Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I ordered my MY in Red colour, have got the final invoice with vin details and even filled the rego details but I still haven’t received the sms for delivery yet. Vehicle build date is 3/4. Vehicle got added to the RAV on 4/5.

Booked the MY in October 2022.

Anyone from Sydney with similar build date and config who got the sms to schedule delivery?

Also, for the MYs that need to be delivered for Sydney, which port do the vehicles get offloaded to?
I ordered mid 2022 white MY and build date was March something, EDD 21/5-11/6.
Nothing happened yet.

Hi All,

I ordered my MY in Red colour, have got the final invoice with vin details and even filled the rego details but I still haven’t received the sms for delivery yet. Vehicle build date is 3/4. Vehicle got added to the RAV on 4/5.

Anyone from Sydney with similar build date and config who got the sms to schedule delivery?

Also, for the MYs that need to be delivered for Sydney, which port do the vehicles get offloaded to?
I have the same build and RAV entry date as you, can only assume we are on the same ship. I’m also Sydney.

Pick up is scheduled for Wednesday 17 May (this week).

My config is white/white/20”/RWD but regardless it sounds like we were on the same boat. So that’s to say your vehicle should be on land and not too far away 🤞

Thanks, Tmill for the information.

Guess even if a vehicle has been added to the RAV, it doesn’t mean the delivery is close. :-(
As you may have read here, apparently VINs hit the RAV database once the ship carrying your car docks at the first Australian port. So technically your delivery is closer, but your car has to be unloaded and cleared at Port Kembla. They have a huge number of vehicle carrier ships docking in the next 10 days. Whether they can stick to the schedule is the big question.

Yes, Turandot is stopping at Fremantle on the way back to Shanghai. Scheduled for 31/5.

Few others also that have recently left or leaving Shanghai. You can see some on the link below, there will be others not on here that go a different route via Singapore/Thailand with MOLACE instead of Armacup, but they don't release their schedules. You may be better off following the Perth waiting room forum, more specific info there it seems.

Thanks.

Ordered 29/8/2022. MY RWD Black/20” wheels. Melbourne. Build date 3/4/2023. Tesla just extended the EDD from May to June 7 - June 21.. does anyone know if my car will have the comfort suspension? Thanks.
Apparently that build date (after March 2023) has been confirmed as having comfort suspension. Sorry you have waited so stupidly long for your car.

Is the Melbourne port clearing up?, i have heard some people in this forum and another one, mentioning that the Melbourne port congestion is starting to clear up and cars unloaded from Turandot are beginning deliveries next week. I'm I'm pretty sure my car is on Grand eagle arriving 14/5/23 morning at Melbourne. Would that mean I would also be getting my car within next week or the week after ? My edd is 22 May - 12 June with a build date of 24/4/23.
If what @RyHunter was told by his SA is correct here then you could be in luck. We both have the same build date and EDD so keep an eye out for our posts next week. No other vehicle carriers are arriving before Grand Eagle docks and Turandot left yesterday for Brisbane, so fingers crossed! Could well be the week after us, for you - potentually days after.

I may have spoken too soon.....

Grand Eagle has been delayed unfortunately, no space to dock in Berth 1 as Iris Ace was delayed leaving because Turandot was a day late. It's now leaving tonight instead of Friday. Tijuca is scheduled to arrive tomorrow ahead of it now, too. GE is now planned to dock on the 17th May, currently anchored in the bay waiting for its turn.

In other news - Hoegh Trooper is finally Berth 2 leaving on Tuesday 16/4 after the fire in February, so should free Melbourne ports considerably I'd imagine.

Last edited:
In other news - Hoegh Trooper is finally Berth 2 leaving on Tuesday 16/4 after the fire in February, so should free Melbourne ports considerably I'd imagine.
I only believe it when it goes he he he .. Caused my Model 3 delayed a few months back and still causing problems.
Looking now has a smaller ship next to it so hopefully soon.
No stress on the Model Y would of loved it to come earlier in the Feb-May time frame.
We would not of got the Model 3 this year if it did though.

I may have spoken too soon.....

Grand Eagle has been delayed unfortunately, no space to dock in Berth 1 as Iris Ace was delayed leaving because Turandot was a day late. It's now leaving tonight instead of Friday. Tijuca is scheduled to arrive tomorrow ahead of it now, too. GE is now planned to dock on the 17th May, currently anchored in the bay waiting for its turn.

That's disappointing ,I was hoping that Grand Eagle would dock today :(. I guess i will have to wait till the 17th to see if my car pops up in RAV.

Reactions: adtle
Hi All,

Hey mate, I’m in the same situation as you but my spec is identical to @Jack23
MY RWD White/White/20” | Sydney | OD 29/10 | Build date 3/4 | RAV entry 4/5.

4 May is when I also got the ”Delivery is approaching” text but since then I had my EDD moved twice, and it’s now sitting at May 13 - Jun 3.

I messaged Tesla about it and they’ve replied that “the vessel has 1000s of vehicles to unload and get transported to their respective delivery centres for both Tesla and other dealerships. Once your vehicle is unloaded and in transit to the delivery centre, you’ll receive a notice to book your appointment. This is automated.”

Seeing @Jack23 picking up the car next week that means we’re not too far away. I suppose at this stage it’s really just the luck of the draw of when your exact car gets unloaded, irrespective of your order date.

Another week passed by with no movement… it looks like the delivery will be running to next quarter I mean to Jul…. current EDD is still Apr-Jun…

Tip for quick delivery …. Choose white exterior with black interior 19” RWD/LR/Perf with stand config that is with no changes and you might get it quick now…

When I ordered, I thought the one which is lesss in demand would be the quickest to build but I guess I was wrong ….

Hey mate, I’m in the same situation as you but my spec is identical to @Jack23
MY RWD White/White/20” | Sydney | OD 29/10 | Build date 3/4 | RAV entry 4/5.

4 May is when I also got the ”Delivery is approaching” text but since then I had my EDD moved twice, and it’s now sitting at May 13 - Jun 3.

I messaged Tesla about it and they’ve replied that “the vessel has 1000s of vehicles to unload and get transported to their respective delivery centres for both Tesla and other dealerships. Once your vehicle is unloaded and in transit to the delivery centre, you’ll receive a notice to book your appointment. This is automated.”

Seeing @Jack23 picking up the car next week that means we’re not too far away. I suppose at this stage it’s really just the luck of the draw of when your exact car gets unloaded, irrespective of your order date.
I ordered a month after you but other wise exact same spec and dates, hopefully we'll starting getting message early next week once Viking Passama docks, it's delayed for 1 day, won't unload until Tuesday Morning.

Another week passed by with no movement… it looks like the delivery will be running to next quarter I mean to Jul…. current EDD is still Apr-Jun…

Tip for quick delivery …. Choose white exterior with black interior 19” RWD/LR/Perf with stand config that is with no changes and you might get it quick now…

When I ordered, I thought the one which is lesss in demand would be the quickest to build but I guess I was wrong ….

You have to understand that Tesla are still yet to complete orders from as far back as July/August in VIC, Sept/Oct in NSW for some people so that will have knock-on effects for all orders placed following until they have caught up, irrelevant of the colour/spec you ordered, a queue is a queue. Demand is just that high.

Reactions: grizzlybear
You have to understand that Tesla are still yet to complete orders from as far back as July/August in VIC, Sept/Oct in NSW for some people so that will have knock-on effects for all orders placed following until they have caught up, irrelevant of the colour/spec you ordered, a queue is a queue. Demand is just that high.
Is that true people with OD of July/August in VIC still waiting? I mean people ordered much later have got VINs/closer delivery windows. And if specs doesn't matter, it's hard to explain what sort of logic Tesla follows. It may well be a hid and miss.