Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure you need a wet-ink signature (print, sign, scan, then email).

Strange that you couldn't print it. What did you open it with? If all else fails, you might be able to take a screenshot to save it, but that usually gives poor resolution.
I just used the digital signature thing on the mac.
you sign on a white piece of paper hold it near the camera and it takes the image and you place it on area and saved
Worked for my Model 3 in April just did the same for the Model Y last week

Reactions: grizzlybear
I just used the digital signature thing on the mac.
you sign on a white piece of paper hold it near the camera and it takes the image and you place it on area and saved
Worked for my Model 3 in April just did the same for the Model Y last week
Fair enough. Thanks. Admittedly, I am also in Qld and the rules may be different here.

Help! After ordering MY RWD White/Black/19" Hobart, I've had VIN, showing in RAV, EDD 17 May - 3 June, final invoice and yesterday (tada), a text with a link to the registration document, ts.la/rxxxo. There's been no email on registration yet.

The document is easy to fill in as a Fill & Sign PDF style of thing, although laughable is the "draw your signature" method of signing, which is not easy to do with a mouse, let alone a track ball.

Having filled it in, I discovered there is no option to Save, Print or Send the document, and if you leave the page in your browser, all the info you filled in is cleared and you have to start again.

How in the name of corporate thinking do I forward this document to the relevant destination?

Any advice much appreciated.
If you open in adobe reader, you can insert signature. Either upload and insert or use the mouse.
On Mac, it’s a lot easier. You can sign in a piece of paper and upload it and it’s super accurate.

I personally used my iPad and Apple Pencil to write on it.

I understand it’s not conventional and not everyone is used to it but I like that Tesla is using technology and breaking all norms of how things should be.

I work for a organisation in a small regional town. Even we stopped using paper based and moved everything online and docusign for all legal documents that we request from our clients. Even HR contracts are nowadays signed digitally and sent via our HR system.

If you open in adobe reader, you can insert signature. Either upload and insert or use the mouse.
On Mac, it’s a lot easier. You can sign in a piece of paper and upload it and it’s super accurate.

I personally used my iPad and Apple Pencil to write on it.

I understand it’s not conventional and not everyone is used to it but I like that Tesla is using technology and breaking all norms of how things should be.

I work for a organisation in a small regional town. Even we stopped using paper based and moved everything online and docusign for all legal documents that we request from our clients. Even HR contracts are nowadays signed digitally and sent via our HR system.
Agreed. Paperless is nice when possible.

I went back and looked at the email I received regarding registration and it says:

"Please print your form, complete all highlighted sections of the form and sign with a blue pen, then scan and reply to this email with your completed and signed form attached. Please note, Queensland Transport have advised they are unable to accept digital signatures."

So, at least for Queensland, printing, signing and scanning is the required procedure. Good to hear other States offer other options.

Help! After ordering MY RWD White/Black/19" Hobart, I've had VIN, showing in RAV, EDD 17 May - 3 June, final invoice and yesterday (tada), a text with a link to the registration document, ts.la/rxxxo. There's been no email on registration yet.

The document is easy to fill in as a Fill & Sign PDF style of thing, although laughable is the "draw your signature" method of signing, which is not easy to do with a mouse, let alone a track ball.

Having filled it in, I discovered there is no option to Save, Print or Send the document, and if you leave the page in your browser, all the info you filled in is cleared and you have to start again.

How in the name of corporate thinking do I forward this document to the relevant destination?

DFE5E288-43B8-47B4-805C-53D6424E2B8D.png

Worked for me fine. Dodgy signature though!

So, I called out a week ago for anyone in Brisbane/ QLD who has recently gotten delivery SMSs to please provide some details (when they received, slots available) so that we can work out how long after unloading Passama, Paganella, cars are getting into people's hands.

Either we have a huge amount of "lurkers" here unwilling to participate or there's been no QLD delivery slots yet opened, despite Passama having been gone for a week from POB.

Which do we think it is?

have a feeling not as many reading this forum as i would have expected text messages to go out by now, especially for passama

Actually thats a good point, i know I'm on Passama as my build date is 3/4 and it left on 7/4. But what happened to all the cars of Viking Sea as i haven’t seen many delivery notification messages for Sydney cars in recent weeks here or on any of the other regular Tesla delivery forums. I wonder if they where freighted elsewhere?
Same with Viking Sea with alleged load of Teslas mysteriously came and went, only docked at Port Kembla. No peeps here mentioned anything about getting their cars, although a couple of people in Sydney mentioned yesterday they are picking their cars up.

Viking Sea left Shanghai on the 9/4 so it's entirely possible that there were 3/4 build cars on that too as there are many Melbourne orders also with that build date picking up next week that were transported down from PK. Or perhaps the ship was predominantly M3's or something? There are Aus bound build dates 9/4, 13/4 and 14/4 out there for MY but I've not seen anything across 7/4 and 8/4 on the forums.

Last edited:
Does anyone experience this with the tesla app while still waiting for a vin to be assigned?

I downloaded the app and registered as soon as I ordered my Model Y. Initially I can see all the intro videos.

Afterwards the videos disappeared and I can only see the "next steps" and when I clicked on them nothing happens.

Today I went into the app and even the "next steps" disappeared. It looked like below.
Screenshot_20230513-102327.png

Also just curious what happens if you can't make it to the designated delivery date / time? Does it mean reschedule only?

Thanks a lot.

Does anyone experience this with the tesla app while still waiting for a vin to be assigned?

I downloaded the app and registered as soon as I ordered my Model Y. Initially I can see all the intro videos.

Afterwards the videos disappeared and I can only see the "next steps" and when I clicked on them nothing happens.

Today I went into the app and even the "next steps" disappeared. It looked like below.View attachment 937250

Also just curious what happens if you can't make it to the designated delivery date / time? Does it mean reschedule only?

Thanks a lot.

I'm pretty sure they disappeared for everyone. Saw some FB posts about it and I have the same awaiting delivery.

Regarding delivery - you choose the day yourself from options given to you. If you can't make it you can reschedule.

Today I went into the app and even the "next steps" disappeared. It looked like below.View attachment 937250

Thanks a lot.
The app is just broken. Stuff disappears and reappears all the time. I don't have my car yet so I can't speak for the app when the car has been delivered, but it's always been broken like this so far (for me).

Regarding your question about delivery dates, they'll generally give you a couple of options you can pick from. If you can't make any of them, you'll probably have to arrange a friend to pick it up for you, and advise Tesla in writing. No delays as far as I know, they have to move cars in and out.

Reactions: houdini
The app is just broken. Stuff disappears and reappears all the time. I don't have my car yet so I can't speak for the app when the car has been delivered, but it's always been broken like this so far (for me).

Regarding your question about delivery dates, they'll generally give you a couple of options you can pick from. If you can't make any of them, you'll probably have to arrange a friend to pick it up for you, and advise Tesla in writing. No delays as far as I know, they have to move cars in and out.
Great thanks for that mate.

Thanks a lot.
Same experience for me with the Tesla app.
I guess we will have a few dates to choose from or could get a relative / friend on our behalf
Not sure about the other options. I would like to know too

Is the Melbourne port clearing up?, i have heard some people in this forum and another one, mentioning that the Melbourne port congestion is starting to clear up and cars unloaded from Turandot are beginning deliveries next week. I'm I'm pretty sure my car is on Grand eagle arriving 14/5/23 morning at Melbourne. Would that mean I would also be getting my car within next week or the week after ? My edd is 22 May - 12 June with a build date of 24/4/23.

Is the Melbourne port clearing up?, i have heard some people in this forum and another one, mentioning that the Melbourne port congestion is starting to clear up and cars unloaded from Turandot are beginning deliveries next week. I'm I'm pretty sure my car is on Grand eagle arriving 14/5/23 morning at Melbourne. Would that mean I would also be getting my car within next week or the week after ? My edd is 22 May - 12 June with a build date of 24/4/23.
If what @RyHunter was told by his SA is correct here then you could be in luck. We both have the same build date and EDD so keep an eye out for our posts next week. No other vehicle carriers are arriving before Grand Eagle docks and Turandot left yesterday for Brisbane, so fingers crossed! Could well be the week after us, for you - potentually days after.

Reactions: bean2006

If you download Acrobat Reader and open the document with that, you can “Fill and Sign” the document, then save it to send via email. This assumes Tesla have setup the form correctly and not locked it against editing.
If you sign a blank piece of paper with a thick pen and scan that as an image you can import that into Acrobat Reader to allow you to sign documents virtually. I use it all the time for many legal document purposes and it works well.

Hi All,

I ordered my MY in Red colour, have got the final invoice with vin details and even filled the rego details but I still haven’t received the sms for delivery yet. Vehicle build date is 3/4. Vehicle got added to the RAV on 4/5.

Booked the MY in October 2022.

Anyone from Sydney with similar build date and config who got the sms to schedule delivery?

Also, for the MYs that need to be delivered for Sydney, which port do the vehicles get offloaded to?