.

Is it difficult, unreasonable or asking to much? Now that’s something we can all ponder!

There's a thread there for the rear seat extension, they may be local Chinese market only and haven't been seen elsewhere

Comfort suspension seems neither here nor there for the MYP given its a performance vehicle and suspension is subjective.

For the cargo cover, you can ask the UK MYP owners if they'd like USS or a cargo cover more.

The thing with Tesla and wanting it to include X and Y is that they're equally likely to remove things as well.

So if you waited 12 months for HD cameras (if these are even going to be available then), you'd likely lose USS.

We might see some improvements, removals and unicorn MYPs in the future, but I'd just suggest enjoying what you have focusing on the now.

Agree with you YAnthony.

It seems that information combined with speculation creates uncertainty.
If the uncertainty of whether you're going to get new features that didn't exist when you placed your order is hard, wait until you get your car and it starts receiving software updates. As part of the Tesla development team you'll need to have a healthy tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity and features get added, removed, and sometimes break.

Reactions: Way Downunder

There's a thread there for the rear seat extension, they may be local Chinese market only and haven't been seen elsewhere

Comfort suspension seems neither here nor there for the MYP given its a performance vehicle and suspension is subjective.

For the cargo cover, you can ask the UK MYP owners if they'd like USS or a cargo cover more.

The thing with Tesla and wanting it to include X and Y is that they're equally likely to remove things as well.

So if you waited 12 months for HD cameras (if these are even going to be available then), you'd likely lose USS.

We might see some improvements, removals and unicorn MYPs in the future, but I'd just suggest enjoying what you have focusing on the now.
Agreed. On top of that, the development and build model at Tesla is completely different compared to traditional auto makers which have a very monolithic and yearly (if not multi yearly) refresh process. It’s similar to the DevOps agile approach if you’re into software development as opposed to more traditional waterfall models which have gates and longer timeframes. Basically when some component needs updating it just gets added into the production cycle without waiting for the whole platform to be updated. It’s faster and allows for revisions much more frequently, but it’s also unpredictable from a consumer perspective. They would never be able to give a clear roadmap of what will change next month or what would be removed or added because it’s almost a real time process.
Edit: In fact I believe that different factories also develop new solutions independently (again very agile) and then propagate successful results across the board but not necessarily. It’s the opposite of how any other manufacturer works, where centralisation is critical for consistency.

Reactions: Way Downunder
So, Saturday morning update which is no update: Sydney MYP waiting with date still saying 14Feb-8March and no RAV registration. Considering many other EDDs have been pushed in the last week, should anyone in my position assume we’re definitely on Paglia due to dock on Tuesday? I mean, the next one is probably Viking Passama currently off the Sunshine Coast, but getting (not docking) to Brisbane on the 15th…but if that was the case dates would have been pushed already…no? 🤔